Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64400
Latest: Pedroagips
New This Month: 269
New This Week: 30
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 75805
Total Topics: 21608
Most Online Today: 1139
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1101
Total: 1118

Author Topic: Indoors Running Speed  (Read 8919 times)

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
Re: Indoors Running Speed
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 17:04:56 »
I dont think any sensible shinobi would run around indoors in such high velocities. But then I'd say if capping the speed in certain buildings like indoor arenas, halls, dojos,etc. is put up, the players who would be incorporating speed as an important strategy in their gameplay during duels and battles, would be at great disadvantage.
Since speed is going to be a trainable skill, I suggest a fixed percentage of their max speed should be used as their individual indoor speed limit. Probably even the speed limit can vary with the varying sizes of the room. (like snoopy suggested)
For eg. In a dining Hall, the limit is 40%
while in a meeting room, limit is 15%,
Suppose you have trained your speed to 80kmph,
then in that hall, you'd be able to run at 32kmph max.
while in the room, it would be 12kmph.

About the shoulder camera while indoor.. I'd say the zooming control is good enough, so when you're in compact areas, just scroll up and you'd be able to see your character and her/his surroundings.

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 17:28:41 »
But then you'd run the risk of breaking the realism. "Why is my character less capable now then he was ten seconds ago when I was outside?" I think in a rp sense, if someone is running 60km/h indoors (which I don't think many people will have access to without training in the final release), then they will most likely have consequences to face (No running in the halls ting).

Just my input, if it's something that wouldn't be done then don't do it right?

[Spoiler] Barring trolls and stuff ofc [Spoiler/]
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 17:51:33 »
But then you'd run the risk of breaking the realism. "Why is my character less capable now then he was ten seconds ago when I was outside?" I think in a rp sense, if someone is running 60km/h indoors (which I don't think many people will have access to without training in the final release), then they will most likely have consequences to face (No running in the halls ting).

Just my input, if it's something that wouldn't be done then don't do it right?

Spoiler: show
Barring trolls and stuff ofc

Precisely, I'm against the idea of limiting speed. I just suggested if its implemented.
But yeah a warning message is actually a good idea.
So if a guy overspeeds, that warning would pop up (maybe bring this player to halt too). Still, if he continues, the message would pop up each time.. with the same result. Now nobody would like to have their screens spammed with texts I believe. It may workout.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 18:56:26 »
Speed should depend on how much space is available in the building. A small ramen shop should just be default walking speed until you exit, whereas a large structure like a school would have something like 30mp/h running speed.

I was like wow that's a great idea

then I saw this

For eg. In a dining Hall, the limit is 40%
while in a meeting room, limit is 15%,
Suppose you have trained your speed to 80kmph,
then in that hall, you'd be able to run at 32kmph max.
while in the room, it would be 12kmph.

omg an even BETTER idea

seriously tho.

There should be no fighting indoors, and if there is, it should be limited. The exact same goes for running, and possibly, hopfully, jumping.

That IS the most realistic option. It's not a matter of your character being less able, but just of them obeying laws.

If we're going to argue about realism, then any shinobi that runs or jumps indoors should suffer the corresponding damage. IF you jump at speeds that briefly surpass 100km/h into a roof a metre above your head, then that shit will hurt.

After all, that would be the most realistic option...
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Keyn

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 19:00:56 »
I agree
  • Character Name: Keyn

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 21:15:05 »
,,There should be no fighting indoors''.
I dont agree with this.
This will bring in some diversity,you can use your surroundings to your advantage and in a war,you may want to send shinobi into a building first,that are good at close combat.
Then we also got training halls and ambushes that could happen inside buildings.
Buildings shouldnt magically save you from combat either.I dont think that a rogue will care about fighting in a building,because its not polite.
And at this moment,i assume that there will also be buildings outside of the,,main villages''.
Maybe a little hut to explore while travelling,or maybe a shrine.
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • TheStylee has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 21:32:08 »
I dont agree with this.
This will bring in some diversity,you can use your surroundings to your advantage and in a war,you may want to send shinobi into a building first,that are good at close combat.
Then we also got training halls and ambushes that could happen inside buildings.
Buildings shouldnt magically save you from combat either.I dont think that a rogue will care about fighting in a building,because its not polite.
And at this moment,i assume that there will also be buildings outside of the,,main villages''.
Completly agree.An ambush is all about strategy.Think about assasinations,some rogue clan guys that planed to kill some guy to be stopped cuz he wont get out of the ramen shop.Hunting,catching,using terrain jutsu and close combat is some sort of mechanic of the game that make us not being patient till the games is realeased.Inside fighting is one of the basic strategy,to pull out a conclusion.
  • Character Name: TheStylee

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 22:02:04 »
I believe that melee weapons like knives or short swords should be allowed in small buildings, however no jutsu. This will bring some realism into the game, especially for those who want to turn rogue or perform criminal attacks in public.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline hellaseb

• Genin Poster
  • hellaseb has no influence.
  • Fvck Average. You can have that
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Clan: Shizue
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 00:28:12 »
Lmao that just made me realise what chaos it would be to start spawning domes in a small ramen shop xddd
No jutsus, just close combat weapons.
And regarding speed I like that 40%/15% idea
  • Character Name: Hanzo Shizue

Offline Manuster

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 16:16:24 »
I dont agree with this.
Completly agree.An ambush is all about strategy.Think about assasinations,some rogue clan guys that planed to kill some guy to be stopped cuz he wont get out of the ramen shop.Hunting,catching,using terrain jutsu and close combat is some sort of mechanic of the game that make us not being patient till the games is realeased.Inside fighting is one of the basic strategy,to pull out a conclusion.

tsk...fine...I can't disagree with that

as long as it is done the way snoopy suggested, no jutsu only weapons.

which would be a nice way to forcer everyone to learn at least basic bukijutsu

no kage wants to get stabbed in a ramen shop cause they only have a titanic arsenal of ninjutsu
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me