Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64977
Latest: TiaBrown15
New This Month: 498
New This Week: 316
New Today: 146
Stats
Total Posts: 79351
Total Topics: 23785
Most Online Today: 1695
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 945
Total: 954

Author Topic: F2P+perma death= hackers  (Read 11470 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Amaterasu has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
F2P+perma death= hackers
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:32:25 »
Just about every popular game has had or still has hackers. If I spend a year on a character, only to have him permanently killed by someone who created an account in 5 minutes and used hacks, I would put my foot through my monitor. And probably never play again. I've seen free to play games where entire clans would have one serious gaming account and another on standby for hacking/glitching, and these games didn't have perma-death.
Also, couldn't perma-death be avoided if someone disconnects when they realize that there's no way they are going to survive the fight? They could pretty much 4th Hokage out of the battle whenever things become too serious.
I think that some characters will eventually need to be killed off so that they can't go around permanently killing newer players, but not until they've reached the lvl cap or have gotten to a certain percentage within it.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: F2P+perma death= hackers
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:48:45 »
So you want Pay2win instead?

They could pretty much 4th Hokage out of the battle whenever things become too serious.
Yeah because everyone'll be on Minato's level of skill so they'll be able to do that anytime no?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:54:30 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:41:24 »
People will not be as strong as madara/minato/naruto etc.

You can try to log off, shut down the computer, or cut the main power off.. but your character will stay online for 3 minutes.

We will make sure hacking is not possible. Worry not and try to read the forum more before making such topics.

Thank you,
Saitou.]
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • Amaterasu has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:29:07 »
Sorry, I didn't realize disconnecting was called combat logging. Didn't know it even had a name until I read that thread. But to go as far as to say your game will be hack proof is a stretch. Especially if it's as popular as needs to be to be successful. There's enough anti-naruto bastards out there who will probably do it for fun or make a YouTube video for other anti-naruto bastards. The same goes for glitching. Are you saying that your game will be glitch proof before it's release? Or even a year after? Why won't players be allowed to reach Madara and Minato status. I would love to see the reaction of a newb jumping in to see a Sage of the Six Paths creating moons lol

Offline The Seanson

• Academy Student Poster
  • The Seanson has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 20:54:33 »
Making a game "hack proof" in the sense of making it impossible to hack items into the game would be easy.  So long as the data is not stored on the client side and the database is kept updated to the latest safe version that should not be a problem.
Wall hacks, aimbots, crosshairs and extra GUI modifications should not cause too many problems in this sort of game.  These could also be prevented by pulling a Garry Newman by searching the task manager while you are playing and banning you if you have a certain process
(http://garry.tv/2012/04/27/cheaters-in-gmod/)
[Genuine Signature]

Offline Monk

• Academy Student Poster
  • Monk has no influence.
  • 3D Animator & Rigging Artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 22:06:32 »
Making a game "hack proof" in the sense of making it impossible to hack items into the game would be easy.  So long as the data is not stored on the client side and the database is kept updated to the latest safe version that should not be a problem.
Wall hacks, aimbots, crosshairs and extra GUI modifications should not cause too many problems in this sort of game.  These could also be prevented by pulling a Garry Newman by searching the task manager while you are playing and banning you if you have a certain process
(http://garry.tv/2012/04/27/cheaters-in-gmod/)

Exactly! Variables/information should be stored appropriately while also not placing too much server side. Through good networking code and testing, we'll be able begin the war on hackers.Well said Seanson.
Sado Hozuki - "The Wandering Monk"

Offline Yoshiro Ninja

• Academy Student Poster
  • Yoshiro Ninja has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 18:30:40 »
hacking ruins the point of the game if you wantto hack in this game u are merely a scrub this game is meant to play legit not to hack and troll. hope you guys get the best cheat engine of life!
  • Character Name: Takumo

Orginization: Katakiuchi

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 19:35:12 »
hacking ruins the point of the game if you wantto hack in this game u are merely a scrub this game is meant to play legit not to hack and troll. hope you guys get the best cheat engine of life!
Bro, calm down, you're acting as if hackers have already overran the game and have done all sorts to you. Just like other games, I am sure the staff of SLO will do everything to keep hacking to a minimum. If you feel they won't or can't then don't play this game but I, myself, have faith in the team.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 23:52:16 »
Also why are you bringing back a topic from like 8 months ago?
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)