Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 66110
Latest: JessIsabel
New This Month: 1631
New This Week: 437
New Today: 178
Stats
Total Posts: 80538
Total Topics: 24506
Most Online Today: 1558
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 823
Total: 834

Author Topic: Tracking rogues  (Read 3050 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Tracking rogues
« on: August 04, 2015, 18:21:35 »
I think that there should be a system for rogues to be tracked by ANBU and bounty hunters, at least a rough area will be given by this method.

Villages that are friendly or allied with each other, or organisations that are friendly to other villages can make a treaty in which information between them is shared automatically on the position of rogues. For example, if a rogue ninja raids an outlying farm and it's reported, the information will automatically be given to villages that have the scouting-treaty with the village that discovers it. That way, ANBU and bounty hunters will be able to see a trail of similar attacks, raids etc. and track the rogue.

I'm not 100% sure how this system could be made to work as it'd be difficult, but I hope the general idea is put across in this post.

• Character Name: Dawg

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Tracking rogues
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 17:14:55 »
Perhaps a skill should be made that allows one to slowly get better at identifying tracks? For instance, if you see a set of tracks--and depending on your skill-level as a tracker--you will be able to tell their body-type, as well as other vague identifying details. If you happen to see the person who these details belong to, those tracks will then identify who they belong to with the name of the player. Idk, just trying to help.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 16:32:28 »
Perhaps a skill should be made that allows one to slowly get better at identifying tracks? For instance, if you see a set of tracks--and depending on your skill-level as a tracker--you will be able to tell their body-type, as well as other vague identifying details. If you happen to see the person who these details belong to, those tracks will then identify who they belong to with the name of the player. Idk, just trying to help.

I think that's a good idea. I think that if you go through certain areas, such as deep snow or very wet mud, you should leave footprints behind for a day or something.

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
  • mordredeon has no influence.
  • Your friendly village writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 19:38:48 »

I think that's a good idea. I think that if you go through certain areas, such as deep snow or very wet mud, you should leave footprints behind for a day or something.

I was going to make a post on this, and the skills, and still am, and I was thinking that the foot prints would have to have environmental effects taken into account. That being if it rained the footprint would wash away, and if it snowed the footprint would wash away, because the environment I hope is going to be dynamic.

Offline jedikan

• Chunin Poster
  • jedikan has no influence.
  • rah
    • View Profile

• Organization: Rōguhantā        
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 19:57:58 »

I was going to make a post on this, and the skills, and still am, and I was thinking that the foot prints would have to have environmental effects taken into account. That being if it rained the footprint would wash away, and if it snowed the footprint would wash away, because the environment I hope is going to be dynamic.

Isn't that a bit too realistic?? In my opinion, there's only so much that can be done to add that realistic effect to the game, but what you're talking about would be a bit too much to implement. I don't even know if it's possible (I have no coding experience, but that idea sounds unearthly).

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 18:53:03 »

Isn't that a bit too realistic?? In my opinion, there's only so much that can be done to add that realistic effect to the game, but what you're talking about would be a bit too much to implement. I don't even know if it's possible (I have no coding experience, but that idea sounds unearthly).

I'm just brainstorming, I don't know about the coding, so I can't comment on that, but there's no reason not to suggest the ideas in case