Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 9
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76783
Total Topics: 22326
Most Online Today: 1164
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1061
Total: 1074

Author Topic: Roleplay and Cinematic Behaviour  (Read 2551 times)

Offline SantanosRabi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • SantanosRabi has no influence.
  • Kamui !!!
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
  • Clan: Hazo-Ryu
Roleplay and Cinematic Behaviour
« on: August 01, 2016, 16:38:47 »
Hey, I'm searching for people who I can play online with in a cinematic way. Like if we are attacked, we dont randomly jump and shoot stuff, with wild camera flicking, which loses the point of playing. We pre-arrange to behave in a certain "cool" way. Not moving too much, if it's not needed.

I hope some people have the same idea, It would be amazing to jump around in the game with all these pre-communicated behaviours. Not moving unnaturally, standing still when there is no danger. Moving towards objects only with purpose, and at same time maintaining an effective combat through pre-communicated teamworks. This way you can have both: Being a cinematic character in the game, and still winning your combats.

PLEASE stay in contact with me if you have similar ideas.

• Character Name: Santanos

Offline Manuster

Re: Roleplay and Cinematic Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 17:17:29 »
As lovely as this sounds (I know that sounds sarcastic but it actually isn't xD) - I think it will be problematic trying to roleplay while while actually in serious battle...

Especially with the game going to be so fast paced.

When sparring though it'll make more sense xD

Rather that all out roleplay, actual battle strategies would be easier to work with. I know you basically said the same thing here;

"It would be amazing to jump around in the game with all these pre-communicated behaviours."
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline SantanosRabi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Kamui !!!
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 18:14:42 »
My point is to plan your behaviour BEFORE you even arrive at the battle. And not get into the chaos in the first place (If possible).

I don't want to move unnaturally all the time, even if that means initially I'm going to lose a few more combats until Ive found a way to move naturally and still win or at least "not die". The enjoyment comes from expressing your character during the fights. Not just flicking the camera around wildly, twitching and jumping every 2 seconds, just to win few more combats. But as you said, battle strategies are important to be able to do that.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 18:28:00 by SantanosRabi »

Offline Crono

• Genin Poster
  • Crono has no influence.
  • despacito
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 18:27:02 »
This is hard to do at this stage, however you'll see a lot of this in the full game I believe.

This flicking and twitching you describe is a strategy to win, people will obviously use it.
  • Character Name: Crono Hinode

Offline SantanosRabi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Kamui !!!
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 18:42:34 »
Yeah some people will do it, some won't, some will do a bit of both. In my opinion, without these behaviours, people will shut the PC down earlier than expected, going to bed with a slight touch of dissappointment about SLO. Do you know why? Because when your camera flicking prevents yourself from seeing your own combat animation properly, and at the same time there isn't an abundance of different Jutsus yet, I find it better to develope a Cinematic way of doing your stuff.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 21:19:21 by SantanosRabi »