Forum > 3D Modeling

NG's models

(1/1)

NinjaGasher13:
Here are some models I made in Blender,please lend suggestions and tips :)

Old Knife

Attempted to make

Lumen:
If I'd have to be blunt, I'd say that most of these are absolutely abysmal, but I wont. I'm sure that you're new to it all and just want to grab a bit of insight. What I will say is that you've done

better than any of my first attempts.

You seem more interested in weaponry than organics or just general characters, so what I can recommend is that you get a good grasp on the basic shape before you hit things with detailing.

Since you're so low in polygon count and new to the area, I'd also recommend learning to use photo-editing software to create desired looks for your props/items. You must give them

characteristics so that they don't become the same bland and reused model of repetition. I also DO NOT recommend using any kind of CPU renders for it's mostly not a factor in game development.

If you're not doing this for game development, be my guest, but it's still recommend to give just a flat image with wireframe. A lot of your swords also have extremely thick hilts. That's a big issue

for that'd actually imbalance a person. Don't use smoothing either unless you have an understanding of how topology works. Your big bulbous guy lacks nearly any support in form. Maybe you

should look more into your program a bit or look around forums on the topic "Polycount - Creased Edges" if you're going to attempt anything like that in the future.   

NinjaGasher13:
alright thanks for the help :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version