Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 3
Stats
Total Posts: 77042
Total Topics: 22557
Most Online Today: 1182
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1115
Total: 1130

Author Topic: Chapter 3: Shock-horror. [Nibui Akagi]  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Chapter 3: Shock-horror. [Nibui Akagi]
« on: September 08, 2016, 00:09:39 »

Chapter 3:
Shock-horror
If you want to read the second chapter, click here

The morning sun was proudly glazing the horizon with its rays of light and hope. Birds were bouncing back and forth from branch to branch as they gracefully chirped at one another. Children were enjoying themselves in the green plains and farmers were harvesting crops for the winter to come.

Moments had passed before the sky turned grey and the clouds took the form of large red mush. The sparrows that were moments ago blissfully singing to each other now harness the appearance of battered crows screeching without rhythm, they were tearing chunks of flesh from each other with eyes of grimace and devoid of mercy. Their blood was staining the rotting bark which was once embedded into gorgeous cherry-blossom trees – it was slowly dripping on the dried out grass beneath it.

The children were frozen in motion as their faces began to peel off like old paint. Beneath the peels lay the faces of the deceased Naga clan troops who once fought for power and glory before Nibui’s betrayal on them. Their faces were covered in blood and their heads were scarred from kunai blades and shuriken. One ninja had a burn mark around his neck, thick enough to have been a rope for hanging. Gradually every troop broke out of their child host and began fast-walking towards Nibui’s house in a rigid way, staggering back and forth until they reached the door.

It wasn’t long before the wooden blockade was penetrated and destroyed by the un-invited guests. Wooden planks creaked as the shinobi from the clan fled upwards the stairs directly into Nibui’s room where he was found eyes wide open, unable to move or speak. There were eight of them, all surrounding the occupied bed, the presumable leader of the squad leant forward close up to Nibui’s face.

Awarena!
T-This can’t be! You’re dead!... all of you!

Nibui wrestled with his mind in attempts to get up and take action, but his body rejected his decisions.

“Look what you’ve done to us!” Awarena exclaimed with a grin on his face.

His room was un-doubtfully full with terror and dread.

Nibui was desperate to escape from this situation. He closed his eyes and began screaming at the top of his lungs in fear. Everything went dead silent and his eyes fluttered open only to find his landlord at the door with an expression of concern marked on her face. Awarena was missing along with the troops and the sky was blue like usual. It was only a nightmare.

Nibui sprung up from his bed with eyes wide open, he was sweating incredibly, and there were even drops rolling down his arms from the pits.

“Is everything okay?” questioned Nona, Nibui’s landlord.

She was an elderly woman with a walking stick and grey hair in a bun. She had wrinkles essentially everywhere on her face and her head was proportionate to her torso - small. Nona wore a traditional Japanese dress which stood out from the rest of the villagers, it was a one-piece dress patterned with cherry-blossom petals and the primary colour blue.

“I-I’m fine… just a bad dream” explained Nibui as he attempted to mentally deduct the experienced horror.

“Alright, just try not to make so much noise next time. I’ll get the maid to bring you green tea” offered Nona

“No, it’s fine. I have somewhere to be” Nibui spoke up, rejecting her offer.

“Suit yourself… also, you might want to take a shower, I’ve washed your uniform and put it on the shelf behind you” she suggested.

“Uh, will do” agreed Nibui as he turned around to find his black and red silk outfit resting on the shelf untouched.
The door closed behind Nona and Nibui exhaled in relief. He looked down and noticed his white robes were soaked in sweat and genuinely took the shape of ragged clothes.

“Amazing” he sighed and shook his head, then continued walking towards the bathroom with his uniform under his arms.

During his time in the bathroom, Nibui thought about his mission for the day; to meet Kazuki by the large rock around 10 miles from here. He stared at a clock on the wall across him.
Seven thirty, huh? He recalled the time as he stood in the tub motionless, water was bashing against his right side and some was dripping from his chin.
I better get going
Nibui was now aware of the time and capped his shower period on the spot. He could not afford to be late. He rushed out of the tub – almost slipping on the floor, and put his uniform on without drying his soaking hair.

He went back to his room to grab some footwear – his wooden sandals, and stood in-front of the wooden door where his katana was hooked. He took a good look at it and recalled all of the killings he performed.

Just in-case he thought to himself in caution as he un-hooked it and equipped it on his back.

His wooden sandals were tapping on the old wooden floor as he made his way downstairs to the main exit. Nona peaked her head through the kitchen whilst washing the dishes from the restaurant.

“Leaving already?” she asked in confusion.

“Like I said, I need somewhere to be. I’ll be back soon” he responded in a serious matter and made his way through the door.
He knew he wouldn’t make it on time if he continued at this pace so he progressed from fast-walking to tree-dashing, his hair drying off with the wind.

Around thirty minutes have passed and he finally made it to his designated destination – the large rock. It was very noticeable from close range, but rather hidden from a distance. Nibui crouched on a branch and examined the location.
A rather weird place for a meeting spot he thought as he threw himself downwards next to the large earth-dome, a large thud echoed across the forest as he landed and birds evacuated trees in fright. There were candles lit around the dome and a large red symbol painted on the dome.

It looks like a spear he examined it closely, trying to find some sort of resemblance.
Nibui felt a force on his left shoulder as a hand pulled him around. It was Kazuki, but he wasn’t alone. There were dozens of shadowy figures behind him, indistinguishable, possibly other shinobi, but they were much taller than him.

“Welcome” Kazuki bragged with a grin on his face.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:08:44 by Snoopy »

internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Rapho

Re: Chapter 3: Shock-horror. [Nibui Akagi]
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 00:36:50 »
I had fun reading it, man! I love how your character is keeping everything to himself, but then again, that is normal in the shinobi world  :)
I can't wait for chapter 4. +rep

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 00:57:43 »
I had fun reading it, man! I love how your character is keeping everything to himself, but then again, that is normal in the shinobi world  :)
I can't wait for chapter 4. +rep

Thanks man, appreciate it. This was by far my best, well-written chapter. I actually thought I was slacking after the nightmare. I'll try and be concise with future chapters :)
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Ken

• Hidden Snow Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ken has no influence.
  • HA!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 00:58:29 »
Awesome chapter :D waiting for 4 ;)

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 00:59:06 »
Awesome chapter :D waiting for 4 ;)
Thanks! I need to start planning that now, haha.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 01:40:31 »
Oooo nice nice loved the whole nightmare bit
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Ghost0000

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 09:37:21 »
loved it very nice
  • Character Name: Ghost Raiu

Offline Manuster

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 16:17:36 »
nice, the nightmares add a really nice personal touch
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 17:31:37 »
Oooo nice nice loved the whole nightmare bit

loved it very nice

nice, the nightmares add a really nice personal touch

I appreciate the positive messages. Some people have actually said that the chapter feels short (even though it's over a thousands words) and that it lacks events. I'll try and include more things in future chapters. Thank you for the feedback and for reading!
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy