Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 9
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76784
Total Topics: 22327
Most Online Today: 1164
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1049
Total: 1064
EdithSoure
Bogdanrqx
Google (AdSense)
Google (8)
Baidu (4)

Author Topic: Speed after taking off weights  (Read 8952 times)

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
Re: Speed after taking off weights
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 20:45:00 »
@granit It does both, it increases your speed and stamina. However, when you take them off, you will get a little buff, that makes you super speedy. The speedyness won't last forever, as your stamina will run out.
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 21:29:17 »
IK that it increases both.
And the buff that makes you fast is not real , It just makes you feel fast.
But im talking about rl not the game.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 21:37:37 »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 22:20:37 »
When you put weights on you'll get stronger. When you take them off you'll be much quicker and agile than when you put them on.
You should sustain this newly found speed and stamina until you start training again.
That is what would happen in real life and Naruto.
That is the sole point I'm trying to make.
If you got quicker than your stamina skill would suggest, everyone would wear weights until they have a fight.

People would no longer use weights to train, just to use as an advantage when taken off.
Your speed should increase, but it should stay the amount it has increased.

Yes I know I've repeated myself.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 22:37:51 »
When you put weights on you'll get stronger. When you take them off you'll be much quicker and agile than when you put them on.
You should sustain this newly found speed and stamina until you start training again.
That is what would happen in real life and Naruto.
That is the sole point I'm trying to make.
If you got quicker than your stamina skill would suggest, everyone would wear weights until they have a fight.

People would no longer use weights to train, just to use as an advantage when taken off.
Your speed should increase, but it should stay the amount it has increased.

Yes I know I've repeated myself.

That's what I'm trying to say.

While you're wearing your stamina depletes faster and speed goes down.
This should be a training method. I said that 3 times already.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 23:43:15 »
I was talking to Seyi, Granit :)
Your points were very nice and they made more sense than mine, I just wanted to confirm it.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 04:49:16 »
@granit In your logic, then the inhuman speed would need to slightly increase by hundredths with special training, because remember that 70 km/h is going to be amazingly rare in the SLO world. I mean, it does makes sense, even athletes decrease their timing by milliseconds with years of training. I just think it might unbalance the game a little bit.

What i do support however is that you can run even faster by focusing your chakra on your feet/legs... but this is another whole idea
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 05:39:30 »
I had to make an input.- The limit of human perception: There is no reason to show more frames per second than the viewer can perceive. The exact limit of human motion perception is still up for scientific debate, but it is generally agreed that there is an upper threshold after which people can’t appreciate the difference.

If you all wish to have inhumane speed, you will definitely not get that. Because, you will not be able to perceive it of course. It goes to say without implication that:
  • You will not be able to control it
  • You will not perceive it correctly.
THANK YOU!!!!! Finally someone understands my view, imagine you take your weights off after training and you run through an obstacle course, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to run through EACH and every obstacle. It is just too difficult to control high speed. Have you ever played FT with 100 speed? Imagine that speed.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 07:36:35 »
I had to make an input.- The limit of human perception: There is no reason to show more frames per second than the viewer can perceive. The exact limit of human motion perception is still up for scientific debate, but it is generally agreed that there is an upper threshold after which people can’t appreciate the difference.

If you all wish to have inhumane speed, you will definitely not get that. Because, you will not be able to perceive it of course. It goes to say without implication that:
THANK YOU!!!!! Finally someone understands my view, imagine you take your weights off after training and you run through an obstacle course, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to run through EACH and every obstacle. It is just too difficult to control high speed. Have you ever played FT with 100 speed? Imagine that speed.

In FT, such speed would only serve as a way to escape. In the final SLO however,  we don't know what the "speed" skill will serve as. There could be many skills that could be trained with the weights Let's say Seyi's been training the "speed" skill for months, this speed also server for dodging attacks more often, attack speed, sealing speed, reactions...etc.

But if you're only talking about the running speed, then I believe such speeds could be used to flee from strong enemies, win possible race events [if such thing would ever exist], And if in some future the movement speed and attacking methods are to be modified, speed could become essential. You can't use Gaara vs Lee fight as an example since controls won't enable you to move in such ways, close-male fights will most likely be face to face fights without moving at all unless it's a pursuit. If you take FT as an example you see that such speed is actually quite hard to hit someone and fights would be lengthy and combos/set of hits wouldn't be possible.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 08:47:08 »

In FT, such speed would only serve as a way to escape. In the final SLO however,  we don't know what the "speed" skill will serve as. There could be many skills that could be trained with the weights Let's say Seyi's been training the "speed" skill for months, this speed also server for dodging attacks more often, attack speed, sealing speed, reactions...etc.

But if you're only talking about the running speed, then I believe such speeds could be used to flee from strong enemies, win possible race events [if such thing would ever exist], And if in some future the movement speed and attacking methods are to be modified, speed could become essential. You can't use Gaara vs Lee fight as an example since controls won't enable you to move in such ways, close-male fights will most likely be face to face fights without moving at all unless it's a pursuit. If you take FT as an example you see that such speed is actually quite hard to hit someone and fights would be lengthy and combos/set of hits wouldn't be possible.
Exactly (btw I already said about the fleeing thing but whatever XD) and I never thought of speed being a factor in things other than running XP so thank you for making me see that :)
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 10:39:50 »

I was talking to Seyi, Granit :)
Your points were very nice and they made more sense than mine, I just wanted to confirm it.

Lol sorry.

@granit In your logic, then the inhuman speed would need to slightly increase by hundredths with special training, because remember that 70 km/h is going to be amazingly rare in the SLO world. I mean, it does makes sense, even athletes decrease their timing by milliseconds with years of training. I just think it might unbalance the game a little bit.

What i do support however is that you can run even faster by focusing your chakra on your feet/legs... but this is another whole idea

Like I said earlier , I'm talking about this while being as realistic as possible.
But I'm not talking about inhumane speed , but normal speed.
I was just pointing out that it should be a training method.