Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64469
Latest: synthroid brand 88 mcg
New This Month: 338
New This Week: 14
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 76872
Total Topics: 22409
Most Online Today: 1299
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1157
Total: 1175
Vikirpx
Victorjfo
Bogdannbw
Google (AdSense)
Google (13)
Baidu

Author Topic: Fuinjutsu suggestions and discussion  (Read 19446 times)

Offline Manuster

Re: Fuinjutsu suggestions and discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 15:32:27 »
Okay yes, but it can turn out to become too overpowered really quickly.

Example: Combat scroll-

Slot1: Wind jutsu
Slot2: Fire jutsu
Slot3: Secondary Scroll
Slot4: Earth jutsu
Slot5: Water jutsu

Secondary scroll = first.

Rinse and repeat until your enemies lay waste.

What??? An individual will only ever have one chakra nature. Carrying around these scrolls are pointless.

If you're suggesting sealing actual jutsus in scrolls - as opposed to the handsigns required to learn it- then I have to say that it's ridiculously unfair.

RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 15:54:59 »

What??? An individual will only ever have one chakra nature. Carrying around these scrolls are pointless.

If you're suggesting sealing actual jutsus in scrolls - as opposed to the handsigns required to learn it- then I have to say that it's ridiculously unfair.

And yet this is exactly what jiraiya did with the amaturasu black flame...

This agin is why Fuinjutsu needs boundaries.
 Think about this but Chakra blade Claymore
With the sealing formula for sealing chakra  foraged into the blade. It's the perficet  offense of an defense of weapon agents a long range ninjutsu user. Any chakra based attack would get sealed and the released right back at them... The formula would weeken the blade making it unless in a duel, but still would be logical use of the chakra blade Fuinjutsu combo
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 20:33:49 by cmsurfer »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 22:32:02 »

And yet this is exactly what jiraiya did with the amaturasu black flame...

This agin is why Fuinjutsu needs boundaries.
 Think about this but Chakra blade Claymore
With the sealing formula for sealing chakra  foraged into the blade. It's the perficet  offense of an defense of weapon agents a long range ninjutsu user. Any chakra based attack would get sealed and the released right back at them... The formula would weeken the blade making it unless in a duel, but still would be logical use of the chakra blade Fuinjutsu combo

welp...totally didn't know he did that...

But maybe there should be the possibility of sealing jutsu into scrolls but not being able to release them?

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 04:46:58 »

But maybe there should be the possibility of sealing jutsu into scrolls but not being able to release them?

Hmm then I'd suggest a fuuinjutsu that requires a scroll beforehand, binding the scroll to that jutsu. Using the jutsu will form a small AoE barrier that will absorb the jutsu (like the robot-like Pain path).

Seems balanced enough and offers a more defensive playstyle.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Manuster

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 11:20:05 »

Hmm then I'd suggest a fuuinjutsu that requires a scroll beforehand, binding the scroll to that jutsu. Using the jutsu will form a small AoE barrier that will absorb the jutsu (like the robot-like Pain path).

Makes sense, good idea too.

It would also encourage people to be secret about some of their jutsu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 13:14:40 »

Agreed so only in scrolls and can't be released!!

Where do you stand on then using the sealed scroll to make a teachable vesion of the Jutsu sealed. Your basicly recording the effects and chakra that person posesses. All it would take is alittle reverse  engineering of that Jutsu to known how it was performed. Obviously higher level Jutsu would require a higher level of skill in this department but I think it would make people more carful with the Jutsu they use and also boost the economy and ad. New way to get other Jutsu's.

Of course if it's a Jutsu like shadow stitching or some higher level Jutsu in a chain of Jutsu you would still need to learn the required Jutsu first before you can use the one you sealed. So it would not be like you can learn it right away.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 13:18:15 by cmsurfer »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 21:08:22 »
I was thinking about that recently cm xD I just didnt know how to implement it fairly

What you said about the user having to know the jutsu before being able to record it on a scroll is good. It also prevents any Fuuinjutsu user from being able to copy all jutsu. This gives Fuuinjutsu another tactical advantage...

+rep once my hour is up

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 22:47:42 »
---
What you said about the user having to know the jutsu before being able to record it on a scroll is good. It also prevents any Fuuinjutsu user from being able to copy all jutsu. This gives Fuuinjutsu another tactical advantage...

+rep once my hour is up

----

Of course if it's a Jutsu like shadow stitching or some higher level Jutsu in a chain of Jutsu you would still need to learn the required Jutsu first before you can use the one you sealed. So it would not be like you can learn it right away.

@Manuster
Correcting your statement here. CM implies you can seal the jutsu used against you... But you cannot use them if you do not have the required skills. You could, however, sell them or give them to your squad you're with. (#supportTeamPlay)

I was implying something else though:

Perform a seal into the scroll that when used, gives an AoE effect that absorbs the chakra of the jutsu, thus negating the damage (but not the jutsu). Scroll can be reused. User cannot move for the duration of the jutsu. If hit with jutsu, will absorb an X% of the original chakra cost of the jutsu.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Offline Manuster

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 23:01:19 »
xDDD aaaah completely my bad

In that case I'd like to suggest that a user can seal away a jutsu used against them. (with the exception of tai and genjutsu???)

but the jutsu doesnt become a scroll from which it can be learnt unless the user knows the jutsu

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 07:09:27 »
Sealing taijutsu? Lol rip a mans arm off and put it in a scroll. Itadakimasu! ^^

Jk jk but yeah no gen/tai sealings.

Offline Rapho

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 11:09:15 »
Sealing taijutsu? Lol rip a mans arm off and put it in a scroll. Itadakimasu! ^^

Sealing someone's arms? Isn't that what the third hokage did to Orochimaru?
I'd definitely find it interesting if you could seal someone's limbs for a short amount of time, that way people who are bad at taijutsu could give themselves an advantage.

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 12:10:44 »
I think we were talking about sealing a technique, not a limb. I already suggested such a technique (sealing limbs) in the jutsu creation topic. ^^

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 14:43:16 »

Sealing someone's arms? Isn't that what the third hokage did to Orochimaru?
I'd definitely find it interesting if you could seal someone's limbs for a short amount of time, that way people who are bad at taijutsu could give themselves an advantage.

Not Realy... The reaper death seal is  capable of braking chakra in to the yin and yang. Yang chakra is the life force of the being. Yin chakra is the vessel for that life force. Orochemaru's Jutsu  allows him to slip his Yang chakra in to other body's and then absorbe and  manipulate  hosts yang chakra as his own. By sealing the yang chakra  Governing control of his arms, the reaper death seal basicly stole that part of the hosts yang chakra.
This works for story telling prepress in an anima but for a game it would be kinda OP. And any kind of nerf to this would just seem...like we were copying something in a week or poor manner. Also use of this Jutsu results in the casters own death So in a game... Not a lot of use for that.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 17:40:23 »
I think we were talking about sealing a technique, not a limb. I already suggested such a technique (sealing limbs) in the jutsu creation topic. ^^

Was that under Genjutsu or Fuuinjutsu?

Because a while back I added a taijutsu that makes the user incapable of using certain limbs for a while

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 18:10:55 »
@Manuster Fuuinjutsu. It was more of a debuff, giving the target less mobility/attack speed etc.