Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 63877
Latest: wiiliam
New This Month: 3970
New This Week: 32
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 73446
Total Topics: 20411
Most Online Today: 998
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 786
Total: 797
Kyliebob
phocohanoi7
wiiliam
Google (AdSense) (3)
Google (4)
Baidu

Author Topic: Retro Games  (Read 23094 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Retro Games
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 22:50:39 »
I've been assured Dorf Fortress is entirely worth the ride, but I don't know if I want to spend the time getting into it. I'll be keeping it installed on my computer till then.

Jedi Academy has some killer mods for sure......perhaps one day I'll download it (After I get my laptop fixed) and we can have a few spars.
We could even use the movie battles mod! Look it up on moddb if you haven't heard of it, it's pretty interesting!

Fancypants. I haven't played the original games (I probably should) but I did play as him in Newgrounds Rumble. Basically a fighting game mashup of all the great flashes made for Newground's anniversary! (Salad Fingers, Alien Hominid, Madness, Pico, etc.)

DF is a relatively niche game - fun fact though, it was actually designed around the concept of its Adventurer Mode first, but they had to add in a full-fledged Fortress Mode in order to grow the world and allow the players to build proper settlements for their adventurers to roam around in; I suppose it's ironic that Adventurer Mode ended up being put on hold for far longer, and will probably always be inferior to the Fortress Mode >_>).

(Looking up Movie Battles Mod)...Holy Shit o_o); and yeah, I'd love to be able to get back into Jedi Academy Multiplayer one day - our I.S.P is pretty bad rural right now, though.

And I haven't played Newgrounds Rumble! I'm consider giving it a try now, though - and you really should play the Fancy Pants originals (I think the third one is a bit laggy, from what I remember...maybe that's just the bad influence of an older PC, though?), you won't regret it! Mostly, anyway XD), some of those platforming elements are...hmm..."S p e c i a l".

Jedi Academy, I still play it from time to time, there are a lot of online servers and there is one special where they have weekly events, tournaments, school of lightsaber dueling, meetings, etc. Like a true academy for Force sensitive...

*Phew*, I was afraid that server might have passed away by now - hopefully it'll still be kicking by the next decade time I get back into it! In the meantime, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the emulator version of DQ5 I recently picked up ^_^); Wheelbrook, Home sweet Home!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 22:52:16 by Dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Borael has no influence.
  • Knowledge is the greatest power
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tremere

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 11:17:36 »
*Phew*, I was afraid that server might have passed away by now - hopefully it'll still be kicking by the next decade time I get back into it! In the meantime, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the emulator version of DQ5 I recently picked up ^_^); Wheelbrook, Home sweet Home!

I have got something for you. ^^

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 14:32:54 »

I have got something for you. ^^

XD), perhaps Boris'll grow into a fine warrior, some day! In the meantime...

https://gyazo.com/65abe61c53e650709cc0fe27a23b9c6c

"Silence, FOOL - the World is my Oyster!"

Oh, @mamita if you ever want some good inspiration to play DF, I'd highly recommend watching a few of the videos by Kruggsmash over on Youtube. His latest series (the desert based fortress of Monsterkiller) is pretty epic ^_^), but his previous works are also pretty cool.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline ali.rafami

• Academy Student Poster
  • ali.rafami has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rhinoclinic.ir
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 10:25:14 »
You do not simply ask a man this question.

Agreed >_); also, LEGO games are awesome in general - they're just that good.

I actually have a very long list of games I've played and would like to play in the future, but for the sake of time, I'll only pop in the ones I think top the list, so to speak. The 'condensed' list goes as follows:

Strategy:
     Dwarf Fortress
     Total War: Medieval II
     Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Simulator
     Devil Survivor

Action/Adventure:
     Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
     Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
     The ElderScrolls IV: Oblivion
     Magicka
     Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
     Star Trek: Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates
     Star Wars Battlefront 1&2 (NOT -and this is very important- EA Battlefront 1&2)
     Halo 1&2
     Broforce
     Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars
     Westerado
     Joint Operations: Escalation
     Fancypants
     Pokemon Blue
     Thief II: The Metal Age
     SUPERHOT
     Hatfall
     Electric Man 2

Puzzle Platformer:
     Tiny Thief
     Bloxorz
     Earth Worm Jim
     Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth
i love Total War: Medieval II,I remember This was the second Total War game I played, the first being Rome, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I loved this game even more. Many improvements were made for this game, such as militia units, fortresses, larger unit queues, and more advanced diplomacy. Like any game, this one has its faults (e.g. bugs, bad AI), but overall it was a very fun game to play. I very much enjoyed the addition of castles and upgradable turrets, which offered a much more secure defense for contested areas, as well as the introduction of traders, which can be very useful for developing strong economies. I'd definitely recommend this game to anyone who likes strategy games, especially fans of the Total War franchise.

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Borael has no influence.
  • Knowledge is the greatest power
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tremere

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 09:47:30 »
i love Total War: Medieval II,I remember This was the second Total War game I played, the first being Rome, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I loved this game even more. Many improvements were made for this game, such as militia units, fortresses, larger unit queues, and more advanced diplomacy. Like any game, this one has its faults (e.g. bugs, bad AI), but overall it was a very fun game to play. I very much enjoyed the addition of castles and upgradable turrets, which offered a much more secure defense for contested areas, as well as the introduction of traders, which can be very useful for developing strong economies. I'd definitely recommend this game to anyone who likes strategy games, especially fans of the Total War franchise.

As I can see that you enjoy strategies, my recommendation for you is the game which hit the light at 2004 known as Crusader Kings.
Dynasty stuff is done so greatly in there. Of course, there is a new one that came out at 2012 and it has much better graphic, more details, a lot more fractions, goals, missions, but first Crusader Kings...was something that I enjoyed so much. You can start as a simple Duke and later on if you are wise enough to become even Emperor.

Try it...you won't regret. :)

Offline Manuster

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 12:14:53 »
i liked minesweeper
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline ali.rafami

• Academy Student Poster
  • ali.rafami has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rhinoclinic.ir
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 17:48:15 »

As I can see that you enjoy strategies, my recommendation for you is the game which hit the light at 2004 known as Crusader Kings.
Dynasty stuff is done so greatly in there. Of course, there is a new one that came out at 2012 and it has much better graphic, more details, a lot more fractions, goals, missions, but first Crusader Kings...was something that I enjoyed so much. You can start as a simple Duke and later on if you are wise enough to become even Emperor.

WOW,thanks my friend,nice recommendation   ;)

Offline Jojoj0

• Genin Poster
  • Jojoj0 has no influence.
  • I like to make music. :)
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 06:00:36 »

WOW,thanks my friend,nice recommendation   ;)
If you like Crusader Kings 1 and 2, try the rest of the Paradox grand strategy games, as well (Europa Universalis 1-4, Victoria 1 & 2, Hearts of Iron 1-4, Stellaris).
  • Character Name: Uhhhhh... Jojo, probably.

*shmoney dances out of Konoha*

Offline ppu-prof_or

• Genin Poster
  • ppu-prof_or has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
    • Утепление дома снаружи цена москва
  • Clan: ppu-prof_or
  • Organization: FBI
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2024, 18:01:09 »
Наша группа квалифицированных мастеров проштудирована выдвинуть вам современные технологии, которые не только подарят прочную покров от заморозков, но и преподнесут вашему зданию элегантный вид.
Мы практикуем с современными составами, сертифицируя прочный время использования и замечательные решения. Теплоизоляция фронтонов – это не только экономия ресурсов на обогреве, но и заботливость о экологической обстановке. Экономичные инновации, какие мы применяем, способствуют не только твоему, но и сохранению природных ресурсов.
Самое главное: Сколько стоит работа утепление фасада у нас составляет всего от 1250 рублей за квадратный метр! Это доступное решение, которое преобразит ваш жилище в действительный приятный местечко с минимальными тратами.
Наши произведения – это не исключительно изолирование, это создание пространства, в где любой элемент символизирует ваш собственный моду. Мы примем во внимание все твои требования, чтобы преобразить ваш дом еще более гостеприимным и привлекательным.
Подробнее на https://www.ppu-prof.ru/
Не откладывайте занятия о своем квартире на потом! Обращайтесь к квалифицированным работникам, и мы сделаем ваш корпус не только теплее, но и моднее. Заинтересовались? Подробнее о наших проектах вы можете узнать на веб-ресурсе. Добро пожаловать в пределы удобства и стандартов.
  • Character Name: Утепление коттеджа снаружи цена
Заказывайте утепление фасадов в москве у команды профессионалов с 15 летним опытом!