Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 687
Total: 697
travemunc
Google (8)
Baidu

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 516401 times)

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
Re: General disscusion
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2016, 15:15:58 »
Sorry again,i was in a rush and didnt notice that i was double posting(or quoting myself).
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2016, 15:36:31 »
Tameshi Hinode was summoned!

About the kunai thing.....i dont know why we even need to talk about that,its a weapon that even complete newbies have easy access to.
You invest months into your character,you train him,you get better items,and then you still take the same damage as a newbie from a kunai.
It might be realistic,but its a game,we shouldnt forget that.
Its not reality.
If it would be a online shooter,not a mmo,we could make it very realistic,with perma death,1-shots from kunais....but its not.
And its obviously not a anime,its just inspired by one.
Ofcourse,you shouldnt be able to take 100 kunais before you die,but a few more kunai attacks,why not?
Its not realisitc but it goes well with the concept of a mmorpg.

About the female character:
Seems a missed out on that.
I dont really judge someone for playing a female character as a guy,or a male character as a girl,but it feels odd somehow.
It feels odd from my point of view,because i tend to identify with the character i play.
Its not me and my character,its just me.
Some people would say,,i cant enter that dungeon,because my characters lvl is too low''.
I would say,,i cant enter the dungeon because MY lvl is too low''.
So,i cant play as a female because i wouldnt be able to identify with that character,since im a male.
Thats why its odd for me,to play a female character,but i also know that other people play ther character in a more,,casual''way and dont focus too much on immersion.
Ik, I think it's weird as well, and yeah, I think of my character as an extension of myself aswell, but just saying how it would be more beneficial, seeing as the internet stores many idiots lel.

And true that about the Kunai thing.

P.S. you posted twice @Kai can you delete one of his posts?
Shiv for mod pls!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 15:43:01 by Sanji »
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2016, 17:43:29 »
@Shivraj  the only thing that made me think about bloodlines is that is canon to the
naruto universe- no one out side the hyuga clan was ever born with a byakugan same with sharingan or any kekkei genkai- if its not a bloodline trait i would recommend these special abilities be called something else to avoid this kind of confusion.
Those are Dojutsu, what we're talking about are Kekkei Genkai (excluding dojutsu) ofc, there still were many blood related kekkei genkai, but we're not going for that. We're making it more like different Chakra Releases, it's just that Kekkei Genkai is the closest thing to what we're going for, put 1 and 1 together, we get everyone saying Kekkei Genkai. But yeah, rare Chakra Releases.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2016, 20:53:23 »
its not just dojutsu though  kimimaro's skeleton is a clan bloodline ability, so is chojis akimichi clan expansion jutsu, the mind transfer jutsu is another,kurans crystal style is another, the crystal ice mirror technique that haku used these are all clan specific kekkei genkai jutsu and  abilities. im sure these are what you were talking about but almost every kekkei genkai was clan related if fact i can't think of one that wasn't.

the game is INSPIRED by naruto, im not saying that kekkei genkai in the game need to be clan related im just saying they need to be called something else to avoid this kind of confusion. this is rare chakra in japanese:
まれチャクラ
Mare chakura
or
legendary:
伝説の
Densetsu no

and on the kunai topic let me ask this one questions how many direct hits with a jutsu like chidori do you thing a person should be able to take?

i say 1 its a finishing move its was developed for assassinations, fights in this game should not take 10 min. this is not a naruto fighting console game
its not like wow were you have buffs and armor and gear and weapons to increase you health and fighting ability

if a fight lasts longer then 5 min its probably because someone is with you healing you and providing support! one on one fight will last 3 min tops and that's if both are really good at defensive jutsu, blocking and evasion.
taijutsu fights may take alittle longer depending on strength of the taijutsu
but i see taijutsu that can finish a player in one combo as well.
this is also why i think ninjutsu user should not have immobilizing genjutsu abilities. then again if im running around with a active substitution jutsu ready it would still be fine.

if im a new player on my own and some one activates chidori in front of me im using a substitution jutsu and a smoke bomb and getting the hell out of there!!!!

a kunai may not be exciting or look very flashy and scary but it can seriously mess you up so blocking and evasion is key training for all shinobi. this is why i think after 2 or 3 direct hits with a kunai you should be pretty low on heal if not died if they were lucky shots.

and everyone understands im not saying to implement this in the current build right!!! multiple shots with chidori is fine right now simply because your limited to attack and simple dogue effects right now!!! i don't believe that will be the case with the alpha versions. at least I HOPE IT WONT!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 23:06:40 by cmsurfer »

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2016, 23:16:31 »
its not just dojutsu though  kimimaro's skeleton is a clan bloodline ability, so is chojis akimichi clan expansion jutsu, the mind transfer jutsu is another,kurans crystal style is another, the crystal ice mirror technique that haku used these are all clan specific kekkei genkai jutsu and  abilities. im sure these are what you were talking about but almost every kekkei genkai was clan related if fact i can't think of one that wasn't.

the game is INSPIRED by naruto, im not saying that kekkei genkai in the game need to be clan related im just saying they need to be called something else to avoid this kind of confusion. this is rare chakra in japanese:
まれチャクラ
Mare chakura
or
legendary:
伝説の
Densetsu no

and on the kunai topic let me ask this one questions how many direct hits with a jutsu like chidori do you thing a person should be able to take?

i say 1 its a finishing move its was developed for assassinations, fights in this game should not take 10 min. this is not a naruto fighting console game
its not like wow were you have buffs and armor and gear and weapons to increase you health and fighting ability

if a fight lasts longer then 5 min its probably because someone is with you healing you and providing support! one on one fight will last 3 min tops and that's if both are really good at defensive jutsu, blocking and evasion.
taijutsu fights may take alittle longer depending on strength of the taijutsu
but i see taijutsu that can finish a player in one combo as well.
this is also why i think ninjutsu user should not have immobilizing genjutsu abilities. then again if im running around with a active substitution jutsu ready it would still be fine.

if im a new player on my own and some one activates chidori in front of me im using a substitution jutsu and a smoke bomb and getting the hell out of there!!!!

a kunai may not be exciting or look very flashy and scary but it can seriously mess you up so blocking and evasion is key training for all shinobi. this is why i think after 2 or 3 direct hits with a kunai you should be pretty low on heal if not died if they were lucky shots.

and everyone understands im not saying to implement this in the current build right!!! multiple shots with chidori is fine right now simply because your limited to attack and simple dogue effects right now!!! i don't believe that will be the case with the alpha versions. at least I HOPE IT WONT!!

Yes, I really hope that we can fight 3 minutes and that one of our characters die (or both)
That i've worked on for 8 months!
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2016, 23:17:50 »
You want jutsus like chidori,to be one hit kills,in a mmorpg with perma death.
I dont think we have to discuss this anymore.
To me it seems,like you are a fan of the anime,but not a experienced mmorpg player,so i wont take this any further.
I will just say that it wont work like that,for these reasons:
-Its a game,not reality
-Its NOT the anime.
-Its not wow but its still a mmorpg,not a shooter or brawler.
-It has perma death...getting months of work destroyed because of 1 single attack from a trol is insane,this isnt dayz,where you can casually select a server to play a little death match game with a few players.

By the way....you use a lot of,,!''.
Hard to tell sometimes,if you are angry or just energetic.
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2016, 00:40:15 »
You want jutsus like chidori,to be one hit kills,in a mmorpg with perma death.
I dont think we have to discuss this anymore.
To me it seems,like you are a fan of the anime,but not a experienced mmorpg player,so i wont take this any further.
I will just say that it wont work like that,for these reasons:
-Its a game,not reality
-Its NOT the anime.
-Its not wow but its still a mmorpg,not a shooter or brawler.
-It has perma death...getting months of work destroyed because of 1 single attack from a trol is insane,this isnt dayz,where you can casually select a server to play a little death match game with a few players.

By the way....you use a lot of,,!''.
Hard to tell sometimes,if you are angry or just energetic.
I've always wanted to say this, but have never been able to put it into words. +rep
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2016, 02:36:05 »
@Tameshi Hinode every mmoropg i have ever played has never cried about realizem!

i may be the only one that is thinking this way i don't know but in a game with medical ninja i don't see why there is all this fuss about perma death unless you play recklessly then i could see you getting upset but in my opinion  this game should not be just about mastering ninjutsu, taijutsu or genjutsu it should be about strategy in battle too.

@Reminance i would hope if you worked that long and were about to loose in a permadeath zone you would have the presence of mind to retreat from battle but i don't know maybe that thought never occurred to anyone

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:44:01 by cmsurfer »

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2016, 05:51:02 »
@Tameshi Hinode every mmoropg i have ever played has never cried about realizem!

i may be the only one that is thinking this way i don't know but in a game with medical ninja i don't see why there is all this fuss about perma death unless you play recklessly then i could see you getting upset but in my opinion  this game should not be just about mastering ninjutsu, taijutsu or genjutsu it should be about strategy in battle too.

@Reminance i would hope if you worked that long and were about to loose in a permadeath zone you would have the presence of mind to retreat from battle but i don't know maybe that thought never occurred to anyone

if someone hits you somewhere vital using 2-3 Kunai in a Perma death zone, you would, from your point of view, Die. After that the guy would get the option to either kill you or spare you, he kills you, what was the medic able to do? That's right, there are ninja tools that fire multiple kunai.... Like the balloon thing, imagine, some throws that towards you in a perma death zone, it floats for a second, then explodes, and you get hit by 4-5 Kunai, out of which, 2 hit vital spots, you would instantly die.... While that MAY be realistic, it's not fair, and we cannot make it so newbs can just go to perma death zones and kill Jonins just by throwing Kunai Balloons near them when they're not seeing. The medic can't do shit if it instantly kills you.

Retreating from battle DID occur to us, but when you're in combat, you are a bit slower, and guess what, the person can just follow you, plus, there are Jutsu which stun, sooo, yeah.... Not really easy to run away from a battle, especially when you're fighting a Kunai sniper xP with Kunai that hurt like chidoris.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2016, 08:04:32 »
I've got an idea!
What if there was a possibility of slipping while running. It happens to all in real life, especially if they are running.
So, when you start running, at each step, the program would calculate the chances of trip/slip, let's say 1 in 10.000 steps, if it happens then well... because of the high speed you have high chances of dying....

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2016, 08:06:05 »
I've got an idea!
What if there was a possibility of slipping while running. It happens to all in real life, especially if they are running.
So, when you start running, at each step, the program would calculate the chances of trip/slip, let's say 1 in 10.000 steps, if it happens then well... because of the high speed you have high chances of dying....
u know that will be hard af to make.
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2016, 08:15:06 »
Also, a chance to get drown with the food while eating, when you eat to recover health or energy. Oh and while you speak on chat too, you may get drawn with saliva. Or maybe, at times, people will randomly catch a cold, sometimes fatal. Oh oh, I know! People MUST have a chance to die while going to the toilet. You know characters may be very constipated because of rice, because of their easily superhuman strength they will strain so hard with such strength that their intestine will crack and the fecal matter will be spread all inside them leading to death.

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2016, 10:44:00 »
dat sarcasm
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2016, 11:51:22 »
Lmao, first time I've seen sarcastic Konohuro xD but yeah, cmsurfer, let's add all those mechanics as well, hmm?

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2016, 12:09:08 »
@Konohuro such sarcasm i love it ^^