Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64326
Latest: where can i order valtrex
New This Month: 195
New This Week: 31
New Today: 18
Stats
Total Posts: 75334
Total Topics: 21311
Most Online Today: 928
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 775
Total: 788

Poll

What do clans, orgs and villages mean for you in SLO? Which do you think is most important?

Clan over all! Clans mean family to me and they are the most important
2 (10.5%)
Organization over all! Once i'm in the org, i must obey it's rule and follow its mentality and goals to the end!
1 (5.3%)
Village over all! Its my homeland, and I must protect it. Clan and organization come after.
2 (10.5%)
Whatever, i'm just a rogue that cares only for myself.
0 (0%)
I dont know.
1 (5.3%)
Friends over all! I will protect them with my life.
13 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: October 29, 2016, 19:06:58

Author Topic: What do clans and organisations mean to you guys?  (Read 9026 times)

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Re: What do clans and organisations mean to you guys?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 07:09:02 »
Your organization is where you meet like minded people and they will be the ones who you are with most of the time, But my clan and the people in that clan still mean a lot to me, like a whole lot

I mean after i took over Himitsu, it just grew on me, even if at one point i was the only active Himitsu member to make it something. To make the name something special again. I've grown to love the clan and everything it stands for, as well as the members. Likewise with Heathen

So i can't really decide haha
Well Taiga really summed it up for me cause although Roghunata is filled with some pretty messed up peeps -cough- Darth and a couple of people that make it feel like a political party those people make the project feel exciting and give me a sense of purpose. 

Yet compared to my dead clan Roghunata feels like heaven, but yet no matter what I can't turn away from Sanderaisu for some weird reason members come and go and heck I only have two discord members and my seldomly active (shout out to @Skilo, @TM_twister  and @ShadowSlayer woooh) their loyalty and desire to stay in a cemetery-like clan gives me more determination to make the Sanderaisu clan the face of the hidden shock.

Now for village, well its uhm shocking?
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 09:08:42 »
aight... since the friends over all options has been included... I'll take it :)

So its
Friends first. Because It is with them nakamas.. that I'll be spending most of my time with and will have memories with.
Next comes village. Cuz I'm a patriot... so do I want my character to be :) . And after all, the village gave us home (as per my clan's history) so Its our duty to protect it.
Then comes Organisation. Its this group of people which will help me achieve my goals.
And Finally comes clan. That doesn't means I'll pull off an Itachi on my clan.
After all...
It my family peeps...
Who are my first nakama,
The first villagers whom I came to know
and the first kind of organisation to which I was introduced to.
>;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:58:55 by Toratsume Nyshn »

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 11:02:14 »
Friends
Clan
Village
Organisation

Clan wouldn't be first because someone in your clan could be a complete douche and kill all your friends or something.
You can choose your friends, not your clanmates.

After friends it would be clan, then village, then organisation.

Village would be above organisation as organisations are for a common goal.
A village is a community you're a part of.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 00:08:35 »
Really depends on who you are I guess

Itachi chose the good of the village over his clan

Sakumo Hatake chose his Comrades over the village/mission

The Uchiha's chose their clan over the village

The akatsuki chose the org over everything else (Albeit they're rogues but still)

It all depends on what means more to you. If you're unsure, make up scenarios to try and figure out for yourself. If your organization wanted to assassinate a member of your clan, what would you do? If your clan attempts a coup on your village, what would you do?

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 04:09:01 »
Really depends on who you are I guess

Itachi chose the good of the village over his clan

Sakumo Hatake chose his Comrades over the village/mission

The Uchiha's chose their clan over the village

The akatsuki chose the org over everything else (Albeit they're rogues but still)

It all depends on what means more to you. If you're unsure, make up scenarios to try and figure out for yourself. If your organization wanted to assassinate a member of your clan, what would you do? If your clan attempts a coup on your village, what would you do?
If my org tried to assasinate one of my clansmen, and I agreed wit the motive, I would go with the org. If my clan staged a coup on the village, I would no matter what protect my village. And if my org decided to eradicate my clan, i would.... uh well.... idk.
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 15:23:02 »
There's going to be some contradicting shit in this game.For example,I just got done reading all the clan and org descriptions and I can see how interests and priorities might cross over each other.Take the Heathen org for example; I noticed there were an awful lot of Tsukegamis there,in an organization that is terribly neutral and gives out hits on other shinobi in SLO(including Kages) as it pleases them.The Tsukegami clan puts clan members over all according to their description and punishes offenders to this rule,as do many other clans while the Heathens put the org's loyalty over all else and punish betrayal with death,as do many other orgs. Now if the current Kage of Okagakure happens to be a Tsukegami and also a high ranking member in this clan,possibly their chief, what will the Tsukegami members of Heathen do if a hit was put out on their Kage by their Organisation? Clan/Village over all or Organisation over all? Either way, they become an enemy of one party in the end.How do you guys plan to deal with such situations?
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Malix

• Social Media Manager
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Malix has no influence.
  • I write stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 15:34:29 »
That's a great point and most likely sooner or later clans and orgs are going to have to do some purging or become more flexible in what they require out of their members.
  • Character Name: Keizo Akira

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2016, 15:52:09 »
@StriderOtaku I've thought about it before,  if it does happen, they'll either choose to kill a fellow Tsukegami or leave the org.
To avoid that, one could simply not join a clan, and just join an organization, or just join a clan.

In my organization, the members are devoted to the organization, not just a 'member'. If u get what I mean.

You could say I require much from my members already.

• Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2016, 16:30:51 »
To add on to that, with the new Kages, we see that all except for one (too lazy to look it up) remained in their organizations after gaining the position of leader of their village. This could really cause some major problems, as a kage might be influenced by their organization, or even manipulated by it if they are not its leader, and do something that is not in the villages' best interest. Imo, Kages should consider leaving their organization. Although i guess they shouldn't, at this point, because clans and orgs and villages mean nothing. Clans and orgs are after all just groups of friends for now.
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2016, 16:41:15 »
@StriderOtaku I've thought about it before,  if it does happen, they'll either choose to kill a fellow Tsukegami or leave the org.
To avoid that, one could simply not join a clan, and just join an organization, or just join a clan.

In my organization, the members are devoted to the organization, not just a 'member'. If u get what I mean.

You could say I require much from my members already.

I see.Well I agree with Lee that the game has perhaps not advanced enough for clear choices to be made and maybe by the time SLO will be launched completely as it should be most players would have set their priorities.I personally dont see a reason for a Kage to be in an Organisation like Heathen or katakiuchi as it would do more damage to their clans and villages but I can definitely picture a Kage being a high ranking member of Roguhanta.                                                                                     
So,maybe it'll all be cleared up later..I hope.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 16:43:03 by StriderOtaku »
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 16:51:46 »
To add on to that, with the new Kages, we see that all except for one (too lazy to look it up) remained in their organizations after gaining the position of leader of their village. This could really cause some major problems, as a kage might be influenced by their organization, or even manipulated by it if they are not its leader, and do something that is not in the villages' best interest. Imo, Kages should consider leaving their organization. Although i guess they shouldn't, at this point, because clans and orgs and villages mean nothing. Clans and orgs are after all just groups of friends for now.
For me this wouldn't be problem.
Roguhanta captures rogues.
I protect the Thunder village as kage against??? Rogues.

That is why i wouldn't have to abandon my Organization.
As it does not interfere with my goals nor the village goals.

(It was Ken who left his org because he was in the biggest Rogue org)
Kage+Rogue don't fit.

@StriderOtaku You already made my point haha.
As for the other Kages i have no idea how they are going to deal with this.
As for the contradicting part, they are going to have to make changes then.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 18:04:31 »
Same.
I have no problem with conflicting interests.
Roguhanta protects stuff against Rogues.
I'm in charge of the Roguhanta department in Dust.
I'm Dust Kage.

So besides having to send my shinobi out on missions I'll have a special Roguhanta hour in which roguhanta members will accept missions from me or go on missions with me.

Same for the clan. Sabaku's completely devoted to the Dust Village. My biggest allegiance is that to the Village, but friends are more important ;)

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!