Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64067
Latest: Miltonhic
New This Month: 4160
New This Week: 126
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 73920
Total Topics: 20768
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 586
Total: 598

Author Topic: Public Release: SLO Development Version 1.0.7.2  (Read 9293 times)

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Public Release: SLO Development Version 1.0.7.2
« on: May 06, 2015, 13:36:44 »
Greetings, Shinobis!

The SLO team would like to eagerly announce to all our patrons and members the official release of SLO Development Version 1.0.7.2. As of 06/05/15 the updates include the following:

•   Firefox and Unity Web Player –First, to run the game, SLO requires the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and Unity Web Player. This is due to Chrome dropping its support to NPAPI. Temporarily, the game is on a browser to avoid people downloading it on each updates. The game will eventually have a standalone soon.

•   New Environment – A new and improved environment where you can control your character - using the simple controls to move and practice your jutsus – and experience real gaming. The game environment simulates an evergreen forest with a dynamic weather system.

•   User Interface – From a simple chatbox which also provides information, our user interface now includes a mini-map that can be toggled on and off with ease; a logout toggle with a new look; and of course, the health and chakra bars.

•   Login System – As the first system our players interact with, our login system is given a novel appearance. It allows you to enter your username and password, or click on a link to register for an account. It also has a function to remember your username. 

•   Character Creation – The game now features a new section where you can assign a name to your character, and display the organization which you are affiliated to on the forum.

•   New Jutsu – An additional blow is given to all our players. A new jutsu is now being introduced. However, the seal combination is only to be disclosed to sennin donators and developers. Discovering it is left as a challenge to other members.

Should there be any bugs, please don’t hesitate to report it to the developers, moderators, or the administrator himself. Further developments and updates are guaranteed to be announced upon release. We would also be very glad to hear any feedbacks from your gaming experience. Ryokai!

The Shinobi Life Online Development Team.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 15:29:14 by Cedie »

• Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Yoshiro Ninja

• Academy Student Poster
  • Yoshiro Ninja has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Public Release: SLO Development Version 1.0.7.2
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 14:21:53 »
thank god finally gonna try out this new version now :D
  • Character Name: Takumo

Orginization: Katakiuchi

Offline Shintrixx

• Genin Poster
  • Shintrixx has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 14:31:04 »
The Patchnotes look good, i will try it out soon,  i will give a feedback

• Character Name: Ryoichi Yagami

Offline Shintrixx

• Genin Poster
  • Shintrixx has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 16:44:42 »
Ok here is my feedback,

• when i log in, my Clan name is Kami Hant?zu
  • the option button doesn't work
  • Character Name: Ryoichi Yagami

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 16:57:36 »
Ok here is my feedback,

• when i log in, my Clan name is Kami Hant?zu
  • the option button doesn't work
It probably has the question mark because it doesn't allow special characters.
Try adding a clan and it will put Kami as your org name instead.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 18:28:22 »
Not bugs:

- Options button does not work. No, it has not been made functional yet.
- I have a "?" in my character name and/or organization name. That is because special characters are currently not supported. Replace the special character in the aforementioned names with a regular ASCII character and you're good to go.
- Game does not load, crashes or loads incorrectly. This happens if you have an outdated version of Mozilla Firefox and/or Unity Web Player. Update both to their respective latest versions and everything will work like a charm. In case it still doesn't, report it as a bug.
- I have low FPS. Upgrade your computer hardware. You can also improve FPS by typing "/setGraphics Fastest" and by keeping the mini-map off.
- Game does not go above 60 FPS. That's normal, it's currently capped at 60 FPS, even the beastest of PCs will not run it above 60 FPS. 60 FPS is really the ideal for 99% of you out there who have a 60 Hz monitor (excluding those who have an advanced gaming monitor running at 120 Hz or 144 Hz, support for these refresh rates will be added in the future.)
- Game loads slow. I know, we have a cheap web server so it's natural for a 43 MB game to take a short while to load. It's nothing too bad though. And once you've loaded it once, it will stay cached and load almost instantly the next time, unless a new version is released. Keep in mind that we will be moving our web server to a VPS soon, which will speed up both the website and the loading of the game. If you combine our current cheap web server with a bad internet connection on your own side, loading times can build up.

Known bugs in 1.0.7.2 that will get fixed in 1.0.7.3:

- Freeze Tag: Team Battle automatic team assignment does not work.
- /commands and /controls tell you to scroll up using scroll-bars which upon decision of being redundant were removed from the chat. You can scroll up by dragging the chat down (or scroll down by dragging the chat up) or by clicking on the chat and using your mouse's scroll wheel.
- (Not really a bug but I'll mention it anyways.) Server and client are operating at 10 tick, this will be increased to 20 tick. SLO's network architecture has been designed in such a way where the synchronization rate can be dynamically set, ergo making it operate at 20 tick is a 5 second job. This change will make movement more responsive as input will be monitored and synchronized every 1/20th of a second instead of every 1/10th of a second. Yes this means that theoretically you'll be able to perform 20 seals in just one second.
- The spinning disk of the new jutsu will be turned into multiple spinning disks, which will slightly improve the looks of the jutsu in-game, but mainly improve the looks of the jutsu in screenshots and videos.
- Camera unlocking/locking with L will be disabled.
- Hand seals will be visually randomized so that video capturing a hand seal sequence will not reveal the actual sequence behind a secret jutsu. This will get removed once jutsu scrolls are introduced, where knowing a hand seal sequence will not mean being able to perform the jutsu behind said sequence.

Known bugs in 1.0.7.2 that will NOT get fixed in 1.0.7.3:

- Frozen legs on a character, this bug occurs sometimes during re-synchronization of someone who is lagging.
- Cancelling a hand held jutsu (like Chidori) in-air does not cancel the upper-body animation associated with the jutsu.
- Performing a hand held jutsu (like Chidori) while standing still and instantly starting to move does not initiate the correct leg animation until the jutsu has been created.
- Performing a backflip and the last seal of a hand held jutsu (like Chidori) creates the jutsu while it shouldn't.
- You can type a message by clicking the input field of the chatbox instead of using the Return key or Enter key. Sending this message then requires you to press Return or Enter twice.
- Teleporting characters, either you are lagging or they are lagging. This bug occurs when network packets suddenly stop flowing because of an unstable connection. In the near future, the ones lagging will be put at a disadvantage and their lag will result in them teleporting back on their own screens and them staying in place on other people's screens.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:21:09 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 18:35:34 »
@Shintrixx The new org name is Kami Senshi, change it pls
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 22:41:56 »
Really like the update so far, glad to see progress is being made :)

Offline Mahad_Uchiha

• Academy Student Poster
  • Mahad_Uchiha has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 13:42:36 »
tested the game jsut now, wanna say it looks very good and very promesing :) / hopes from sweden
  • Character Name: Uchiha

Offline LionXI

• Academy Student Poster
  • LionXI has no influence.
  • I am LionXI,Nice To Meet You
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Namikaze Clan
  • Organization: Kami Senshi
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 20:47:52 »
Yes Time to Test!
  • Character Name: Raijin Hitsugi

Offline Kakashi Natsu

• Chunin Poster
  • Kakashi Natsu has no influence.
  • Give up trying to make me give up.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 01:31:33 »
@Shintrixx The new org name is Kami Senshi, change it pls
its not Kami, its Kroven, if you want to change it, then you should do a vote.

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 12:50:03 »
@Kakashi Natsu Loool look at the poll. Kami Senshi is winning lmao
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu