Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64068
Latest: Julikiq
New This Month: 4161
New This Week: 127
New Today: 24
Stats
Total Posts: 73920
Total Topics: 20768
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 585
Total: 597

Author Topic: If a clan leader dies...  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Chickenllamacactus

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Chickenllamacactus has no influence.
  • Mhmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Rōguhantā        
If a clan leader dies...
« on: December 05, 2014, 06:34:14 »
I know that there has been a lot of posts about clans but my question is what would happen should the clan leader die. would there be an option to pick a successor or will it be picked automatically? Also, what would happen if the leader of a clan gets a kekkei genkai and starts a new clan?

• Character Name: Chickenllamacactus

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
Re: If a clan leader dies...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 06:43:32 »
I'm sure if a clan leader dies the clan members will be able to pick a new leader, and if the clan leader got a kekkei genkai and started a new clan he would be able to pass it on to his clan, through a code which can be entered at character creation, there's no chance of this failing and your character dying, and in game, but for this option there is a chance of it failing and your character dying, you also need someone with high medical ninjutsu to transplant the kekkei genkai, and there's a 0.02% chance of someone getting a kekkei genkai.

Offline Shadow1759

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Shadow1759 has no influence.
  • Greed of the Yugure council, who explodes a lot.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: All About That Clanless Life
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:09:33 »
I think Kai might have tried to explain a little too much in too short of sentences, so I'll try and rephrase it.

This is actually a good question, and I agree with Kai. The clan members will probably be able to choose their next leader.

As for the next question, that is also a good one. I am not really sure myself, but I am assuming that if a clan leader decides to leave his clan and start a new one for a kekkei genkai, then they would choose a new one. However, what I think Kai was trying to say is that it won't be necessary. Your character is determined to get a kekkei genkai at character creation, and it is unlocked at Jonin level. Once you unlock it, you receive 3 special DNA codes you may use on someone else (with a 33% chance of success, if I remember correctly.) So, if a character was a leader of a clan and was a Chunin, then graduates to Jonin level and unlocks a kekkei genkai, they would be able to pass it down their current clan as opposed to just leaving them.

I hope I was able to answer your questions c:
  • Character Name: Sanashi Shimokaze

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 12:59:54 »
As a clan leader, you most likely have someone who you trust enough to succeed you in case you die while you're still alive. We don't even know at the moment whether a clan's leader would be a game mechanic or just a mutual agreed chosen leader by the clan members, no mechanic involved whatsoever.

As for the Kekkei Genkai thing, you get to pick a new family name and thus start a whole new clan. You must leave your old clan though, leader or not.

And you could use the above mentioned 3 codes to try and get 3 members of your old clan into your new one. Then if a code succeeds that guy can just pass it to another 3 persons and so on until you shift all your old clan into your new one. That'd be almost impossible though.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 13:04:10 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 13:28:28 »
just a mutual agreed chosen leader by the clan members, no mechanic involved whatsoever.

In my personal opinion, this should be the case. Let orgs and clans do whatever they want. If they don't want a leader, then they don't need one. If they want elections, make them hold it for themselves. Ya feel.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 16:47:35 »
just a mutual agreed chosen leader by the clan members, no mechanic involved whatsoever.

In my personal opinion, this should be the case. Let orgs and clans do whatever they want. If they don't want a leader, then they don't need one. If they want elections, make them hold it for themselves. Ya feel.
Let me explain you more about clans. The leader of a clan is by default the person who created the clan.

Being a clan leader will allow you to do the following:
  • You can create ranks and appoint them to clan members. You can even make high level ranks for trusted members that gives them extra permissions. Such as a Captain who can promote new clan members to a higher rank. For example promoting a Private to Corporal, this way a clan leader doesn't have to deal with lower ranks directly. Naming of ranks will be completely up to the clan leader.
  • As a clan leader or a member of the clan with a high enough rank, you will be able to banish members from your clan. Being banished means not being part of the official clan memberlist and not having access to stuff like private clan chat. You can also re-recruit banished clan members.
  • You can design a custom clan emblem.
  • You can make your clan open or private. Being open means anyone can take your clan's last name and automatically become part of the clan. Being private means only members with a code can create a character with your clan's last name.
Anyone can leave their clan at any point, they will however keep their last name and not be able to join a different clan. A banished or departed clan member can still be re-recruited by their clan.

When a clan leader leaves his clan, gets killed or is offline for a long period of time, the next highest in rank will be the new appointed leader.

Dismantling a clan won't be possible unless you plan to kill all clan members. However, a clan can still get dismantled if all the members decide to leave it.

And finally, nothing prevents banished clan members from coming together and forming an organization.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 18:37:22 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu