Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64061
Latest: Julidio
New This Month: 4154
New This Week: 120
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73877
Total Topics: 20755
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 807
Total: 819
titlesuitsai
Seo-Ul-nor
Vreg
Google (AdSense)
Google (8)

Author Topic: Kenjutsu(Sword's combat):I Thought about a better way to make it(in my opinion).  (Read 18495 times)

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Not sitting back and making slow,direction based attacks,observing your opponent while slowly circling around

Shikamaru......mmmm😐😐 but i get where Tameshi's coming from the game is based of Naruto an anime, a fast paced, blood pounding anime lol

but hey let's wait and see what Vreg says or what's released in FG cause in all fairness I slightly agree with Tameshi  by disagreeing with your idea, I'm not saying it's bad but the way you say it kinda brings my thoughts to for honor

Unless
Your idea is pretty much you saying that whenever you start a combo or are in the middle of a flurry/attack you could press directions to change the flow of your attack, for example if your opponent dodges backwards you could charge in and follow in on your attack or something like then i don't mind but if your saying i have to direct wvery siiingle attack...hell naww bwuh
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

I would like to see directional attacks for the starting hits. For example for bothe tiejutsu and Kenjutsu you should be able to do dash forward
Knockup , throw back and sweep down knocking them to the ground- this would always enter a hard for both players with the largest range.
Grapple combos would also be able to be used after this first hit.

All the others
up -would knock them into the air fallowed by trained combos

Dash- would increase damage and knock back
Combos

Throw- fallowed by trains combos aka pin ball kicks and distance effect combos.

This could all be done at the desired speed and could make the Taijutsu and Kenjutsu count fun and requiring skill to use effectively.

Just haveing combos will not be enuph to make people fight up close. Both close combat styles should force the target In To close combat. Thus limiting there abuility to run away and jump  Dodge all the attacks.  Combos that attack a player in the air should also knock them to the ground and force them in to this close combat system.  Just my 2 cents.

Offline Kanji Ohayashi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Kanji Ohayashi has no influence.
  • Academy Student
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Heizugakure -The Hidden Haze Village
This is a good idea, I was hoping somebody would suggest something for kenjutsu as it could be applied interestingly and quite enjoyably if done right. Also, my rp char is kenjutsu based and I had no ideas of my own, hehe. ;P

Offline Ferros456

• Academy Student Poster
  • Ferros456 has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue
    • View Profile
In my humble opinion directional combat for Kenjutsu wouldn't work as well as you would think. In games such as For Honor and Mount and blade there is directional sword combat but both games are a lot slower paced then SLO should be. For Honor has a hard locking system which wouldn't work in a MMO as you could possibly be faced with several enemies and with the quick pace of SLO this wouldn't be as smooth as you think.

Mount and blade also uses directional combat but just like For Honor the game is slow paced. If you really want to make the combat better you should focus on making mechanics like parrying for weapons and making a fast, strong and dashing strikes. Hand to hand combat should definitely not be directional as it would make it nearly impossible to hit someone. At the end of the day SLO is a mmo which would have many players on a server therfore even if you made great directional combat mechanics there would be ping issues involved where players would be at a major disadvantage if there ISP hates them.

As I said this is my humble opinion so please don't kill me :D
  • Character Name: Rett

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

All options are welcome!!! But I was imagining Two stances.

A one on one locking the opponents in to combat system and a aoe stance consisting of types of combos, Capoeira and TKD can both defend against multiple opponents. But if your able to keep one attacker close to you it will prevent the others from using wide range jutsu because friendly fire is a thing

Offline theone111

• Academy Student Poster
  • theone111 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
I agree with this suggestion. It will be more fun with more ways of using sword like we can add chakra in sword while attacking to give more damage and increase speed of sword
  • Character Name: Gagan

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • Suroshi has no influence.
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
I think with Kenjutsu the attacks should be like the jutsu attacks.. you wouldnt be able to lock on to a target since that isnt possible in real life and the kenjutsu attacks  would require a trigger/hothey you would have basic sword movements. On Imvu with swordplay there are 10 different triggers we use for sword strikes.. But clearly that would be too many triggers for SLO Kenjutsu I'd suggest using controls like the arrow keys.. Up arrow would be a dashing strike, left arrow left attack, right arrow right attack, back arrow key is a block which would only block other kenjutsu attacks, not jutsu attacks..and I figure since awsd are the movement controls holding tab while sword striking could allow you a combo move for extra damage which would also take more chakra to do and the combo's would differ by which combination of left right and up arrow keys you hit.. Of course some type of limit would have to be placed on it, its not like you can spam the arrows and perform an ultimate combo. But this is just my opinion on it.
  • Character Name: Suroshi

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
Another idea I had about Kenjutsu isnt really about swordfighting but the use of shuriken and kunai for range, or even kunai-paperbombs.. I'll just throw that idea out here since its closer related to Kenjutsu.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

I think with Kenjutsu the attacks should be like the jutsu attacks.. you wouldnt be able to lock on to a target since that isnt possible in real life and the kenjutsu attacks  would require a trigger/hothey you would have basic sword movements. On Imvu with swordplay there are 10 different triggers we use for sword strikes.. But clearly that would be too many triggers for SLO Kenjutsu I'd suggest using controls like the arrow keys.. Up arrow would be a dashing strike, left arrow left attack, right arrow right attack, back arrow key is a block which would only block other kenjutsu attacks, not jutsu attacks..and I figure since awsd are the movement controls holding tab while sword striking could allow you a combo move for extra damage which would also take more chakra to do and the combo's would differ by which combination of left right and up arrow keys you hit.. Of course some type of limit would have to be placed on it, its not like you can spam the arrows and perform an ultimate combo. But this is just my opinion on it.

I disagree with the lock on part. This happens automatically when your ingaged in close combat with a threat. Wether you have a weapon or using your fists. Your eyes are always fixed on the target. Looking for eather an opening to attack or a opening to escape.

At very least this suggests that the camera would auto lock the or more players within a certain range. And you would not be able to look around outside that range until you creat some distance between you and the target.

I have no problems with the arrow keys being used for this type of combat if I don't have to control a camera as well!!
Trying to go back and forth between mouse and keyboard mid combo is not somthing I'm going to want to do.

And if you don't think hard locks happen in real life then look at this!!
http://imgur.com/gallery/m4zeRFS
If that lion dose not see a green arrow above the kids head when he crowches then I'm the president of the USA!!

Another idea I had about Kenjutsu isnt really about swordfighting but the use of shuriken and kunai for range, or even kunai-paperbombs.. I'll just throw that idea out here since its closer related to Kenjutsu.
they are both part of a lager category called Bukijutsu. this encompasses all weapons and ninja tools used!! 
This will likely be the name of the skill tree with branches for the different types in game.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:49:02 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
I dont like the idea of any type of auto locks because it takes away from aiming skill, I believe if you want to deal damage you should at least have the skill to do so.. I also dont like the idea of SLO following a classic style  mmo or console game.. But thats just me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

I dont like the idea of any type of auto locks because it takes away from aiming skill, I believe if you want to deal damage you should at least have the skill to do so.. I also dont like the idea of SLO following a classic style  mmo or console game.. But thats just me

I agree with this for any kind of ranged combat.
But with all the different posable ranged jutsu available, barriers, and Genjutsu( movement imparting) attacks, if your SKILLED enough to get up close to use a Taijutsu or Kenjutsu attack then I say that you have earned a target assist if not a full on hard lock.

There is nothing about SLO that is classic anything. If you think about MMORPG games, you have classes of characters that use set attack styles and do set damages. SLO has none of that!! Before you start talking about the direction SLO will be going in I suggest you Reed up on what is already planed!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 20:20:44 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
I completely disagree I feel adding any type of automatic aim or a camera lock at all takes away from the skill of actually aiming and timing attacks your self.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

I think it takes more skill to use defensive abuility and combos rather then force week combos because you have to worry about targeting.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

yea @Whirlwindboy78  we know that currently the kenjutsu is really kind of week but we are discussing what we want to see as far as kenjutsu goes in the final game. but like you said avoiding the attack is not as important as being able to counter and block the attacks. being able to force the focus of a player in a squad to fight up close is an essential team strategy in a game with friendly fire.

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
I am sure our suggestions really dont matter in the end the team of devs working on the game have their own ideas that im sure they will implicate, they know Kenjutsu is lacking but it's some what of a newer release and will come with flaws all issues will be smoothed out in the end