Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64063
Latest: Vikiijo
New This Month: 4156
New This Week: 122
New Today: 29
Stats
Total Posts: 73878
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 759
Total: 774
Vikiijo
Ernestfep
titlesuitsai
Seo-Ul-nor
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: (New players click here) Ways to reduce lagg.  (Read 4698 times)

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Suroshi has no influence.
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
(New players click here) Ways to reduce lagg.
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:05:16 »
So this post is for newer players who lagg, if you are not new and do not lagg this post is not for you.. Here are a few ways I've learned to reduce the lagg on a low end computer. I've met a few new guys who dont know so...

1.Change your priority to high..This can be done in task manager by right clicking SLO in processes than going to Details than change the priority to high. (If you have trouble search it on youtube.)

2. when you first log into SLO its a good idea to type out /setGraphics Fastest

3. After you change your graphics setting if you are not getting the performance desired type out /setUISize 0.5 - 0.8 work well depending on your screen size adjust as needed..
               You can change all your settings in game by pressing M.

4. use /disableweathereffects

These are four easy ways to help boost your gameplay performance these tips have helped me and I hope they are able to help you.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:10:28 by Suroshi »

• Character Name: Suroshi

Offline DrSuhi

Re: Ways to reduce lagg.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 07:05:50 »
4. use /disableweathereffects it reduces lag when it's raining or snowing
  • Character Name: Satoru Nii

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 07:38:47 »
Playing on a smaller window (windowed), also affects fps positively.

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 08:19:23 »
I forgot about disable weather effects its been added.

Offline HiChikara

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HiChikara has no influence.
  • I'm going to be one of the top!! Believe it! :3
    • View Profile
  • Organization: HEIZUGAKURE
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 13:11:22 »
/unlockfps it removes the cap of max fps 60. I'm not entirely sure if that helps as I get 60fps, but maybe it's worth a try.

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:28:42 »
I use UnlockFPS aswell but if it does help its not by much. Thats why I added pressing M to see all the settings so people can adjust whats right for them

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 12:42:09 »
If anyone else discovers other ways please list them.

Offline Jamezoar

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jamezoar has no influence.
  • co-cane ruin your brane, ay.
    • View Profile
Re: (New players click here) Ways to reduce lagg.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 15:08:13 »
*The reason you lag could be anything, you should try everything listed below
ULTIMATE guide to reducing the lagg

*Pro tip: Start by reducing EVERYTHING (in settings and optimizations).. and slowly start moving up until comfortable (the fps you're ok with)

Game Settings:  >> ON THE LAUNCHER
→1. Reduce Video Resolution: I recommend 640x480 at LEAST if you're on a laptop or small monitor (e.g 1280x1024)
*Going windowed mode MIGHT help.. but the change (1-3 fps increase) will NOT be worth it

→2. Simplest Step in this guide >> Toggle the "Graphics Quality" to "Fastest" (You can later change this in-game)

→3. After opening the Launcher.. Open Task Manager >> Right-Click SLO.exe >> Set Priority >> High
*This is a less Frequent Suggestion and Fix for games Since it's less likely to make a difference Especially in "Shinobi Life Online"

→4. You can TRY playing on multiple monitors >> If you COULD AFFORD multiple monitors then it shouldn't lag (assuming you could then afford a better computer) it shouldn't lag... UNLESS... ↓↓↓↓

Computer Settings
→1. Open Task manager > Click on the "CPU Usage" tab {If it isn't there, Look up for View > Select Columns} > check what's taking all your CPU power, it could be anything like the SVHOST bug (takes over 80% for no reason)
*After Identifying the process that MIGHT be killing your CPU, search about it and Try Fixing it Before you delete it (Right Click > Open File Location)

→2. Click the Start Button > Search "msconfig" *you will need to configure 3 things over here*
A. Boot > Advanced Options > Toggle the highest number in the "Number of Processors" option

B. Services > tick the "Hide all Microsoft services" option > Disable all (Unless you wanted something from the listed programs) DO NOT Disable A display Driver Service IF listed any

C. Startup > Disable all (Unless you wanted something from the listed programs)
*Obviously after Closing "msconfig" don't restart yet

→3. ONLY IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 4GB OF RAM ↓↓↓↓↓
*. Click the Start Button > search for "View Advanced System Settings" > Click on the "Advanced" tab > Click on "Settings" in the "Performance" area > Adjust for Best Performance > Welcome to Potato Land
*Don't restart Yet

→4. Open Task manager > Click on the "Memory" tab > check what's taking all your Ram, it could be anything like the explorer.exe bug (takes over 90% for no reason)
*After Identifying the process that MIGHT be killing your RAM, search about it and Try Fixing it Before you delete it (Right Click > Open File Location)

*UNCOMMON CASE: IF YOU HAPPENED TO HAVE RECENTLY INSTALLED A NEW WINDOWS OR SOMETHING AND LACK THE BASIC GAMING SOFTWARE COMPONENTS LIKE DIRECTX AND .NET FRAMEWORK, THEN SCOUT THEM OUT AND DOWNLOAD THEM, I don't suggest this.. but it's much faster.. (thepiratebay.org)  ;D

Graphics Card Settings
Whether it be Nvidia™, Amd™, Your Girlfriends Laptop™ .. You Probably have the Graphics Cards Control Panel.. *YOU NEED TO HAVE THE GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER INSTALLED.. Nvidia for example, Simply Right click on your Desktop and "NVIDIA Control Panel".. AMD has its catalyst.. and Intel's Control Panel
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE OPENING YOUR CONTROL PANEL PRESS CTRL + F RRRIGHT NOW.. and type in "sable A dis" >>>> RESTART AFTER ENABLE THE SERVICE IN MSCONFIG

*I'll take the NVIDIA graphics card control panel for example since it's the most popular
→*. Right Click Desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel > On the left Under "3D Settings" Click "Manage 3D Settings" > Change the "Global Settings" ORRR "Program Settings"(both if you're a Perfectionist) ACCORDINGLY:
https://imgur.com/a/hvfDJ
https://imgur.com/a/vcwdK
*I don't know how to do the [/ImgBullSHitThing]

AND FINALLY... YOU CAN RESTART... unless.. you already did.. to open the nvidia control panel (if it still didn't work, search for a solution)

Finally.. when you're back from rebooting.. to finish off with a little tweak..
Right click your Shinobi Life Online Shortcut on your Desktop >> Properties >> *PASTE THIS AFTER WHAT'S IN THE "TARGET" FIELD ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
"-LaunchNuclearAttackOnMyGrandmasHouse.exe" jk...
type this WITHOUT THE QUOTATION marks.. " -force-d3d9 "

THAT.. will not ONLY blow up your grandmas house.. it will also force enable DirectX9 (Games Normally work using DirectX11)..
*NOTE: If that made your game slower.. remove it

I hope This post gets Pinned.. Users Going through the forums really fast Might miss this..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 15:11:17 by Jamezoar »
  • Character Name: Jamezoar