Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73891
Total Topics: 20763
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 783
Total: 793

Author Topic: Is God real  (Read 40149 times)

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
Re: Is God real
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 22:52:34 »
I don't care for god nor science, i don't care what happens when i die.
I just go with the flow i suppose...
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 23:13:17 »
well if we accept the premise that God is real the next logical question is what God?
This is why many wars have happened over the years. Every one Is up in arms about
religious extremist But the majority of the world is some form of christen and they got
that way because of there zealous, Forceful spread of that faith.
Early on many times through violent methods.
But dose that mean that the bible is to blame?

where do you turn for your faith in God?

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 23:42:19 »
Everyone has their own God and God can be anything.
God = a figure of supremacy - it doesn't even have to be one from common religions.
You can worship anything and give it the title of God.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 09:12:27 »
God = a figure of supremacy - it doesn't even have to be one from common religions.

Well that's just utter bullshit LOL

Sure you may use it in that way but that isn't what God is nor is that anything close to the definition.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 11:25:48 »

Well that's just utter bullshit LOL

Sure you may use it in that way but that isn't what God is nor is that anything close to the definition.

Snoopy made a common  grammatical error.
There is God ( mars definition)
And god somthing that you worship.
The definition of worship is love unconditional.
This can be anything a person place or thing.
Money can be your god
But God created all things.
In the above examples I'm describing god as the love of money.
But money obviously did not build the universe. God when used like this can take the place of the name of the god you believe in. In my case Jehovah. Because it is being used as a title or a proper name it is capitalized. But its use in the sentence also changes its meaning.

But this leads to a interesting topic. If you believe in 1 god and that god demands that you worship only it. Then God becomes less accurate and to avoid confusion naming the god you believing is a better idea.
God is actually a title like Judge.
Gods name has bin largely removed from the bible because of catholic traditions.
Gods name is actually Jehovah in the bible. However in 1 John 1:1 Jesus with his title as The Word is referred to as god, but with a lower case g. this is to suggest that he should be loved unconditionally. But there is only 1 title of God and that belongs to Jehovah in the bible.

P.S. I know I usually don't give a dame about grammar but in this case I have studied the topic carfuly so I'm trying extra hard. English sucks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 12:10:05 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 18:59:09 »
From my own experience I am assured that something greater than humanity exists.

At the moment I believe in God, but I am still studying the religions history and theories and I aim to gain a strong general knowledge of religions before declaring that Christian God is real or not.
This is what I would advise you to do as well.

From my point of view, you have no chance to determine what is good or what is bad, what is true or what is not unless you know both sides. You can't say that one coin is the shiniest of them all if you haven't seen any other coin until then.

I find it kind of ridiculous when I talk with people and they say that they are devoted to Quaran (example), and that they know that Allah is the one and true god, but after a few questions I realise that they don't know who Jesus is nor what Tao is nor what Buddha means.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 19:06:26 »
If we could prove that God is real then Christianity wouldn't be a faith based religion.

The entire point of Christianity is that you have faith in God despite irrefutable proof, this faith causes you to change your behaviour and hence you are rewarded.

From my own experience I am assured that something greater than humanity exists.

At the moment I believe in God, but I am still studying the religions history and theories and I aim to gain a strong general knowledge of religions before declaring that Christian God is real or not.
This is what I would advise you to do as well.

From my point of view, you have no chance to determine what is good or what is bad, what is true or what is not unless you know both sides. You can't say that one coin is the shiniest of them all if you haven't seen any other coin until then.

I find it kind of ridiculous when I talk with people and they say that they are devoted to Quaran (example), and that they know that Allah is the one and true god, but after a few questions I realise that they don't know who Jesus is nor what Tao is nor what Buddha means.

Nice man, about the other religionos bit, I kinda agree. Studying them without even particularly participating can't do any harm...
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 19:15:11 »
I Agree  with you completely konohuro!!!
I personally have studied Jewish, Shinto, Hindi,
Islam, and Christian faiths. I'm not saying I know everything about all of them but I believe I don't need to. To use your coin illustration you don't need to examine them down to molecules to know that some are chocolate coins covers in tin. I don't trust faiths taught by man. I trust the Bible. I draw my own conclusions about that the Bible teaches and try and find people that see things the same way. I encourage everyone to do the same.

Offline IbrahimRafi

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • IbrahimRafi has no influence.
  • It’s hard to explain
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 19:54:31 »
May I please borrow a few minutes from your time to explain about our lord and saviour!
  • Character Name: Raiden

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 20:11:31 »
May I please borrow a few minutes from your time to explain about our lord and saviour!
If you can spare a few so I can explain about his father and his God.

Offline IbrahimRafi

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • IbrahimRafi has no influence.
  • It’s hard to explain
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 20:12:34 »
If you can spare a few so I can explain about his father and his God.
Tf you talking about, I'm talking about Vreg.
  • Character Name: Raiden

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 20:41:03 »
Quite frankly I'm skeptical concerning the whole idea of 'religion', mainly due to the conflict it tends to awaken in certain individuals within two different religions. Of course, this conflict does not limit itself to religion only, but that can be discussed some other time.

As for whether a god exists is hard to debate. It depends on what aspect of god you wish to interpret. The God of Christianity, Hinduism, Islam etc. are all concepts that I neglect, but their mutual attributes is one that I accept:

An essence or entity that exists beyond our 'physical' realm that does not age, that is within everything and when we die, we merge with it.

As we die, our body decays, our molecules dissolve, releasing the energy and atoms that was within our molecular bonds to our environment (be that limited to Earth or the universe).

One may think that the atoms that are left behind are our physical connection to this 'realm', whereas the energy that's dissipated (which has no limit to dimensions) is our connection to the 'hereafter' and as it spreads throughout this dimension, we become one with it and thus ascend from our current state of being.

Yeah, seems a bit off for me to talk like this, but this is the only way I could think of combining my knowledge of science with the faith of an afterlife. (note: not religion.)

I hope my point of view may have opened a new perspective.

P.S. SantanosRabi is a necromancer </3
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 20:43:55 by DarthTyrael »

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 21:07:50 »
Intristingly the Bible dose not support the idea of an afterlife. Energy transforms but is never distroyed this is true science. But if that energy was what people call the soul then decay would happen instantly after physical death. Decay is the process of the entrupy of energy from the body. Man was created to live forever. God put forever in are hearts the Bible says. Are desire to live past death dose not mean it's real. Death is a punishment. Science can't explain why cells can only split a limited number of times. But the Bible also provides hope for this condition. Everlasting life on earth.

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 21:28:27 »
Intristingly the Bible dose not support the idea of an afterlife. Energy transforms but is never distroyed this is true science. But if that energy was what people call the soul then decay would happen instantly after physical death. Decay is the process of the entrupy of energy from the body. Man was created to live forever. God put forever in are hearts the Bible says. Are desire to live past death dose not mean it's real. Death is a punishment. Science can't explain why cells can only split a limited number of times. But the Bible also provides hope for this condition. Everlasting life on earth.
The earth won't exist forever.
At some point the sun will be "empty" leaving us with the end of the world as we know it :p
Directed to your last sentence.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 21:29:34 »
Science can't explain why cells can only split a limited number of times.

Uh... yeah it can.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent