Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 77021
Total Topics: 22536
Most Online Today: 1182
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1003
Total: 1018
Victorqqh
Google (14)

Author Topic: Name tags.  (Read 9200 times)

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
Name tags.
« on: July 09, 2014, 19:19:48 »
I assume that there will be some sort of name tag thing over characters, but I feel as though there shouldn't be. Over NPCs sure, but not for players. My reasoning for this would be because, if you are a rouge ninja in the Bingo Book, you're probably being hunted by someone, and village probably know that you're evil and need to be taken down. The Bingo Book will have your name and picture, so if everyone has a nametag over them or wherever, then if you walk into a village with your face covered and clothes changed or something, you will still be attacked because they can see your name tag.

Solution: Give players a chat command or key which upon use will make them be 'recognizable' to the single ninja they are looking at. By this I mean that the ninja they are looking at will now be able to see their name, and will recognize them.

What it would do: It would eliminate the BS knowledge of things people shouldn't know. If a rouge ninja walks into a village covered up, no one should know, unless they have seen the rouge ninja change into these clothes, that he is a rouge ninja, or know who he is. Think about spies-- If a spy is working and there are name-tags all the time, someone can simply think "Oh I saw that name on a shinobi working for a different village" boom spy is dead. It eliminates these kinds of BS kills/knowledge and yea.

• Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
Re: Name tags.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 19:32:41 »
We already have planned to give the option of showing/hiding your own name.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 20:29:50 »
That kind of gives it away, though. All normal good village ninja will have it showing, and the rogue/enemies won't. Even if you don't show your name, there's a good chance you are rogue. Anyone not showing their name will be immediately suspicious.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 21:00:19 »
That kind of gives it away, though. All normal good village ninja will have it showing, and the rogue/enemies won't. Even if you don't show your name, there's a good chance you are rogue. Anyone not showing their name will be immediately suspicious.

Exactly.

We already have planned to give the option of showing/hiding your own name.

I applause the team for thinking about the name tags, but it kinda debilitates rouge ninjas/ evil ones, does it not?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 21:07:22 by Xendrus... »

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 02:30:47 »
Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to recognize someone in the game like you would after seeing that person's face in real life, so doing what you're suggesting could become annoying. Every time you'd have to make sure your buddy identifies himself in-game so you know it's him.

The way I see it, letting players choose whether their name is always visible or not is the best option.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 03:13:35 »
In the end, it probably is the best and simplest solution. On or off. In the end, who's going to attack/arrest/kill a ninja in a village if they have their name hidden/disabled? No one, and if they did they themselves would most likely be punished.

conclusion is a conclusion, lock thread plis ^^

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun