Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64454
Latest: migSlope
New This Month: 323
New This Week: 84
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 76573
Total Topics: 22119
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1057
Total: 1066
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Poll

Good Idea?

Yes
1 (50%)
No
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: April 14, 2014, 20:45:29

Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 10235 times)

Offline Shiranui

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Shiranui has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
A Random Thought
« on: April 11, 2014, 20:41:41 »
The general direction that most mmorpg games go in tend to follow the same formula. Each character made is meant to be the hero, which just doesn't work in an mmo. We all have to accept the fact that we can't all be naruto. I have played so many mmo's that you find yourself queuing behind thousands of other players in order to kill the monster that is going to re-spawn in 30 seconds time. The feeling of being special just tends to wash away when these things happen in game, also tends to be when I begin to lose interest in it for the same reasons. If Shinobi Life Online is going to follow naruto ethos and especially the 'Simulation' aspect of the game then I propose adding a little randomness...hear me out. Excluding physical character creation, why not leave the nature affinity and chakra designation to chance? . No one is born being able to choose their nature affinity in naruto, they have to make do with what they have. But think of the challenge and possibilities. Lets just say that the game is programmed to randomly assign a kekkei genkai to a new character 1 in every 5000 for example, these lucky few would stand out allowing the few to feel special. But it would also pose the dilemma not to jump into every battle because you don't want to lose your rare character. I know that lots of people wont want this but I think it would be a unique twist that other mmo's lack

Offline Shiranui

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 20:49:42 »
I know that elements have been mentioned before, but I thought id throw it out there

Offline Shiranui

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 20:55:51 »
sorry if the creators are fed up of these sort of questions. Hard to know every topic that's been before

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 21:18:39 »
http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=305

Many of the things you've mentioned are already planned, people need to try read the FAQ before jumping into suggestions and questions. This is something that happens over and over again with new members.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 21:52:18 »
I'm sorry man but I can't agree with you when it comes to nature affinity. Vreg already said that the second nature affinity will be random, at least let the first one be selectable. I get all the simulation vibe, but still it's supposed to attract people not to get 'em frustrated because they can't get anything they want because of too much randomness. I wish all the new members would come with new suggestions, not trying to change what's already been planned. I mean for example I'd like both nature to be selectable since all of 'em will be equally strong and it's all just about preference, yet you don't see me making a topic trying to convince Vreg of giving us that (not that I'd have many chanses). If they are to make this game as you propose then why not making character creation random too cuz they don't get to chose the way they look in Naruto, or the gender. Now ask yourself would you like that? I feel the same about randomly chosing both our natures.
Nothing personal against you man, it's just that people should understand that this is not their single player game, so not everything they want is possible.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 21:59:51 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 22:16:19 »
I'm sorry man but I can't agree with you when it comes to nature affinity. Vreg already said that the second nature affinity will be random, at least let the first one be selectable. I get all the simulation vibe, but still it's supposed to attract people not to get 'em frustrated because they can't get anything they want because of too much randomness. I wish all the new members would come with new suggestions, not trying to change what's already been planned. I mean for example I'd like both nature to be selectable since all of 'em will be equally strong and it's all just about preference, yet you don't see me making a topic trying to convince Vreg of giving us that (not that I'd have many chanses). If they are to make this game as you propose then why not making character creation random too cuz they don't get to chose the way they look in Naruto, or the gender. Now ask yourself would you like that? I feel the same about randomly chosing both our natures.
Nothing personal against you man, it's just that people should understand that this is not their single player game, so not everything they want is possible.

Actually, I don't mind suggestions about changing existing stuff. I just don't like it when people come here and throw their suggestions/questions without browsing the forum first and taking a look at what's already planned/suggested/asked.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 22:27:35 »
so it's still first nature selectable an second nature random right ?
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 22:37:30 »
so it's still first nature selectable an second nature random right ?
Still is and will most probably stay that way.

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 00:31:07 »
They kinda answered it for ya but just to add detail (reason); you are allowed to pick your first Chakra nature because if you left it to chance, people would just keep re-creating their characters just to get the nature that they want. Allowing them to just go ahead and pick it cuts down on that. By the time you're able to even reach your second nature, you're way too invested to start all over for the chakra nature you want so that one is left to chance. I believe Vreg said your second nature would be determined at your character creation but wouldnt be revealed until you unlock it...

As far as kekkei genkai are concerned, that'll be random too. No one will get to pick or pay for any type of special abilities in the game. You're born (created) with it. However, You dont know you've got it until it unlocks at a much higher level. That's done for the same reason as above. You'll be too deep into your character's development to start all over just for another chance at a kekkei genkai and still end up with a regular ninja.

Check around the forum's a bit. There's even been discussions of being able to pass your kekkei genkai down to your "offspring". AKA the "special characters" every once in a while can generate a code that can be entered for someone else at character creation. This would give them about a 30% chance to develop the special ability too, but its still not guaranteed. This still keeps the number of "special people" low, but still allows characters to father or mother an entire clan of people with the same ability as them. 

Keep in mind, clans will be nothing more than what other MMOs would consider a guild. But this dynamic at least gives an opportunity for those who wanted to make their own kekkei genkai clans (similar to the ones like the Hyuuga's who are exclusive) to exist as well.

But yeah man. just poke around a bit and use that search bar.. this game will have some elements that will remind you of other MMOs, but it most definitely has enough going on to set itself apart for sure.

BTW, welcome to the forums.. :)
I'm "the guy who reached the green building first"

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 01:09:29 »
They kinda answered it for ya but just to add detail (reason); you are allowed to pick your first Chakra nature because if you left it to chance, people would just keep re-creating their characters just to get the nature that they want. Allowing them to just go ahead and pick it cuts down on that. By the time you're able to even reach your second nature, you're way too invested to start all over for the chakra nature you want so that one is left to chance. I believe Vreg said your second nature would be determined at your character creation but wouldnt be revealed until you unlock it...

As far as kekkei genkai are concerned, that'll be random too. No one will get to pick or pay for any type of special abilities in the game. You're born (created) with it. However, You dont know you've got it until it unlocks at a much higher level. That's done for the same reason as above. You'll be too deep into your character's development to start all over just for another chance at a kekkei genkai and still end up with a regular ninja.

Check around the forum's a bit. There's even been discussions of being able to pass your kekkei genkai down to your "offspring". AKA the "special characters" every once in a while can generate a code that can be entered for someone else at character creation. This would give them about a 30% chance to develop the special ability too, but its still not guaranteed. This still keeps the number of "special people" low, but still allows characters to father or mother an entire clan of people with the same ability as them. 

Keep in mind, clans will be nothing more than what other MMOs would consider a guild. But this dynamic at least gives an opportunity for those who wanted to make their own kekkei genkai clans (similar to the ones like the Hyuuga's who are exclusive) to exist as well.

But yeah man. just poke around a bit and use that search bar.. this game will have some elements that will remind you of other MMOs, but it most definitely has enough going on to set itself apart for sure.

BTW, welcome to the forums.. :)
I'm "the guy who reached the green building first"
I think you should join the team as a community manager Halika, you've been around here long enough and you could help the newcomers with their suggestions and questions as a senior member of the Shinobi Life Online Community. Send me a PM if you're interested.