Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64363
Latest: Keithecowl
New This Month: 232
New This Week: 68
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 75644
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1101
Total: 1115

Author Topic: Nature and I  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Nature and I
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:12:17 »
My journey to the bridge was a struggle with the shackles around my bare feet
Skin began to slowly tarnish, but this felt angelic compared to the path I departed

From the beginning I would dream of soaring the skies like a bird   
I would dream of the freedom to explore new lands and ideas, and people and emotions alike
Not too long ago, my heart was in a happy place, a cherished land that was frowned upon by others; but in my view this was the most beautiful thing my eyes have rest upon. Like the crisp perspective of a new-born.

This land… the land I adored, and cared for and looked-after with my dear life would be anchored to a constant state of depression and would often self-deteriorate. The ones held responsible are the sick-minded vultures that fed off her natural beauty and fragile confidence.

My heart would often ache and struggle to breathe knowing that my home and passion was slowly being torn apart by them, and I couldn’t do much about it.

Countless times I rebuilt my dear with my personal insufficiencies – filling up the gaps where the vultures fed. However as time went by, it became evident to me that my effort was futile and her scars surfaced once more.

This is where the line was crossed – I could no longer watch my baby in pain
I hid beneath her during night-time and she thought I was insane
It was time for the vultures to feed and I could hear them coming from afar
But what my baby didn’t know was that I had revenge on stand-by in my car
They came and began to feast from front to back – I jumped from behind and engaged an attack
Loaded up with fat chunks of anger, put a smile on my MAC
Blown by surprise, their existence was hanging on a string
They could hear the flute of death and agony, but I never knew my child could sing
Babygirl was damaged but was shocked and feared what she saw
This is the first time she came second, because my eternally-bound girl wanted more
So I loaded up as she spat out the metal, and continued to graciously roar
Now we have a few corpses and not a word to say
Before I could comfort my baby, she threw me astray
And the sirens constantly dance in my head as I was taken away

It’s been 25 years and it’s clear to me now that I would never see her again.
How she was once a nearby island, she has now moved away.
There was no point in enduring more pain when my only life went down the drain.
After a long walk, I approached the bridge - my final destination
Took a deep breath, closed my eyes and stood in front of the nation
My feet grew cold, but not nearly as much as my soul
I lean forward and leap into the distance, I wanted to see how low I could go
No, I don’t have my baby but I do have something else
I finally feel the breeze of the wind as I soar through the air
I feel like the birds in the sky, and I don’t have a single care
The shackles have broken and I experience the freedom I’ve always wanted
I guess this is all I needed, nature and I have finally bonded

Our hearts are monsters, that’s why they’re locked in a cage.

SPOILER DOWN BELOW

My journey to the bridge was a struggle with the shackles around my bare feet
He literally struggled getting to the bridge due to the metaphorical shackles that have been placed around his feet. The shackles represent the emotional stress that has built up within him that delay his movement and this is why he strolls to his destination. The bridge not only stands as a physical structure in the story but also a symbol to show that he will cross to the other side – life after death. The narrator is walking bare foot which suggests that he has lost all support; essentially he is stripped of anything that could keep him from progressing in life smoothly and with comfort– shoes.

Skin began to slowly tarnish, but this felt angelic compared to the path I departed
The fact that his feet are literally wearing off from walking towards the bridge is nothing in comparison to the emotional journey he has passed.

From the beginning I would dream of soaring the skies like a bird   
I would dream of the freedom to explore new lands and ideas, and people and emotions alike

The narrator would dream of being free like the birds in the skies when he was a child. His ambition was to explore new lands, possibly bring innovation with new ideas, meet new people and experience various emotions.

Not too long ago, my heart was in a happy place, a cherished land that was frowned upon by others; but in my view this was the most beautiful thing my eyes have rest upon.
The narrator gave his love to a lady and she was his happy place. She represents Mother Nature and was the land he cherished. However there were people who constantly frowned upon and bullied her due to her physical appearance, nevertheless, to him, she was the most beautiful being he laid his eyes on.

Like the crisp perspective of a new-born.
When a baby opens its eyes to the world for the first time, everything is jaw-dropping to them. They fall in love with the things they see, especially their mothers.

This land… the land I adored, and cared for and looked-after with my dear life would be anchored to a constant state of depression and would often self-deteriorate.
The love of his life would often succumb to depression and self-harm due to it.

The ones held responsible are the sick-minded vultures that fed off her natural beauty and fragile confidence.
The ones responsible for this are the negative people who feed off her low self-esteem and fragile confidence that can easily be broken.

My heart would often ache and struggle to breathe knowing that my home and passion was slowly being torn apart by them, and I couldn’t do much about it.
The narrator would feel hurt knowing that his lady is being treated this way. His heart “struggles to breathe” which suggests that it feels such emptiness and sorrow to the point where it drowns on itself. The narrator couldn’t do much about this because these bullies were only present in her workplace or place of residence.

Countless times I rebuilt my dear with my personal insufficiencies – filling up the gaps where the vultures fed.
The narrator gave up his own insecurities to comfort his loved one as much as possible. Essentially replacing the stolen or broken parts she harnessed, such as; self-confidence, self-security etc.

However as time went by, it became evident to me that my effort was futile and her scars surfaced once more.
However the negativity was persistent and all his effort to restore his broken lover were pointless, and all her scars showed again. Scars would imply both physical from self-harm and psychological like; depression, anxiety and discomfort.

This is where the line was crossed – I could no longer watch my baby in pain
He can no longer tolerate this.

I hid beneath her during night-time and she thought I was insane
His lover unknowing of his intentions let him into her personal world where all the bullies lurked. This could be her workplace or another part of her area of residence. “Hid beneath her” links back to the idea that she is Mother Earth and he is hiding under a layer of land, or in other words; he is sneaking around her residence at night time.

It was time for the vultures to feed and I could hear them coming from afar
But what my baby didn’t know was that I had revenge on stand-by in my car

It became apparent that the bullies were coming, either by their appearance or by their attitudes towards his lover when they saw her. However she does not know that he has a gun at the back of his car, ready to go off. The gun is presented by the idea of revenge.

They came and began to feast from front to back – I jumped from behind and engaged an attack
The bullies began interacting with her, displaying negative energy and feeding off the last bits of confidence she has, but before they could feast further, the narrator showed up out of the blue and began shooting.

Loaded up with fat chunks of anger, put a smile on my MAC
He specifically used ‘fat and chunky’ bullets, wider than the standard and they are displayed as anger from within the narrator, this makes his gun (a MAC-10) happy because it is finally being used. An alternate meaning is that the narrator is slowly transforming into the weapon because it is starting to use nouns such as smiling.

Blown by surprise, their existence was hanging on a string
They could hear the flute of death and agony, but I never knew my child could sing

They were literally blown away from the bullets in an ambush, and they were almost dead, hence “their existence was hanging on a string”. The whole situation sounded like death being played on a flute, however the narrator is impressed because his child – the gun – could sing. It sounds like music to his ears.

Babygirl was damaged but was shocked and feared what she saw
This is the first time she came second, because my eternally-bound girl wanted more

His lover watched on the side-lines in shock and feared what was happening, ultimately fearing the narrator. There is a nice play on words “First time she came second”, the narrator is implying that this is the first time he will ignore the needs of his lover and listen to what the gun wants – more blood and gore. “Eternally bound” suggests that she has never been used before and this triggers her urge for combat.

So I loaded up as she spat out the metal, and continued to graciously roar
He reloaded with ammunition as the gun continued emptying the clip and releasing bullets. The weapon ‘roared’ with pride.

Now we have a few corpses and not a word to say
Before I could comfort my baby, she threw me astray
And the sirens constantly dance in my head as I was taken away

The aftermath caught on and everyone is silenced, shocked and confused by what happened, and before the narrator could get back to his girlfriend, she abandoned him out of fear. The police sirens were constantly playing in his mind as he was taken away and incarcerated.

It’s been 25 years and it’s clear to me now that I would never see her again.
How she was once a nearby island, she has now moved away.

The narrator received a ‘life sentence’ (25 years) imprisonment and he is now out. He also realizes that his lover is long gone and would never see her again. We go back to the idea that she represents Mother Earth when he compares her to an Island that he used to live on, and she has drifted from his life.

There was no point in enduring more pain when my only life went down the drain.
The narrator finds no use in crying or feeling sadness and sorrow from within, he accepted the fact that his opportunity to be with his lover has now expired.

After a long walk, I approached the bridge - my final destination
Took a deep breath, closed my eyes and stood in front of the nation

He finally snapped back in reality and realizes he’s reached the bridge, his ‘final destination’ both travel wise and in terms of life on earth.
He then prepares for death by taking a deep breath, closing his eyes and standing directly towards the populated city.

My feet grew cold, but not nearly as much as my soul
I lean forward and leap into the distance, I wanted to see how low I could go

The fact that his feet grew cold gives us the impression that he’s standing on a high point on the bridge, but the coldness he experienced was no-where near as much as his soul, which also implies that it is empty, lonely and void.
He leans forward and free-falls.

No, I don’t have my baby but I do have something else
He reminds himself that he no longer has his lover, but acknowledges that he has gained something else.

I finally feel the breeze of the wind as I soar through the air
I feel like the birds in the sky, and I don’t have a single care

His childhood dream has become a reality and is ultimately achieved right before his departure from this world. He feels like a bird, free and careless as he falls through the air. This is the only dream that has never betrayed him and stuck with the narrator throughout his entire life.

The shackles have broken and I experience the freedom I’ve always wanted
I guess this is all I needed, nature and I have finally bonded

The shackles of depression and sadness have finally come off as he experiences the freedom he has always wished for. The narrator comes to realize that this is what he needed all along, and like the birds, he has finally bonded with nature – his lover, in the after-life.

Our hearts are monsters, that’s why they’re locked in a cage.
Some of the things we do for love can be seen as monstrous, and this is why our hearts are locked up within the rib-cage – another deep message for you to discover.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 22:49:45 by Snoopy »

internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Manuster

Re: Nature and I
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:56:48 »
Read this over and over, fan - fucking - tastic. Idk why i like it, I normally hate such descriptive, writing...but this...I really got into it dayum
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 07:10:01 »
Read this over and over, fan - fucking - tastic. Idk why i like it, I normally hate such descriptive, writing...but this...I really got into it dayum
Thank you
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline taigakun

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:49:48 »
Eyyy really nice once again Snopp
Good job man

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 11:47:13 »
Eyyy really nice once again Snopp
Good job man
Thank you
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 17:40:43 »
Read this over and over
took me like three reads to understand whats happening (yeah I didn't notice the spoiler... cuz the content was just too good :P )
and another read to appreciate it completely.
loved it man...
keep 'em comin' !

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 18:18:23 »
Read this over and over
took me like three reads to understand whats happening (yeah I didn't notice the spoiler... cuz the content was just too good :P )
and another read to appreciate it completely.
loved it man...
keep 'em comin' !
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback and the fact that it took people several reads to fully understand what was going on without glancing over the spoiler. I should have worded the spoiler a little better and more accurately but I cba now lol (you still get a fairly accurate overview though).
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline CaioDarT

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • CaioDarT has no influence.
  • Zero Reiends Frere Heal
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

• Organization: RoguhantaBlackbox
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 19:26:48 »
Maaan, what an read, I have to admit that i dont get it first but then.... Snoopy you have a talent, keep going

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 22:50:52 »
Maaan, what an read, I have to admit that i dont get it first but then.... Snoopy you have a talent, keep going
Thaaaank you.
I've actually just included an entire SPOILER section where every stanza is explained. It might be a good read if you want to compare your thoughts to mine.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy