Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73883
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 819
Total: 828
Seo-Ul-nor
Google (8)

Author Topic: Player Made Exams  (Read 7555 times)

Offline Sokka Tongsi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sokka Tongsi has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Player Made Exams
« on: February 13, 2017, 22:59:55 »
Will there be a player made chunin exams where each player and Kate come to one village to see preliminaries and so on and so forth?

• Character Name: Sokka Tongsi

Offline StriderOtaku

Re: Player Made Exams
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 01:43:09 »
Welcome to SLO Sokka.
I'll advice you read the FAQs before creating anymore threads or asking anymore questions.
I believe there is an answer to the question above in the FAQs and it has been brought up before in previous threads. Try to use the search function to find a topic before asking a question concerning it.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Sokka Tongsi

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:06:49 »
Welcome to SLO Sokka.
I'll advice you read the FAQs before creating anymore threads or asking anymore questions.
I believe there is an answer to the question above in the FAQs and it has been brought up before in previous threads. Try to use the search function to find a topic before asking a question concerning it.
I understand but I wanted to know how... Will it just be a computerized thing where u just complete tasks or will it be a actual chunin exams where ppl actually have trials to complete and fight against another player

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 02:23:15 »
Welcome to SLO Sokka.
I understand but I wanted to know how... Will it just be a computerized thing where u just complete tasks or will it be a actual chunin exams where ppl actually have trials to complete and fight against another player
Do as he answered. Check FAQ or use the Search tool. Strider said it nicer but apparently you missed it? Stop with the pointless posts kthx <3
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 05:19:07 »
@Sokka Tongsi
I see you have too many question/suggestions and I see you are making separate post for each of them.
Two suggestions.
1)Read the FAQs
2)Try and compile your questions and suggestions in one post. if they are such one liners

Offline Sokka Tongsi

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 05:45:06 »
Welcome to SLO Sokka.
Do as he answered. Check FAQ or use the Search tool. Strider said it nicer but apparently you missed it? Stop with the pointless posts kthx <3
I get the FAQS answers a lot of questions. But it don't answer mine, the question is how the chunin exams will be handled. It clearly states its going to be exams but how will a player be able to do it. Will it be a random npc u go to or the kages have to do the whole 9 yards. FAQs doesn't explain everything

Offline Manuster

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 07:33:55 »
Welcome to SLO Sokka.
I get the FAQS answers a lot of questions. But it don't answer mine, the question is how the chunin exams will be handled. It clearly states its going to be exams but how will a player be able to do it. Will it be a random npc u go to or the kages have to do the whole 9 yards. FAQs doesn't explain everything

Inb4 you get butt raped.

If it doesnt specify then it hasn't been decided yet, alot of things are still up contention (even what has been decided can still be changed). What you can do is leave a suggestion for what you think would be a good idea. But for future reference, if you can't find any details specified then Vreg hasn't made up his mind.

I'm sure you've got the point to use FAQ and search before any other questions xD
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Sokka Tongsi

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 09:59:05 »
Welcome to SLO Sokka.

Inb4 you get butt raped.

If it doesnt specify then it hasn't been decided yet, alot of things are still up contention (even what has been decided can still be changed). What you can do is leave a suggestion for what you think would be a good idea. But for future reference, if you can't find any details specified then Vreg hasn't made up his mind.

I'm sure you've got the point to use FAQ and search before any other questions xD
that's a better answer than read the fuckin FAQs. Even though you're trying to be funny but still a better answer than the others. Thanks

Offline Chadi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Chadi has no influence.
  • HI I love u
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Godai Temple
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 02:01:01 »
Welcome to SLO Sokka.

Inb4 you get butt raped.

that's a better answer than read the fuckin FAQs. Even though you're trying to be funny but still a better answer than the others. Thanks
I LOVE U
  • Character Name: Lucifer Kaiyo

Offline taigakun

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 11:28:25 »
But seriously tho,
read the FAQs and check out old threads before asking questions because it gets annoying to see the same questions over and over and over again when all you could have done is a little research.

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 17:13:04 »
Yeah, listen to Taiga, read the FAQs, it's really important to read the FAQs fellow member!!

All jokes aside, welcome to SLO. The FAQs are so outdated, that there's almost no point in reading it anymore anyway.

I don't know about player-made exams, I assume you mean exams created by players? That's highly unlikely, because exams is a hard thing, and it's supposed to be changing for each exam, and I don't think a player can be left in charge of that.

Maybe players gets to host the exam, like being security, making sure there's no interference with their village's exam? Who knows what they have planned, what we do know is that there'll be a long, long, long time before we can get to enjoy that.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Sokka Tongsi

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 00:44:49 »
Yeah, listen to Taiga, read the FAQs, it's really important to read the FAQs fellow member!!

All jokes aside, welcome to SLO. The FAQs are so outdated, that there's almost no point in reading it anymore anyway.

I don't know about player-made exams, I assume you mean exams created by players? That's highly unlikely, because exams is a hard thing, and it's supposed to be changing for each exam, and I don't think a player can be left in charge of that.

Maybe players gets to host the exam, like being security, making sure there's no interference with their village's exam? Who knows what they have planned, what we do know is that there'll be a long, long, long time before we can get to enjoy that.
the answer I was hoping for thank u

Offline DMKEric

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • DMKEric has no influence.
  • Killin
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Clowns
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 06:37:26 »

I do believe in letting a player in cgarge of the player exams: that would be the kage.

Also, organise kage voting on server (or on forums). This should do it.

If players don't like the kage's choices, they shall left the village. Notice me if you see flaws in this system.

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 07:42:44 »
We've done the Kage exams in the forums, with in-game battles, too. It'll be hosted again, not sure when.

In what way would the kage be in charge of the exam? Creating the exam? Hosting it? Explain

• Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 16:02:03 »

I do believe in letting a player in cgarge of the player exams: that would be the kage.

Also, organise kage voting on server (or on forums). This should do it.

If players don't like the kage's choices, they shall left the village. Notice me if you see flaws in this system.

People leaving a village over decisions on the Chuunin exams is unbelieveably petty. Secondly it should be up to the Kage as to whether they decide to get the affirmation of their players, and not a necessity.

Thirdly, there is not much to "create" in terms of Chuunin exams. Most consist of 3 stages.

Exams
Mission Simulation
Battle

I'm almost 100% sure that any kage won't sit down and write the exam questions.

There are way too many unknowns to bring into with mission simulation. There will be a format but I doubt there'll be enough room for any actual "creativity"

It maaay be up to the Kage to choose the location and the type of battles. (1v1, 2v2, 3v3 of FFA)

Deciding Chuunin exams are going to be like dressing your character, you'll have a certain set of formats you cannot deviate from and only really have the creativity to change 1 or 2 things per factor.

Please bear in mind that the above is simply my interpreation of the most likely system of Chuunin exams. Anything else would probably cost too much coding for what it's worth. And this is all if Vreg decides to let Kage's have control over exams. Which is still unanswered.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent