Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64416
Latest: Marinamsl
New This Month: 285
New This Week: 46
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 76109
Total Topics: 21819
Most Online Today: 1390
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1287
Total: 1303

Author Topic: VILLAGE LIBRARY- DEWEY DECIMAL SYSTEM.  (Read 2372 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

VILLAGE LIBRARY- DEWEY DECIMAL SYSTEM.
« on: April 03, 2016, 21:48:13 »
So if anyone doesn't know in the Q & A on the 4/2 there was a mention of a village library were common jutsu scrolls will
be available to academy students and graduates.

This spiraled a storm of ideas that I think would be amazing for the game and i invite any other ideas to be added to this.

So the first thing i got from this was a way to organize the jutsu in the library so you could find the scrolls you are researching.
so entered the DEWEY DECIMAL Idea.
Each jutsu in the game could be assigned a number based on General categories and narrowed down by chakra nature targeting type and  damage type/effect.
So for a jutsu like flamethrower
IT's a ninjutsu so its in 1000
its a fire nature so its 1100
its a cone area targeting so its 1130
and its a DOT damage so its 1135
This is not to say that only flamethrower will have this number other ninjutsu with the same nature cone shape and damage effect will have the same reference number its only to identify it as that jutsu type.
In this way all you need is a UI in a instanced building that lets you search for the exact jutsu type you are looking to learn.

The next step is the scrolls must be in the library. basic jutsu that every nation will have will already be in the library but what about more advanced and specialized Jutsu. I propose a Librarian ninja as a village carrier and only people with this
carrier can add new jutsu scrolls to the libraire. Forbidden jutsu will obviously be excluded from this ability. this ninja will receive a salary for searching the world for new jutsu to add to the libraire. They must find it, buy it, steal it, and maybe- eventually in the very long run in future expansions- maybe even make them.

Rogue ninja will be excluded from getting into the library so they will likely not want to give up scrolls they have found or have learned. This will create conflict between librarian and rogue ninja- likewise rogue ninja will likely learn all they can from the library before they go rogue creating the need to hunt down rogue ninja to protect jutsu your village have hunted down and added to there  library falling in to the hands of other villages.

Libraries will also now be a major target for wars if you capture the library for a given amount of time during the war( king of the hill type ) you can choose a jutsu in the library as a reward that the all the participants in the war can learn.

Thoughts changes or Ideas??

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
Re: VILLAGE LIBRARY- DEWEY DECIMAL SYSTEM.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 23:31:00 »
Rogue ninja should be able to break in, get dem scroll, and get out. And aren't the jutsu supposed to be learned through a skill tree? The reference number thing is pretty neat though, and the war would make for a nice monthly event if it weren't for the jutsus being learned through a skill tree.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 02:43:55 »
Rogue ninja should be able to break in, get dem scroll, and get out. And aren't the jutsu supposed to be learned through a skill tree? The reference number thing is pretty neat though, and the war would make for a nice monthly event if it weren't for the jutsus being learned through a skill tree.
Things change. I don't think it is done by skill tree anymore. I could be wrong, however, I believe the Q&A Stream said otherwise but.. *Shrug*
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 07:00:06 »
Once you learn a jutsu it becomes part of your skill tree, but the actual learning part has to be done through a physical justu scroll.
  • Character Name: Vuregu