Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64455
Latest: kelvinw021
New This Month: 324
New This Week: 85
New Today: 13
Stats
Total Posts: 76583
Total Topics: 22129
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1076
Total: 1089

Author Topic: Adding Elements  (Read 15485 times)

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • AugustRed has no influence.
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Elements
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 03:32:18 »
I'm all for skill and shit, but come on there have been people who survived simply because they had better weapons/equipment than the other guy. Best example of this is the Baki vs Hayate fight. Hayate should of won that (R.I.P you badass) but this ain't the time to discuss that. I just feel like the armor/swords I have 3 months into the game shouldn't be completely equal to something some noob could pick up 5 minutes from spawning in to the game. Equipment definitely needs to have stat boosts and if you guys don't like that idea then you need get some yourself, lel. 

if you trained well enough then no a noob would be on your level def wise.... clothes and weapons have different boost so they are different. " I just feel like the armor/swords I have 3 months into the game shouldn't be completely equal to something some noob could pick up 5 minutes from spawning in to the game" thats not even a good example, ofc the noob wont be no where near your skill if you do what you're suppose to do. but its vregs choice anyway.

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 21:04:26 »
I'm all for skill and shit, but come on there have been people who survived simply because they had better weapons/equipment than the other guy. Best example of this is the Baki vs Hayate fight. Hayate should of won that (R.I.P you badass) but this ain't the time to discuss that. I just feel like the armor/swords I have 3 months into the game shouldn't be completely equal to something some noob could pick up 5 minutes from spawning in to the game. Equipment definitely needs to have stat boosts and if you guys don't like that idea then you need get some yourself, lel. 

if you trained well enough then no a noob would be on your level def wise.... clothes and weapons have different boost so they are different. " I just feel like the armor/swords I have 3 months into the game shouldn't be completely equal to something some noob could pick up 5 minutes from spawning in to the game" thats not even a good example, ofc the noob wont be no where near your skill if you do what you're suppose to do. but its vregs choice anyway.

It isn't "Vreg's choice" it's our choose as a whole community, so you can get that out of your head. Saying my opinion "wasn't even a good example" is pointless because you did nothing to say why, you're just making false statements. Try again.
Also, all the skill in the world goes right out the window when you're dealing with 2-3 opponents who have damn near the same stats as you do, as most boosts come from player's equipment in other MMOs.
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline thevegetor

• Academy Student Poster
  • thevegetor has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 22:52:19 »
Personally I think that the clothes shouldn't give stat boosts. perhaps special clothes like some legendary shinobi mask or something and even that should give a minimal boost. I think that someone who just spawned in should be able to be in direct competition with some one who has been on for a while, the only difference being the skill and power the one who was on longer had obtained through training and experience, not just 'cause the older one has "boots of extreme speed" "shirt of mediocre defense" and "headband of chakra concentration." 
  • Character Name: Akemi Akane

Offline hammarsten1991

• Academy Student Poster
  • hammarsten1991 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 23:28:53 »
i think the only boost armor or clothing should give is how much damage the armor or clothing can take before it breaks, so maby it can save u from 1-3 big smashes to the head if you have the headband but not mor then that, so not like "okey guys this is my new underwear it gives my 10 + dmg and fire resistance!" get me right! ;D
  • Character Name: Rikin

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • AugustRed has no influence.
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 11:49:04 »

It isn't "Vreg's choice" it's our choose as a whole community, so you can get that out of your head. Saying my opinion "wasn't even a good example" is pointless because you did nothing to say why, you're just making false statements. Try again.
Also, all the skill in the world goes right out the window when you're dealing with 2-3 opponents who have damn near the same stats as you do, as most boosts come from player's equipment in other MMOs.

At the end of the day it is his choice, we are just giving suggestion, if you wasnt too busy typing and ignoring fact you would know.

And your opinion wasnt a good example, point is I dont need to say why bc its pretty obv. Try again

All the skill in the world doesnt go out the window. If you need to rely on armour buffs then you have no skill to began with and maybe you should die and have to start over. Even in a regular MMO, if you're getting attacked by 2-3 players with the same near stats your gonna lose anyway.

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 21:38:34 »

At the end of the day it is his choice, we are just giving suggestion, if you wasnt too busy typing and ignoring fact you would know.

And your opinion wasnt a good example, point is I dont need to say why bc its pretty obv. Try again

All the skill in the world doesnt go out the window. If you need to rely on armour buffs then you have no skill to began with and maybe you should die and have to start over. Even in a regular MMO, if you're getting attacked by 2-3 players with the same near stats your gonna lose anyway.

Ok, since you're not making any effort anymore, neither will I. Dude, your argument sucks! LOL I win, try again!
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 21:49:59 »
Ok, I think both parties have stated their opinions on the matter and there is nothing else that can be discussed in this thread. Once a decision about gear having stats or not will be taken, it will be announced on the forum.

I will lock this thread to prevent this argument from escalating.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 21:52:59 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland