Forum > Naruto Fanworks

The Sabre of Heizugakure

(1/5) > >>

America:
The adventure of Makino Yosai begins here.

It was neither my duty nor right to accept the Sabre of Heizugakure. I wish to make that very clear here. Yusuke had pronounced me the next Kage on his deathbed; it wasn't legal, yet his words carried power and influence. The commander of the anbu immediately hailed me as the lawful eleventh Kage of Heizugakure. The other military officers were less certain of what actions to take. No Kage had been chosen by his predecessor without an election first, but, the tenth’s massive sway over the village and its people legitimized my claim in the eyes of the junior officers.

I scratched my forehead and swept my hair to the sides of my face. My head nodded passively as I pondered what to do in this situation. My hand reached up to chew the already worn nails of my calloused hands, but it stopped before its destination. My head turned around, peaking outside of the tent to see the Sabre of Heizugakure firmly planted into the ground. Maeda’s first division had gathered around the command tent, waiting for the outcome of this ad hoc meeting. Nobody dared to get closer than a few feet to the sword. They all had puzzled looks on their faces. Does the campaign end here? Do we disband this army after just one battle?

I acted by impulse. These men needed their Kage now more than ever. Heizugakure had not lost a battle in a long damn time under the leadership of Yusuke. This most recent battle ended in a decisive victory. For the Eastern Coalition. The allied contingent from Hokorigakure was absolutely demolished, suffering a casualty rate of about 85%. The last of their one hundred and fifty or so troops would no doubt be disbanded and sent home. Only a miracle could ever coerce more reinforcements in the future.

I nodded and grunted in approval of a statement nobody had made. The sun was brutal on the Plains of Ribo. My eyes squinted as I strolled outside to the bottom of the hill that protected us from our enemy’s sight. About two hundred curious eyes watched my movements. I looked around at them, their light red vests and steel armbands identifying them clearly as Heizugakure shinobi. Nearby shinobi kneeled as I moved closer to the blade. This rippled throughout the rest of the gathered troops, I could now see the depth of this body of people. Perhaps five hundred men and women of standing threw themselves to the dirt before me. It was not custom to kneel even to the Kage; they are the representative of the people, not royalty. If I took up this sword, would I be more than a Kage? A lord? A king? An emperor?

No matter; that could be decided later. As of now, I would be the supreme commander of this army. Some of the nearby shinobi raised their head to watch as I reached out to the sabre. The air between my hand and the hilt crackled with blue chakra. When my finger touched the grip, pure power blew the surrounding dirt and dust into the sky. I went a step further and completely grasped the handle, despite the sensation of my arm being ripped apart. I could barely find the strength to remove it from the ground; but alas, it came free and I held it up, beckoning to the heavens above. I wouldn't have been surprised if lightning struck from the cloudless sky. Thankfully it didn't.

After holding the Sabre of Heizugakure towards to the sky for a few moments, a roar erupted from the mob of shinobi. They jumped to their feet and held their clenched fists up high in solidarity. A grin came across my face as reality sank in. These soldiers cared not for politics and elections; and that I, Makino Yosai, was the eleventh Heizukage by their approval.

Feel free to leave your opinions or any suggestions.

Mars:
Nicely written, not too long to bore me, laid out nicely.
8/10

Diamond Lee:
Is this just a cheeky little story or does it have foundations in the lore and does/will it affect it?

I still don't know all the lores too well and I've noticed that many of them contradict each other so I was wondering if this was based on SLO lore or not.

Tsunayoshi:

--- Quote from: Diamond Lee on October 11, 2016, 21:36:52 ---Is this just a cheeky little story or does it have foundations in the lore and does/will it affect it?

I still don't know all the lores too well and I've noticed that many of them contradict each other so I was wondering if this was based on SLO lore or not.

--- End quote ---
It's the lore about me...

This was kinda deep, way too many feelings and back&forth here & there. Overall a very good read tho.

America:
I don't know what Tsuna is on about, I haven't read his character story so maybe this is similar; but this is the first part of a story I've been writing recently

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version