Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 640
Total: 651
travemunc
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: Onmitsukidō  (Read 18732 times)

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
Re: Onmitsukidō
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 06:07:04 »
In case anyone missed it, this is what a ninja should be. You play in your village and serve your kage pretending you fight for a country, which does make one black ops. I do find it funny that people think they need to make an org that does what ninja should do, tho it is a good idea I suppose

running a ninja org not tied to village might be unusual tho, I suppose it is not redundant lol missing nin are the ones who are hired and such like ninja traditionally were. naruto takes a diff stance and it is unique though it shows you why most village ninja can bother not being stealthy when they have pride in a village the size of goku XD

If you want this reply removed it is no trouble @Konohuro
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 08:48:31 »
I think you are missing the point. You say that is the same thing when in fact, is completely the opposite.

As you say, a ninja: Serves his Kage, fights for his country, you listen to the commander's instructions and all of this turn you into black ops.

But this is what an Onmitsukido is: Serves no one but himself, fights for money, listens to no rules and does not subjects to anyone and all of this turn him into a mercenary.

Also, the "traditional" ninja were not hired, they were soldiers, serving their Shogun or Lord to spy on rival samurai clans and eventually assassinate.

Onmitsukido is not formed of only missing-nins, I am a missing-nin.

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 11:20:58 »
My point was that your org is going against the grain of village system, must have not made it clear enough.It is a merc org, without loyalty to a specific area. Also I know its not missing nins for now, but should the villages have the org encounter and fight ninja from their village and they survive, likely will classify any members from their village as rogue/traitor ( except for the time they hire your org lol ) 

I did not know most were just soldiers, good to find out.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Xassassin

• ANBU Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Xassassin has no influence.
  • The Assassin
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ☆Himitsu☆
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 21:10:31 »
hey kono, you might want to take a look at legion 1 and 2, they seem the same to me. I do like what you have done with this org tho.
  • Character Name: Kamiko Himitsu
"We Work In The Dark, To Serve The Light"

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 08:36:32 »
hey kono, you might want to take a look at legion 1 and 2, they seem the same to me. I do like what you have done with this org tho.

I am aware of the apparent similarities between the two legions, but in fact there is a big difference between the two, mainly in difficulty.
Legion one is assigned to gain info about a certain person, like his/her position, such missions can be completed only by having a good informant or from distant observation. On the other side, Legion two requires to gain info that only a certain person knows, this means sticking to the target and know whatever the target does, until it leaks the info you need.

Legion One has the least risk from all the legions, therefore every member is part of this Legion. But Legion Two has the highest risk of failure and it's missions are probably the hardest to complete from them all.

Also, thank you.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:40:04 by Konohuro »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 15:11:49 »
Update:
1. Theme changed.
2. Applications closed. They may be opened again at a later time.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 08:54:38 »
Update:

Applications are opened once again.