Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73891
Total Topics: 20763
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 764
Total: 774
GeorgeCycle
Antoniotpo
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Izumi Kitsune no Sabaku  (Read 23530 times)

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Re: Izumi Amigake
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 00:01:55 »
Beautiful post, the layout is great and the character is simple enough that it doesn't bore me to read it; but detailed enough to give a good overview of what he's about. Keep up the good work lad

One thing that bothers me about SLO character creation (this isn't solely you or your fault at all, Rapho)  is the 'Intelligence' stat. There really isn't a way to measure this in game other than the players intelligence, which can't be changed by putting points into it, etc. A lot of us have been guilty of this, including myself, but it just doesn't seem like a valid stat to put on your character. You can shape how your character turns out by training your chakra or strength, but your character can't be any smarter than you are.
I was kinda thinking the same thing about the intelligence when I looked at all these characters.
I guess it'll come down to role playing your character accordingly, I mean it is an rpg after all. That's how I see it.
I can see roleplaying someone less intelligent, as manuster clearly shows, But I don't see how you can rp as more intelligent.
Pfft, I fake smart all the time and it works. Its not like there will be exams you'll have to take with a report card sent out to everyone. It's just how your character behaves and carries themselves, the only place this won't work so well is in battle with regards to tactics and the like but even that knowledge can be faked to an extent.
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline Manuster

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 18:58:00 »
Beautiful post, the layout is great and the character is simple enough that it doesn't bore me to read it; but detailed enough to give a good overview of what he's about. Keep up the good work lad

One thing that bothers me about SLO character creation (this isn't solely you or your fault at all, Rapho)  is the 'Intelligence' stat. There really isn't a way to measure this in game other than the players intelligence, which can't be changed by putting points into it, etc. A lot of us have been guilty of this, including myself, but it just doesn't seem like a valid stat to put on your character. You can shape how your character turns out by training your chakra or strength, but your character can't be any smarter than you are.
I was kinda thinking the same thing about the intelligence when I looked at all these characters.
I guess it'll come down to role playing your character accordingly, I mean it is an rpg after all. That's how I see it.
I can see roleplaying someone less intelligent, as manuster clearly shows, But I don't see how you can rp as more intelligent.

hardiharhar yu tink your fanny dant ya

doo i luk stoopeed too Yu
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2016, 20:18:51 »

Pfft, I fake smart all the time and it works. Its not like there will be exams you'll have to take with a report card sent out to everyone. It's just how your character behaves and carries themselves, the only place this won't work so well is in battle with regards to tactics and the like but even that knowledge can be faked to an extent.
I agree with @Zama, you can fake interagence untill you have to prove it... But I disagree with the tactics part... If you try and fake this against some one how ACTUALY has a plan... Your failures will become clear very quickly. No game can show this better then  Shogi or chess
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 20:20:31 by cmsurfer »

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 11:07:42 »

I agree with @Zama, you can fake interagence untill you have to prove it... But I disagree with the tactics part... If you try and fake this against some one how ACTUALY has a plan... Your failures will become clear very quickly. No game can show this better then  Shogi or chess
Well, Zama did add "can be faked to an extent".
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Gaara Kasai

• Academy Student Poster
  • Gaara Kasai has no influence.
  • How about a firefight?
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart.com
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2016, 20:52:42 »
Nice character, I hope to see more of him!
  • Character Name: Gaara Tsukegami

Offline Rapho

Re: Izumi
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 23:22:40 »
Update:

-New history written by @America
-Minor changes in appearance

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 04:32:24 »
welp... its america after all :P
loved the lore and art too!
Gj both of you :)

Offline taigakun

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 08:16:10 »
This looks hella nice Rapho.
And probs to America for the story.
Gjgj

Offline CaioDarT

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • CaioDarT has no influence.
  • Zero Reiends Frere Heal
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

• Organization: RoguhantaBlackbox
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 10:44:02 »
Good job! The Character imgs are looking really great.
Also congratz America for the elaborated story

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 12:11:34 »
Simple and concise history. Very nice.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us