Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64421
Latest: jtaletkwtd
New This Month: 290
New This Week: 51
New Today: 16
Stats
Total Posts: 76187
Total Topics: 21894
Most Online Today: 1562
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1100
Total: 1114
LarryTum
titlesuitsai
Keithlat
Google (AdSense)
Google (10)

Author Topic: Movement and camera suggestion  (Read 3264 times)

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Movement and camera suggestion
« on: June 15, 2016, 13:33:27 »
Was thinking about the movement and camera after playing it for 5 minutes. Things didn't feel natural for me and I'd have the feeling I'd struggle with the controls greatly.

I was thinking about the speed first. How about having 3 modes for movement: one button to switch to walking (ex. /) one button to switch to ninja run (hold shift) and one button to switch to running (press / again or releas shift).

speeds could be 3 km/h , 20 km/h and 60 km/h.

Camera: I was thinking about doing something Blade & Soul - esque, where your character turns along with your camera (+ cursor).

Let me know what you think.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Movement and camera suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 13:50:48 »
Dynamic speed is one of our greatest features and it's something you will like once you adapt to it.

Camera is going to undergo many changes in upcoming updates.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 14:00:20 »
Dynamic speed is one of our greatest features and it's something you will like once you adapt to it.

Very well, but changes how the camera works and how the dynamic speed works are pretty much intertwined. Care to share how you are planning to change the camera system? Or is there no planning yet, just that it will change?

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 14:05:22 »

Very well, but changes how the camera works and how the dynamic speed works are pretty much intertwined. Care to share how you are planning to change the camera system? Or is there no planning yet, just that it will change?
Dynamic speed is completely detached from the camera, it has nothing to do with it.

The changes to the camera I am talking about are:
- collision with the environment
- aiming mode
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 22:47:17 »
Was thinking about the movement and camera after playing it for 5 minutes. Things didn't feel natural for me and I'd have the feeling I'd struggle with the controls greatly.

The first sentence is probably the reason for your inefficiencies with the controls. And don't worry too much about natural, this game's aiming to be different and to take some chances, it doesn't have to be like every other game to be fun to play. Take a while longer to toy with it.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 14:18:24 »
Sence my idea has to do with the camera I will suggest it here rather the. Make a new thread about it.

So with the speed that people move in this game, I want to suggest a skill in the Taijutsu and kenjutsu trees that hard lock the camera on a target that enters what I am calling combat range. This is a 3 meter raidus around the user.
At a 60 kph that meens the target is only in this range for a max .01 sec. So it will still take skill to hits some one at full speed but if they can time the attack right they can counter the attacker and reduce there speed to 0.

This would obviously be an advanced Taijutsu skill.

From there I would also like to suggest a  camera mode that moves to a system simaler to a live motion fighting game like DOA but with out the pause feature... Real time, when both people in the combat range are moving 0 kph.
If you move out of the combat range the camera will revert back to normal 3rd person.
I would also like to point out that this is only for the Taijutsu and Bukijutsu users. If you have not trained this skills... You will not get the hard lock so you will still only get a soft lock on the Taijutsu user and will have to fight with that handicap.

I'm not sure if this is posable to do for Taijutsu and bukijutsu.

Or if there is a way to make a UI option that would alow for this kind of camera system.

With the the current speed and pace of the game I don't see how Taijutsu can be very effective. Or at least is useless against Jutsu such as chidori.

Things I think this will accomplish
Spoiler: show

1 Taijutsu and Bukijutsu users could have
Jutsu specific to this mode large combos that would otherwise be impossible to connect with out a hard lock
2 much more role  oriented battles between squads- I.E. You would not send in a long range Jutsu user against a Taijutsu or Bukijutsu user. Although Bukijutsu users may specialize in long range  weaponry. Making them a unknown veritable to be tested.
3 epic Taijutsu battles to watch-
2 advanced Taijutsu ninja would basicly enter a fighting game were it will come down to skill more then who traind more. Someone that has better timing and uses less stamina in there attacks could consevably beat some one that has far better Jutsu and higher stamina.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 14:59:25 by cmsurfer »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 16:42:26 »
Sence my idea has to do with the camera I will suggest it here rather the. Make a new thread about it.

So with the speed that people move in this game, I want to suggest a skill in the Taijutsu and kenjutsu trees that hard lock the camera on a target that enters what I am calling combat range. This is a 3 meter raidus around the user.
At a 60 kph that meens the target is only in this range for a max .01 sec. So it will still take skill to hits some one at full speed but if they can time the attack right they can counter the attacker and reduce there speed to 0.

This would obviously be an advanced Taijutsu skill.

From there I would also like to suggest a  camera mode that moves to a system simaler to a live motion fighting game like DOA but with out the pause feature... Real time, when both people in the combat range are moving 0 kph.
If you move out of the combat range the camera will revert back to normal 3rd person.
I would also like to point out that this is only for the Taijutsu and Bukijutsu users. If you have not trained this skills... You will not get the hard lock so you will still only get a soft lock on the Taijutsu user and will have to fight with that handicap.

This is a very good idea, I especially like this

"At a 60 kph that meens the target is only in this range for a max .01 sec".

But rather than having it as a skill tree, I think it would be better if it applied to every jutsu.

For example, you have to have x amount of experience in a certain Taijutsu combo to have a hard lock.
If you learn a new Taijutsu move, the hard lock will not transfer, you will have to train in that particular combo to achieve a hard lock.

Taijutsu combo A -> Requires 5000 experience for Soft Lock and 7500 experience for Hard Lock
Taijutsu combo B -> Requires 9000 experience for Soft Lock and 15000 for Hard Lock
Taijutsu combo C -> Requires 1500 experience for Soft Lock and 5000 for Hard Lock

NOTE: THE EXPERIENCE IS NOT INTERCHANGEABLE. EXPERIENCE IN COMBO A IS FOR COMBO A ALONE. If you have a Hard Lock in Combo B, that does not mean you will have a Soft/Hard Lock in Combo C.

When a jutsu is learnt, experience will start from 0 in THAT specific jutsu.

This will be far more realistic than letting any skilled user Taijutsu Hard Lock with a new jutsu instantaneously.

The numbers are for demonstration purpose only. I have no idea how experience will work in terms of jutsu, let alone if there will be one.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 17:26:41 »
Manu I think you miss the point... The hard lock happens as a skill because some combos that kick players in the air and throw them around would be impossible with out the hard lock. There would be no way you could complet the combo to get the Experiance you need to make it a hard lock.

The way I have it there are 2 conditions that must be met to get this hard lock

One the player must be in range and 2 it can only happen if you are being attacked.

This makes movement skills and evation important skills for taijutsus users to master. If you could run up to anyone and lock on to them and there's no way to evade it then if they don't block in time there screwed. And that is just OP.

Taijutsu I think should be effected by player stats when it comes to power of the attack

The speed of the Jutsu how fast it is done is what training the Jutsu should get you.. So if each punch and kick takes 1 second to complete if you train it to the max the hits all happen faster up to as fast as you can press the keys.