Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64403
Latest: JamesMen
New This Month: 272
New This Week: 33
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 75845
Total Topics: 21645
Most Online Today: 1139
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 967
Total: 978
Kyliebob
EdithSoure
Veronaohu
Google (AdSense)
Google (6)
Baidu

Author Topic: Hand to hand combat  (Read 8029 times)

Offline Lasher

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Lasher has no influence.
  • Naruto fan for life
    • View Profile
Hand to hand combat
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:34:33 »
Will everyones animations be the same or will you be able to chose from different styles. I wasnt sure but I believe that it would look a little dumb having everyone doing the same punches and kicks of course not right now anyway any fighting to me would be awesome

• Character Name: Lasher

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: Hand to hand combat
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:14:45 »
Well, Vreg said that in the beggining you'll be able to set some points similar to this:
Databook       Ninjutsu   Taijutsu   Genjutsu    Intelligence    Strength    Speed   Stamina   Hand seals    Total
Second        3.5               1.5         2.5          4                   1         2         2.5           4              21

So basically I think you'll be able to chose a specialization in any of the three:
-Ninjutsu
-Genjutsu
-Taijutsu
I think for example that each of these specialization will have things that can't be done by others, like for example a taijutsu user will have some moves that won't be achievable by the others.
Again this is just what I THINK don't rely on it too much!!!!!
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Lasher

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Naruto fan for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 08:26:36 »
ok but I was thinking more like when you got your skill up to a certain point you would be able to pick a certain style then go off of that cause I mean I can see it people using that same skill when using like a sword or something but not when it come to martial ability cause their is all kinds of different styles in naruto but I know I cant be thinking to far ahead with this

Offline Lasher

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Naruto fan for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 08:29:33 »
well now that I think about it there really is no way to have everyone have their own fighting style but to just have a few different ones makes alot more sense for a mmo lol

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
  • justforbusiness has no influence.
  • Kusogakure shall rise again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 10:56:13 »
Well, Vreg said that in the beggining you'll be able to set some points similar to this:
Databook       Ninjutsu   Taijutsu   Genjutsu    Intelligence    Strength    Speed   Stamina   Hand seals    Total
Second        3.5               1.5         2.5          4                   1         2         2.5           4              21

So basically I think you'll be able to chose a specialization in any of the three:
-Ninjutsu
-Genjutsu
-Taijutsu
I think for example that each of these specialization will have things that can't be done by others, like for example a taijutsu user will have some moves that won't be achievable by the others.
its ok!!! dont get so tense!! O_O we wont kill you!!

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 10:57:03 »

-Ninjutsu
-Genjutsu
-Taijutsu
Wut??

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 10:58:01 »

-Ninjutsu
-Genjutsu
-Taijutsu
Wut??
idk by the way you wrote it u sound tense :P

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 10:59:31 »

-Ninjutsu
-Genjutsu
-Taijutsu
Wut??
idk by the way you wrote it u sound tense :P
Ugh maybe...

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 11:00:14 »
I think it'd be interesting to have different combos. Combos of different strength and similar strength but different animation depending on some factors
such as character gender/rank  etc.

But yeah you certainly are looking so far ahead.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 11:03:00 »
I think it'd be interesting to have different combos. Combos of different strength and similar strength but different animation depending on some factors
such as character gender/rank  etc.

But yeah you certainly are looking so far ahead.
it will also be cool if you cvan make different combos by making different combinations of keys  that stand for punches and kicks like in the game
"Rumble Fighter"

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 14:20:24 »
This is all very abstract, but we're going to have something called a jutsu level. This will be divided into 3 categories. Ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu. The more you use a certain category, the more experience you get for that category and once you level up (e.g. in ninjutsu) you get ninjutsu points. These points can be used to learn new ninjutsu. Same goes for taijutsu, using that will increase taijutsu experience and thus give you taijutsu points. You can use this to learn new taijutsu skills (e.g. new combos). But regular taijutsu is the same for everyone, I don't have Rockstar or Ubisoft up my sleeve for an extensive combo based hand to hand combat system.

Regarding character creation, you'll get to choose some natural characteristics for your character. For instance, a character that is exceptionally good at ninjutsu, or one that has more than average chakra, or a character with a lot of speed. It is up to you to determine what natural born characteristics your character will have. You can balance things out or make your character exponentially good at something at the cost of something else. In case of a character that is exeptionally good at taijutsu, I can only imagine more damage coming from his attacks rather than him having different combos.

A balanced character will look something like this:

Ninjutsu: 5
Taijutsu: 5
Genjutsu: 5
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Chakra: 5
Total: 5
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 14:34:38 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 14:33:20 »
that sounds perfect. i will play it even if u only get to do a simple straight punch and kick cause this is not the big idea here there are more important things