Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64061
Latest: Julidio
New This Month: 4154
New This Week: 120
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73876
Total Topics: 20754
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 827
Total: 837

Poll

What animals would you like to play as?

Feline
4 (25%)
K9
0 (0%)
Insect/aracnid
0 (0%)
Snake/reptile
3 (18.8%)
Dragon
3 (18.8%)
Aquatic
0 (0%)
Bird
4 (25%)
Ape/monkeys
2 (12.5%)
Amphibious
0 (0%)
Bovine
0 (0%)
Rabbit/rodent
0 (0%)
Other just post your choice.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 22, 2019, 23:35:58

Author Topic: Character diversity/summoning  (Read 5604 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Character diversity/summoning
« on: August 22, 2018, 23:18:14 »
This idea is kinda a huge change of what is planned as far as villages go and will likely effect other things like village legacy jutsu, but I think it would be cool!

So what if ninja animals were playable character options like races In other mmorpg’s.
Play as a ninja frog, hound,snake,bird cat,monkey, etc.
we take a vote as to the top 5 animals and we make 5 of the 11 villages ninja animal villages.
In this way players will learn things like nature energy and sage mode from other players in these villages. These animals would likely be  anthropomorphized towards the human side so the character skills and stats don’t need to change to much. Summoning could work as a request to summon when a player is online and a AI replacement of your character when you are offline. The summoning works both ways so we could even allow any experience gained by your AI controlled character while your offline to count when you log back in.

Ps. If this idea is adopted it will likely not happen at launch. Each village and character options could be its own expansion. This is good for 3 reasons.
1 it cuts the number of villages needed at launch in half (almost).
2 new content after launch will keep people interested.
3 asset reductions. I’m not a modeler but I would imagine that there are a lot less assets needed to customize a character avatar then to build a city!! Since there animal village all you would need is a geographical isolated environment with a couple of caves and streams. No buildings required. At most a couple of sheds.
Although I have to say a monkey city akin to Grods gorilla city would be really cool!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 20:14:18 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Character diversity/summoning
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 23:21:48 »
Some of the benifits of races like this is the training of goods and services exclusive to the race you are part of. For examples humans have weapons, animals have poisons and venoms, or specialized Taijutsu,genjutsu, or sensory skills, depending on the animals we deside on. Ninjutsu Fuinjutsu and basic taijutsu and genjutsu would still be common to all races. But Kenjutsu would be exclusively human until they train a summon character, and advanced genjutsu and Taijutsu would be exclusively animal until they train a human or other animal summon.(i suppose animals could summon another animal, why not)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 23:29:27 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Kassglas

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kassglas has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Character diversity/summoning
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 06:33:08 »
Each of these stories may not be the same.
-Removed-