Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 29
Stats
Total Posts: 73910
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 701
Total: 714
travemunc
IT Experts Group
GeorgeCycle
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)

Author Topic: More suggestion: New way to learn jutsu(Realism) : Elemental combinations(Group)  (Read 18256 times)

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Master has no influence.
  • DiviAngel- To be in game name.
    • View Profile
New way to learn Jutsu
A new realism way to learn jutsu is actuelly having to have the person remember the jutsu even in battle, When first learning of a jutsu they recieve a Scroll.
This scroll reads them how to use the jutsu for example (You have learned: CHIDORI, The jutsu seals are  Ox>Hare>Monkey:Enter        Remember these signs.

The scroll can then be put into a bank or a house for safe keeping. To use the jutsu people mold those signs. But if they forget it there is no quick menu to learn it again. they must go back to the bank and learn it again.

They can see the strenth or level of the jutsu in a menu but they can not learnt he hand signs from it.

Elemental Combination

The allowing of tag team with elements, say if someone was hit with a damaging wind feild, and someone shot a fireball in it. the fireball would then be 1.5 or 2x stronger then before

Or if someone is hit with a water attack and becomes soaked then someone strikes them with lightning.
the lightning would have a paralysis effect with 1.5x damage.

These are some ideas, Do comment your thoughts
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 20:13:25 by Master »

Meaning has power

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
I'm pretty sure that Vreg has already decided what to do with the 'Elemental Combination' thing.

As far as the 'Jutsu Learning', seeing this game is going for a 'realistic' sense, being forced to physically learn a jutsu scroll, I like the idea.

• Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
Seems realistic, but also a pain in the head if you forget jutsu in the middle of a battle. I would just right my jutsu down on a piece of paper, and keep it next to me.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
Yeah you can do that. But thats the point, In battle you have the stress of remembering and using the jutsu. Its not like press 1 button and you can shoot it you have to REMEMBER
Meaning has power

Offline J-man

• Academy Student Poster
  • J-man has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
the ideaa to memorise the hand seal is great but that cant be the whole thing for learing jutsus cuz thing about this scenario(that might happen in the future):im playing and im a gennin.I have a kage level friend that played quite some time and he gives me a A rank tehnique scroll , i can learn the hand sings and i've got a baddas giant water dragon that wrecks any other gennin.so there should be some conditions to using tehniques,maybe lets say a stat called "chakra control" can be added and for lets say a water dragon jutsu we need 50 points in chackra control wich can be aquired by using more and more tehniques but if we have a realistic system where chakra regenerates hard  and is limited we cant spam a tehnique and aquire those points :D and after you have to use a tehnique that has a level similar to yours not have 1000 chackra pool and spam a low cost  jutsu to aquire points,again im stupid and you may not understand me but long story short you have to train and battle again and again to have to ability to use stronger jutsus get me? :D

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
These have already been applied, You have to level the techinque to get a good attack from it. and you must train up your chakera because a A rank jutsu will cost alot of chakera to begin with. and you can not give scrolls to random people unless its a hidden or forbidden scroll that was found.
Meaning has power

Offline thevegetor

• Academy Student Poster
  • thevegetor has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
At first I didn't like the idea of not having a menu for quick refrencing jutsus but upon reflection I really like it. I would also like it if there was a way players could teach or share jutsus. For example, let's say i was the leader (or at least apart) of a mean (not necesarily evil) organization and there was a new recruit. Maybe he's kinda weak, or just simply more or less a fresh spawn. Perhaps on a mission (i don't mean a in game mission system, I mean the boss told me to go do something and so I must do it, or he'll be mean to me (kill me very violently)) and the new guy's my partner. Clearly i want to beef the new guy up, so I teach him/show him a jutsu or two he could perform at his level. I would love something like that, beyond the realness and perma death, it adds another reason to be friendly. It could also open the path to perhaps a risk to teaching it. Let's say that new recruit is a dude like Orochimaru, wanting to learn as much jutsu as he can, he acts weak around me, trains in secret and one day when i've taught him all the jutsu I can (or at least say I have) he stabs me in the back and moves on to learn more jutsu. I do not know how well this idea would be accepted, but it would add to the realism. In Naruto, people teach people Jutsu. In real life, people teach others how to do things and the student in both cases is more or less free to do as they please with the Jutsu/skill. Please, consider this. And remeber, knowledge is not power, it is potential power.
  • Character Name: Akemi Akane

Offline J-man

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Ok master the leveling up tehnique is great  but I got this ideea what if they would deal base damage based on the level you have it and bonus damage based on your chackra pool.for example: if you have lets say 200 chackra the x jutsu deals 100+x% of your chackra( not much) so if you train your chakra you can have stronger jutsus overall but not much so that you dont just train your chackra to be 10000000000 and the weakest jutsu instakills xD

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
I agree there should be a stat cap and everything but that sounds good
Meaning has power

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
Problem- If you go for Senjutsu, get unlimited chakra, what then? Every jutsu would be a god jutsu.

The real key here is to train both Chakra and your Jutsu's-

If you train and get more chakra, it will increase the power/damage of your jutsu because the more chakra put into a jutsu, the stronger it is.

Jutsu's have 3 levels, and you train to level the Jutsu up. The higher level the jutsu, the more damage it will do. Do not forget that the higher level the jutsu, the more chakra it will cost, but the more chakra you can focus into the jutsu which will ALSO INCREASE the damage/power of it.

Offline J-man

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
I've got an ideea:to be able to perform a jutsu you must buy/find the scroll l that contains the hand seals and click a button named "learn" so that you dont learn random jutsus when spamming hand seals :D,after you learned the jutsu the  scroll remains with the hand seals and description,get me?Also senjutsu what about not unlimited chakra cuz thats overpowered what about increased strengt speed accuracy,can see stealthed people and also doubles your chackra pool for the given time,cuz infinite chackra isnt just overpowered but it would be a troublemaker with most things :D

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
the idea is that late in the game, when developed enough, you can chose to learn Senjutsu, or a set amount of Forbidden Jutsu's. If you were able to learn more than one Forbidden Jutsu, I feel as though it would counter-act Senjutsu in 'over-poweredness'.

I like the idea of finding scrolls, and learning/training that jutsu from the scroll, I mean, training is the key to power in the game.
However, if you are allowed to buy scrolls, I feel that lower-ranking jutsu scrolls should be sold, nothing near A rank should be sold in regular shops, it'd cause a great unbalance of power, making the game money = power. That's not what Vreg wants. Buying weapons, logs, food pills or food in general and stuff like that, that's what's going to be for sale in-game.

Offline J-man

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
how about being able to learn as many forbidden jutsus as you want but as i said they come with big chakra costs cooldowns and have side effects,they should be very rare and be mostly non elemental tehniques like impure world renincarnation etc and i really dont feel like choosing between senjutsu and forbidden jutsu is that of a great ideea, A "madara" level player should be able to use many forbidden tehniques and senjutsu but as i said senjutsu shouldnt give that infinite chakra that ruins the balance and for the higher rank scrolls i have an ideea:lets say there are characters like a jounin that created his fire pheonix tehnique and hes willing to give the scroll the you if you do he's mission/missions,that wont be easy so you have to be strong enough to survive the task and you can aquire a tehnique.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
Unlimited amount of forbidden jutsu's? There'd be no point, it'd be impossible. Realism is a major part of the game, thus learning Jutsu's will be difficult. You need to train and train and train to become powerful enough to even decide 'Forbidden or Senjutsu?". With that being said, Vreg has posted about only being able to choose one Forbidden Jutsu. I believe he'll change his mind and allow more, but Forbidden Jutsu's /ARE/ forbidden, and while they will most likely not get you introuble, or injure you, they are/will be hard to get. They aren't like other jutsu's with scrolls all over. With realism playing into effect, it should take you a long, long time to even get to the point to choose, and if you do, it should take you a long, long time to master either a forbidden jutsu, or senjutsu. Also, if I am not mistaken, you will only be given unlimited chakra upon /mastering/ senjutsu, and I do believe there will be a time limited 'mode' as to make it less- OP.

Offline thevegetor

• Academy Student Poster
  • thevegetor has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Also I was just thinking about my teaching jutsu idea. After i posted it I was thinking "well...upon reflection that could totally be abused even with perma death." I was just thinking that perhaps me and my friend are in a huge fight and i'm taken out and killed. We were powerful ninjas and taught eachother jutsus we learned up until my death. He lives and we meet up and he just teaches me all my jutsus again. I was talking to my friend about this and we were like, wait a second, i'm a freashly spawned genin, just cause i might know a wicked advanced s-rank jutsu (for example) doesn't mean I can just use it whenever, i'd have to train up my chakra, train my ninjutsu and stuff. My point is that even if you are taught a powerful jutsu, you wouldn't be able to use it 'till later, so it would just be convient not to have to seek it out again or something to that effect.
  • Character Name: Akemi Akane