Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64346
Latest: Zonai_Cat
New This Month: 215
New This Week: 51
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 75588
Total Topics: 21516
Most Online Today: 1375
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 961
Total: 972

Author Topic: Few asks :d  (Read 15253 times)

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TheStylee has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Blackbox
Few asks :d
« on: April 10, 2017, 09:06:41 »
Hi.
Im moving around this forum and im pretty sure that i've read almost every topic from the forum about gameplay/goals.Still,the FAQ topic it's not really accurate anymore with the current goals/gameplay so , if you dont mind,i have few questions to ask about (that i couldn't get the answers from forum/discord).

1.What will be the kage role exactly?Not just role-playing(starting a war,for ex) but on gameplay.How does he affects me as a player while he is on his mandatory?What's ur goals about it?

2.How do u imagine the political and economycal system will/would work ? How do you envision it and what's ur goal about it?

3.What's the jobs for shinobi you have in mind?

4.What village do we get after hiden hill?Did u decided about it ? xd

5.What's your goals for this year?What do u expect to be finished , the stage of the game you wish to get?

6.How large do you expect the map to be?As i saw,you developed aleardy a village,some terrain and im curious if u made up an ideea about how large the world will be.From the north of the map to the south,for example,it should take 10 mins/ 1 hour / 1 day / 10 days to reach at max. speed?What's ur goal for it?

-
-
Tags for searching bar: devs , map , village , design , kage , kage role , jobs , hiden hill , alpha , this year , map size , time .

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 15:39:24 by TheStylee »

• Character Name: TheStylee

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: Few asks :d
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:26:06 »
3. I read somewhere that players can take on the roles of merchants as well as forge their own path as shinobi. I'm not sure what else is available other than merchants but I'm sure there will be other community roles there too.

4. Undecided, but I assume Hidden Thunder /shrug

5. Lol.

6. I can't give you exact information, but from what we know, the developers are planning on making it a massive map with actual distance to be traveled between villages. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:36:00 »

4. Undecided, but I assume Hidden Thunder /shrug

In response to this, the latest Twitch broadcast (streamed on the 2nd of April) hinted at Hidden Dust becoming the next village, however the Dev Blog concept art tease would hint towards Hidden Forest instead.

In all honesty, I wouldn't know, though Hidden Dust would be fairly easier to create (not a lot of vegetation xD)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:55:46 by DarthTyrael »

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 10:54:01 »
#Snoopy
3.As role-playing,we can be tree-hunters (lol),but i mean officialy,with sallary eventually.
4.hm
5.Lol
6.This was an ask directed more to Matt,cause he's creating the terrain.I'd want to hear his opinion about it.How much would take to go from a side of the map to another.Hours or days.( @mattaleks )

#Darth
Agree about less vegetation,but here's plenty of other details that could be instead of trees on dust village.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:59:30 by TheStylee »

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 14:05:45 »
1. The role of Kage is to lead the village. In short, that includes several responsibilities like: setting tax level, assigning missions (?), administering tests for promotions, wartime duties, managing the physical appearance and planning the expansion of their village, etc. These, however, will not detract from the player's gameplay. This isn't a Kage Simulator, their power will be limited by the game to make sure the game stays fun for the average player. (Ex: they can't declare war on every nation and set taxes at 100%)

2. The political system will probably revolve around the Kage, but won't be limited to them. The Kage are elected, which is as much politicking we have seen planned thus far. I imagine that will be a big event in game. Also, I feel there will be some focus, on a community level, on the Kage's new 'administration.' Each Kage will have their own made up ranks at will be needed to be filled each time a new Kage is elected, which will fuel some drama. Other than that, politics will probably be fairly limited to the Kage Summit.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Manuster

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 15:04:53 »
6. Vuregu said it will take 2-3 hours to travel from one village to another and that the total size of a single village (including its territory) would be about 4-6GB to download. So about 44-66GB in total

A user will be able to download each 'villlage' individually in the case they ever want to cross the border to travel to it as not all computers have a spare 50GB

I dont even have a spare 3 Gb ;_;

RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 15:10:31 »
Hi America,

1.I try to be optimistic as much as possible,but i have several doubts abour 'ur answer.
I can't real see what taxes are for.Maybe my imaggination is limited (lol) but few examples will clear this out .Assingnin missions will be be psyhcally impossible to given by the kages since the game expect a large number of players.Maybe,again,im wrong and i wait to be corrected.
2.Ill stick to my old idea from my old topic where i wrote that the kage mandatory should be atleast 3 month,otherwise,the political role will be to small in the game.Thank you for your answers anyway.

Manuster,
That's pretty much the answer i was looking for.And as a personal opinion ,even i havent a performant pc,downloading the rest of the map sounds so unprofessional.    ._.

Thx both of you and i wait for more answers.For me and for the new players that are looking for game details :d
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 15:14:20 by TheStylee »

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 15:29:22 »
Hi America,

1.I try to be optimistic as much as possible,but i have several doubts abour 'ur answer.
I can't real see what taxes are for.Maybe my imaggination is limited (lol) but few examples will clear this out .Assingnin missions will be be psyhcally impossible to given by the kages since the game expect a large number of players.Maybe,again,im wrong and i wait to be corrected.
2.Ill stick to my old idea from my old topic where i wrote that the kage mandatory should be atleast 3 month,otherwise,the political role will be to small in the game.Thank you for your answers anyway.

Manuster,
That's pretty much the answer i was looking for.And as a personal opinion ,even i havent a performant pc,downloading the rest of the map sounds so unprofessional.    ._.

Thx both of you and i wait for more answers.For me and for the new players that are looking for game details :d

The villages need finances to run, thus justifying taxes. Ninja need to be paid, materials need to be bought, and it will cost money to expand the village's borders. There are countless other uses for tax money, but I can't really think of any right now.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Malix

• Social Media Manager
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Malix has no influence.
  • I write stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 17:02:35 »
I've been asked to comment on this but before I start I want to add the well known disclaimer that any and everything is still viable to change and these are all early development ideas. Not practical ones that you can take to the bank.

1.What will be the kage role exactly?Not just role-playing(starting a war,for ex) but on gameplay.How does he affects me as a player while he is on his mandatory?What's ur goals about it?
As America said, Kages will have a political and economical role for each village. The details of yet are not finalized but you can expect that they will have a heavy hand in setting Village policies and trade/tax rates. As well as assigning roles and titles to other people. There may be other elected roles as well that do these things depending on the village.

2.How do u imagine the political and economical system will/would work ? How do you envision it and what's ur goal about it?

This is hard to talk about as again it's so far ahead in the future and it's a very controversial topic. We plan on having as robust a political and economical system as possible given the timelines we have to live with. It's entirely possible we'll start with a bare-bones system and then add to it later. Every village may have a similar system and then later we'll make them unique...it'll all depend on how things go when we get to that stage of development.

Personally I liked to see a lot of community driven factors at play. Elections and voting, military movements, economical and agricultural systems. But I also know we're currently free volunteers so this may not be viable until we're funded and maybe not even then. But I'll keep on dreaming like the rest of you  8).

3.What's the jobs for shinobi you have in mind?

I'm assuming you mean professions other than being a shinobi itself. This is again kinda far in the future but you can expect the basic ones: Blacksmith, Tailor, maybe a few more. This will really all depend on our crafting system which we haven't talked about yet. We could go as elaborate as having a fishing and farming system or go the other way and have doctors and lawyers...Anything is possible right now.

No.

5.What's your goals for this year?What do u expect to be finished , the stage of the game you wish to get?

We're hoping to have Alpha out this year. I'd like to promise that but we all know how Vreg's record with promises is...so I wont be making any.

6.How large do you expect the map to be?As i saw,you developed aleardy a village,some terrain and im curious if u made up an ideea about how large the world will be.From the north of the map to the south,for example,it should take 10 mins/ 1 hour / 1 day / 10 days to reach at max. speed?What's ur goal for it?
Initial maps will be on the smaller side only because we dont have a lot of people working on them. The first ones you guys will see with be slimmed down for this reason but we intend to expand on these and all other ones for the MMO eventually.

The time it takes to travel will be more dependent on your ability than distance. There will be a lot of obstacles and dangers along the way so a lower ranked shinobi will have to be more careful getting around. Remember it's all fun and games until you die in the perma-death zone.
  • Character Name: Keizo Akira

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 22:34:29 »
@TheStylee The full mmo map would take days but our newest map is going to be 8km
  • Character Name: Matt

Offline Manuster

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 22:44:56 »
@TheStylee The full mmo map would take days but our newest map is going to be 8km

days? as in real human days? as in 24 hours+ to travel from the most northenly point to the most southenly? That sounds amazing (and a tad optimistic) as heck
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline AbeMelbs

• Genin Poster
  • AbeMelbs has no influence.
  • Leader of The Creed
    • View Profile
    • Youtube - Vongola SLO
  • Clan:
    Code: [Select]
    [url=www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=3186.0][img]i.imgur.com/NWnjp2v.png?1[/img][/url]
  • Organization: The Creed
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 23:03:17 »
Remember it's all fun and games until you die in the perma-death zone.

Idk why but i laughed so hard at this XDD
  • Character Name: Kyuzaki
What was I thinking?

View My Video

My Character

Offline Orcellie

• Academy Student Poster
  • Orcellie has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 23:42:09 »

I've read somewhere in the forums that there's perma-death zones. Are these just going to be way out far away from the villages? Or will the game itself be very dangerous to where there can be muggings on the street? And if villages would be safezones, how would one go about assassinating the kage in their office? If one wanted to.
  • Character Name: Masaru Katayama
Well, hello there.

Offline gevanei

• Genin Poster
  • gevanei has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 01:11:12 »

I've read somewhere in the forums that there's perma-death zones. Are these just going to be way out far away from the villages? Or will the game itself be very dangerous to where there can be muggings on the street? And if villages would be safezones, how would one go about assassinating the kage in their office? If one wanted to.
Lol other than the pvp aspects which I don't care for what are the chances of a ninja getting mugged by civilians or assassinating an S rank kage who's office is heavily guarded, if I'm not wrong rp is the main form of interaction physically am I right?
  • Character Name: Hashi

Offline Orcellie

• Academy Student Poster
  • Orcellie has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 02:00:13 »
Well, what if I wanted to mug some civilians? Would I be able to?
  • Character Name: Masaru Katayama
Well, hello there.