Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64601
Latest: Evazle
New This Month: 122
New This Week: 53
New Today: 18
Stats
Total Posts: 78154
Total Topics: 23446
Most Online Today: 1179
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 998
Total: 1003
Google (5)

Author Topic: Traps  (Read 6764 times)

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
Re: Traps
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 00:18:36 »
@Reminance @Leebz @Shivraj WHY DON'T YOU GUYS CHECK TRAPS #2
1. I said in chat I saw it already
2. The fact you made 'Trap #2' was pointless. Learn to use the edit button
3. Stop asking and begging people to check it out, it's frustrating like Rayzote said
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 00:26:52 »
Reading Private Messages, so wrong if you ask me lol.

So what you're saying is that GMs shouldn't be able to monitor a chat system built into a game they're supposed to... monitor? Odd.
I see nothing wrong with GMs reading through PMs to check for anything prohibited. It'd honestly be stupid -NOT- to. If they were to not monitor it then Vreg'd literally be giving them a secure line to do chat about/do prohibited things.

They're suppose to monitor the public chat, not the private chat! #PRIVATE  lol i really don't get how you're saying that.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 01:28:12 »
What you're saying is just illogical, it honestly is. PMs are intended for you to speak to someone without allowing other players to read what has been typed. Put to a bigger scale, what you're saying would be the same as saying "It's wrong for the government to monitor the internet!" Why do they monitor the internet? To catch people doing illegal things.

#PRIVATE doesn't exist, and it frankly doesn't matter. A GM will be doing his/her job when they read PMs, not caring about what you and your friends are planning. Don't do/type anything suspicious and I doubt your PMs will even be reviewed.

This conversation is pointless seeing as Vreg has already confirmed giving GMs the power to monitor PMs. It -is- the only sensible route, so no surprise here.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Raenir has no influence.
  • Recruiting for Kurohasu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 02:03:02 »
I'm not taking sides in this PM argument, but I just have a question for rayzote. How often will people be private messaging something in an MMO, that they don't want someone to see? 9/10 private messages, I would assume anyways, are going to be in some form of fashion related to the game.
  • Character Name: Yoru Kusemono

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 04:10:09 »
What you're saying is just illogical, it honestly is. PMs are intended for you to speak to someone without allowing other players to read what has been typed. Put to a bigger scale, what you're saying would be the same as saying "It's wrong for the government to monitor the internet!" Why do they monitor the internet? To catch people doing illegal things.

#PRIVATE doesn't exist, and it frankly doesn't matter. A GM will be doing his/her job when they read PMs, not caring about what you and your friends are planning. Don't do/type anything suspicious and I doubt your PMs will even be reviewed.

This conversation is pointless seeing as Vreg has already confirmed giving GMs the power to monitor PMs. It -is- the only sensible route, so no surprise here.

Well, i don't think GMs are reading anyone's PMs, i guess the first have a reason to do so.
I posted that before we talked in the chatbox by the way.
I'm not taking sides in this PM argument, but I just have a question for rayzote. How often will people be private messaging something in an MMO, that they don't want someone to see? 9/10 private messages, I would assume anyways, are going to be in some form of fashion related to the game.

It's not about whether if i want someone to see it, but about being a Private Message, but i already discussed this.

This is a post about traps goddammit!! hahaha :P just kidding i started this and i end it.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 18:34:33 »
@Leebz lol who's begging, you're clearly hooked on this trap (which you said you don't like) so obviously i made a new one. Kmt
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 20:13:55 »
@Leebz lol who's begging, you're clearly hooked on this trap (which you said you don't like) so obviously i made a new one. Kmt
He's not begging, he's calling you a post-count whore who should learn to use the modify button.
He's not being unreasonable, you are.

And for the topic of GM's reading PM's, I support it. How are they meant to know if someone's just messaged their friend "Oh hey look at these new hacks I've got for SLO!".
I'm sure they won't abuse it, and they will only read it if there are certain words in the message like hack, cheat, bully etc.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode