Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 63874
Latest: Ponaldbiz
New This Month: 3967
New This Week: 29
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 73432
Total Topics: 20398
Most Online Today: 998
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 955
Total: 964
Andreaseqp
Google (AdSense) (5)
Google (3)

Author Topic: Jutsu Individuality and Flexibility  (Read 21423 times)

Offline Manuster

Re: Jutsu Individuality and Flexibility
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 02:48:05 »
All i'm saying is, your system takes away the RPG part of the game, if there is only a few jutsus to learn and master for every element that takes away the joy of learning, training and memorizing the jutsu. We need multiple jutsus to learn to get us busy.

NinjaMirage's organization is, "Jutsu Hunter", what jutsu can he hunt lol?

It's not a bad idea but it wouldn't work for SLO.

Wtf

My idea literally adds to the training, learning and mastering of a jutsu.

You have a single jutsu that YOU can tweak to your desired level of perfection. I've removed the linear scale of jutsu and granted each individual their own way to "master" a single jutsu. There is literally no perfect version of each jutsu. Do you realise how diverse that is? A single jutsu has been given limitless iterations!

Instead of grinding to get the best version of a jutsu you have to experiment, use and plan it! And once you find your perfect combination then you have the knowledge that literally no one else has that exact same firebreath jutsu! How is that not more rewarding that "oh golly, I've grinded chakra control more than anyone else"
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sjones has no influence.
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Honō Clan

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 02:56:16 »
"Look at kakashi!! He has the sharingon that allowed him to analyze and copy the jutsu of others but he still needs the chakra control and skills to change the chakra nature and form!! He was able to copy the waterdragon jutsu with equal strength to the one zabuza used!! Even though it was not his jutsu and had never practiced it!! "

He mentioned the sharingan.

"Are you complaining that I'm making it too flexible?

Not only is that a matter of perspective. It would also be utterly impossible for someone to only learn 1 jutsu to fit all their combat needs. And if somebody wanted to, then isn't that their loss and your benefit? Isn't that their choice?"

It can be flexible but every jutsu has a limit just like in Naruto. I gave you an idea of how it can work.
I said something like the fireball should have a limit to size and length but the user should be in control, Let's say you want a bigger fire ball than normal but it has a set size, you should be able to charge it and press once to release when ready. It will make you focus on the using the jutsu more in combat than just spamming it. The basic of the jutsu will be good but if you want to add a little fuck you to it, then make it a little bigger but if you really want to say fuck you, then you got a jutsu for that haha.

An example of a jutsu having it's limit is the chidori, it's short range. You know how Sasuke made it a long range? He made multiple new jutsus based on it for different scenarios, like the, "Chidori Senbon" for long wide range attacks and "Chidori Sharp Spear" for long range accurate attacks.
  • Character Name: Akai hono

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2018, 03:27:47 »
Ok I have a way to fix this flexibility issue with the chakra control system I made before but not with a basic character stats and jutsu stats!!

Looking at all examples of jutsu!! there should be 4 types of jutsu per nature!!
Basic jutsu 15
Linked jutsu 5
Rare jutsu.   3
Forbidden jutus 2
25 jutsu per nature

Basic jutsu are set and low levels
Linked are like shikamaru jutsu of shadow possession!! Where you can activate a new jutsu ontop of an existing jutsu, shadow strangle over possession or stitching over strangle!!
Rare jutsu can have pre sets that can change the size and range but not power
And
Forbidden is obviously leathal or harmful to the caster for increased power or OP Effect!!

However basic class of jutsu should have 3 of each skill rank genin- kage -linked should have 1 of each rank and  rares and fobbidden should be jonin or higher ranks

@Manuster mastering chakra control dose determine what you can learn!! Your characters intelligence determines how fast you learn it!! And How you use it is what makes it unique to you!! You don't need to alter the jutsu to make it unique to you though!! The combination of jutsu you use, where you use them, the ninja tools and Taijutsu you use, and the players you play with will all make your jutsu unique to you!!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:42:23 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • Sjones has no influence.
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Honō Clan

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2018, 04:43:00 »
Let's end it here.
  • Character Name: Akai hono

Offline Manuster

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 17:11:50 »
Just read this thread again...it just might be my favourite idea on this site.

I mean this just sums it up really;

"You have a single jutsu that YOU can tweak to your desired level of perfection. I've removed the linear scale of jutsu and granted each individual their own way to "master" a single jutsu. There is literally no perfect version of each jutsu. Do you realise how diverse that is? A single jutsu has been given limitless iterations!

Instead of grinding to get the best version of a jutsu you have to experiment, use and plan it! And once you find your perfect combination then you have the knowledge that literally no one else has that exact same firebreath jutsu! How is that not more rewarding that "oh golly, I've grinded chakra control more than anyone else"
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline The Cliche Cat

• Academy Student Poster
  • The Cliche Cat has no influence.
  • Work No Yes Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2018, 12:57:20 »
Just read this thread again...it just might be my favourite idea on this site.

I mean this just sums it up really;

"You have a single jutsu that YOU can tweak to your desired level of perfection. I've removed the linear scale of jutsu and granted each individual their own way to "master" a single jutsu. There is literally no perfect version of each jutsu. Do you realise how diverse that is? A single jutsu has been given limitless iterations!

What happens when people learn the metas and just follow the same path that leads to the best iteration of a jutsu? World of Warcraft had a similar thing with talent trees pre-cata. You could put your talent points that you gained every other level into talents that would minorly tweek your stats and sometimes you would be able to learn a new ability the further you went down the talent tree. But this ended up just creating people with the same cookie cutter build because it preformed the best. In theory it was personally customizable but it became something that everyone with your same role and class had.
I do like the idea but how do you make it so people wont copy each other for the best build for a jutsu?
  • Character Name: Mei

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 11:15:25 »
You can’t @The Cliche Cat !
People will always try and copy some style they see that works well. However if instead of tweeking jutsu, if you have a multitude of jutsu that work well you will get a verity of good combination and you won’t be able to predict which one they will use.This is why character customization is so important. That way all jutsu can be the best version and the character skills is what gets better and determined what awesome jutsu you can learn.

Ideally you should be able to some extent choose from a combination of change in forms, chakra nature, chakra power, and focuse to discover jutsu(ninjutsu only, fuinjutsu and genjutsu would have other requirements like formula, imagination, extra) And you could only discover the ones you have the skills to perform. But that apparently is to complicated. So sad!!
So it’s not about grinding the most chakra control, but grinding all your skills.

Now that’s not to say that some jutsu might get better effects the more you use them but That should not be the end all be all of jutsu performance. The combinations of jutsu you can use with the resorses and skills you train should be what makes you unique.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 17:47:02 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Shuninx

• Academy Student Poster
  • Shuninx has no influence.
  • Call my Ryuu.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kinshēdo
  • Organization: Katakiuchi
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 18:25:16 »
I think the hardest thing and at the same time the most interesting thing about this game is how Genjutsu will work. The possibilities are endless if you think about it and it can get very advanced, but then again the Developers might take an easy way out and just make it so you can't move and your screen goes black for a few seconds, I sure hope that doesn't happen. I wonder what they'll eventually do.
  • Character Name: Ryuu Kinshedo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 20:33:31 »
Don’t expect too much!! I had huge hopes for this game and if the kenjutsu is any indication genjutsu will be just as week. It’s like the only thing that they polish is map graphics and ninjutsu. Everything else is unimportant. And that’s just sad.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 12:04:19 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Shuninx

• Academy Student Poster
  • Shuninx has no influence.
  • Call my Ryuu.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kinshēdo
  • Organization: Katakiuchi
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2018, 21:43:13 »
I haven't given up hope yet, I'm just sticking around to see what happens and look at the forums & discord. I just see a lot of potential but I'm not gonna put my hopes too high too avoid disappointment.
  • Character Name: Ryuu Kinshedo