Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64070
Latest: Mike MacAlister
New This Month: 4163
New This Week: 129
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 73937
Total Topics: 20785
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 779
Total: 791

Author Topic: Manuster *******-Tsukegami (Chapter 19)  (Read 87850 times)

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Re: Manuster *******-Tsukegami (Chapter 17)
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2017, 12:22:50 »
Close this thread
close this thread
close this thread
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2017, 16:55:17 »
Close this thread
close this thread
close this thread

Not your call.
If the owner wants it locked he knows where to find me.

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2017, 17:04:41 »
Close this thread
close this thread
close this thread

Not your call.
If the owner wants it locked he knows where to find me.

Lol I'm just messing around Nova...didn't notice ya there
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Manuster

« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2017, 12:01:06 »
Well fuck. I just started my final year of college and I'm applying to Cambridge, which brings its own host of extra revision and shit.

I'm tired of empty promises and I'm the fucking writer. But I will get writing again after November 3rd.

Still on target to finish before the release of the game though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Manuster

Re: Manuster *******-Tsukegami (Chapter 18 - Part A)
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2017, 00:40:52 »
this chapter was a fucking BITCH to write

forget about the whole 2 month break turning into 8 months, this shit got deleted TWICE

ima fkin kill a bitch

and if one of u tell me to use google drive

ima kill you too

i dont fkin trust them

#thegovernmentarelizards

Last Time
Spoiler: show
Honestly dude, you might as well reread the thing.

Part 18

Two robed figures traveled side by side in silence. One walked, covered from head to toe in dust and the other sat cross legged atop a pile of levitating dust, oddly untarnished in comparison to his compatriot. On all sides, the pair were bombarded by a vicious sandstorm, yet their pace neither slowed nor their path wavered.

"I know you're deflecting the storm with Dust-style, you might as well share it." Hayame turned to his right and spat out a globule of spit and sand.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm enduring the harsh and troubling storm in its entirety. We are brothers, forged through our trials and tribulations. I would never, not even for a second, even dare to break that bond." responded Vizier. He continued to stare on straight ahead, dramatically stroking his lengthy beard for added emphasis.

"....Vizier...I can-"

"Lord Vizier."

Hayame took a deep breath. "Lord Vizier, I can literally see the bubble of gathered Dust around you. There isn't even a speck on your clothing. Isn't the duty of a clan leader to protect his own? How can you ask for us to call you Lord when you -" Hayame was cut off once again by Vizier holding up his hand. Vizier came to a stop and a wall of dust formed in front of Hayame to stop his motion.

"Wha? What now?" asked Hayame. He had gotten sand in his eye and was beginning to get slightly irritated.

Instead of a response, Vizier weaved several handsigns and the sandstorm that was previously limiting their vision to a mere 2 metres in all directions retreated from the pair. A sphere grew with Vizier at the centre, practically pushing away the storm several kilometres in all directions.. Hayame would have scoffed and complained about the unnecessary scale of it if not for the sight before him.

Just 3 or 4 steps ahead of him laid an impossibly wide cavern. It stretched for a good 3 or 4 kilometres to the South and as far as Hayame could see towards the North. Hayame dropped to his knees and crawled forward to get a view of the depth. He didn't realise it but he was shaking. Several kilometres down, just several steps ahead of him, Hayame could make out the unmistakeable red glow of lava.

"The great and powerful Hayame Kitsune no Sabakue, brought to his literal and mental knees by a childish fear of heights."

Hayame couldn't even respond until he had crawled back to a safe distance and taken several deep breaths.

"It.....it isn't childish." was all he could muster. He took another deep breath and composed himself. "How are we crossing that...I...I absolutely refuseto be carried by you. Not after what happened at the Kinzogakure Chuunin Exams." Hayame shuddered at the memory as Vizier struggled to hide a smile.

"Well if you refuse, then we'll just have to close the cavern." Without another word, Vizier floated off ahead, over the edge and onwards. The sandstorm that had been held back by Vizier's jutsu came rushing back in full force and Hayame spent a few seconds loudly cursing until he was relieved once again. This time, Vizier had cleared a stream of air directly in front of Hayame, allowing him to see to the other side of the cavern. For all its mighty depth and width, the cavern was a mere 50m wide. 50m that Hayame could have jumped, were he able to muster up the courage to do so. That however, did not take away the from the brute power required to create such a chasm.

"What kind of monster created this?" Hayame whispered to himself. 

Several hundred kilometres away, the retiring Kage of the Hidden Thunder, sneezed.

"Is everything all right Vuregu?"  The ex-Kage nodded.

"Yeah, I'm all right. Lets continue with the initiation ceremony."

Back at the chasm, the pair had began to simultaneously weave handsigns, Hayame was a fraction of a second off, but that did not hinder the jutsu;

"Earth Style: Continental Shift"

A short, curvy woman stood outside the gates of the Shizen clan compound. Two young boys ran past her engaged in a recreation of a fabled battle when one of them caught her eye. He stopped and shoved his friend, pointing excitedly at the arriving traveler. His friend squealed and in his excitement, the first boy forgot to make fun of him. They turned and ran through the gates, announcing to the clan that their hero was back.

A small smile appeared on StarShizen's face as she watched the spectacle. She enjoyed the hero worship, at least when she wasn't suffocating under it's pressure. She was the first and only individual in the clan's history to ever make it past Chuunin and only the 4th to even reach Chuunin at all. She had single-handedly made the Shizen clan relevant and each battle she commanded only further propelled the name. Her fat donations to the clan were well appreciated and it was pretty commonly thought - although never said - that if Star ever died, her clan likely would too. She had rescued the clan from crippling poverty

She barely made it through the gates before she was swamped with cousins, cousins of cousins and cousins of cousins of cousins.

"Hey, hey, what did we tell you! Give her space! Give her space!"  A single voice commanded the roars of the crowd into a murmur and a path was parted for Shizen's brother to walk through.

"Welcome home Sis" clamoured Bakuro Shizen, embracing his sister in a hug.

"Look, Bakky, I'm really tired and just want to go home...could you do me a favour and tell the elders I won't be able to brief them..." In the dim light of early evening Bakuro could just make out the heavy bandages underneath his sister's bright green coat.

"Of course...of course, they won't mind at all." He wanted to press the matter but knew that this wasn't the time for it.

"Okay everybody, that's it for tonight. Our Star is tired, let her get her much needed rest!" there were audible groans from all around the crowd. Children and adults alike keen to hear of their hero's latest triumphs.

On the other side of Morigakure, a short, yet muscular 14 year old boy knelt in front of a newly polished sign. The sign stood mere metres in front of where the Jyuunshin headquarters once had. A base that had spent its entire short history hidden from view was now reduced to nothing but pitiless wreckage. The very road leading up it was formerly cladded in a combination of both adept Genjutsu and the thick, uneven, forestry surrounding Morigakure. Now, that very road had it's secrecy stolen from it, it was a sight that was both hard to look at and hard to miss. On both sides of the 10km road, placed 5 metres apart were a variety of cheaply made gallows. Some were made with Wood-Style jutsu, some were hastily constructed and some were even just tree branches with a rope tied around it. However each of these gallows held a single thing in common.

Women and men, children and the elderly swung by their necks in the evening, summer breeze. A large, and powerful clan served as nothing more than a haunting piece of roadside decoration. A warning and a deterrant, one repeated upon the very sign that the young boy was reading.

"As punishment for disloyalty to the Great Lord Morikage (Elder Aoi of the Kirishima clan and Amigake clan) the Toratsume clan and their allies have been sent to a righteous death. Take this as a generous warning, cooperation with any blacklisted organisation is to be severly punished. Praise be to the Great Lord Morikage for his crushing defeat of our enemies. For a list of blacklisted organisations, visit your local government office.

Toratsume Clan Traitors
- Takeshi Toratsume
- Yakura Toratsume
- Tylet Toratsume
- Guren Tsukegami-Toratsume

Allies of the Toratsume Clan
- Mika Himitsu
- Onimaro Himitsu
- Kamiko Himitsu
- Hyun Amigake
- Junior Amigake
- Yangan Chiitsuki

All current and past Yugure of Katakiuchi (in order of their bounties, all of which are to be claimed by the Great Lord Morikage and utilised for the betterment of the village and its citizens)

- 'Unnamed woman of the Amigake' - 50 million
- Konohuro Kirishima - 50 million
- Hishiro Nakai - 45 million
- Ken Himitsu - 43 million
- Nibui Kirishima- 37 million
- Kazuki Himitsu - 30 million
- Rayzote Yamato -28 million
- Crono Sabaku - 25 million
- Arashi Kirishima - 12 million"

The breaking of a twig brought Kuria out of his daze and he turned to see Shiro Nakai standing behind him. He wiped his eyes and stumbled to his feet. "H...How did you get here...I thought you were in one of the fire nations?"

Shiro Nakai stared at the child in front of him. It had been nearly 10 months since they had last met and although the boy had barely grown an inch, he appeared to have aged considerably. Shiro glanced at Kuria's arm and unto the list of names behind him.

"Reminance triggered a Level 5 warning. I arrived to the base immediately as I was supposed to. Only to find that one member hadn't even begun moving." Shiro looked back at Kuria's arm and the slight frown on his face only deepened.

"If you even are a member anymore..." Kuria didn't respond, he held his left arm as if to hide the spot where he his Roguhanta tattoo had been hastily removed. Shiro stared him down, daring him to look into his eyes.

"You know removal of the tattoo is synonymous with leaving the organisation. And as much as I would like to leave you here, I made a promise to your father." Kuria nodded meekly, he wanted to say something, but knew too well how Shiro would respond. It appeared not even the death of his parents was enough to earn Shiro's sympathies. Without even a single word on the topic, Shiro tapped his obsidian staff on the ground, encasing the pair in Wind chakra and ascending into the sky.

Aoi Amigake-Kirishima lay on his stomach, enjoying a well earned full-body massage after a tough day's job of ordering peasants around. There was a knock on the door and he waved at his guard to let the guest in.

"Oh, if it's none other than my beautiful assistant! Why, wouldn't you like to take over? I'm sure those delicate hands of yours could do better than these mongrels."

His Head of Anbu walked in with a glass and jug of Aoi's favourite wine.

"It is as though you read my mind Lord Aoi." She flashed a smile and raised the jug, making sure to push together her breasts in the process." Aoi's eyes almost popped out of his head at the miraculous change in behaviour. He rushed his servants and guards out of the room and gestured for her to bring the wine to his bedside table.

"My oh my, what brought about this sudden change? Something about my ruthless slaughter of a clan? Or was it the way I claimed all the glory for myself..." He got a flirty smile in return as the soft and delicate hands he had so often dreamed about started to work on his shoulders. Aoi moaned aloud, as he sank into his hand-crafted bed. He downed two full glasses of wine in the blink of an eye, and was just about to 'make his move' when everything went horribly wrong.

The alcohol in his blood began to attack his cells, wracking pain throughout his body. The soft hands on his shoulders grasped his neck, and a knee slammed into his lower back, pushing all the air out of his lungs and preventing him from calling for help. The sweet voice he had grown so accustomed to spat into his ear with venom.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this day, planned for this day, fantasised about this day." She could imagine that Aoi had done the same, but not with this added twist. A wicked laugh escaped her lips.

Aoi pushed with all of his strength but the poison had rendered his muscles useless.

"I've suspected you for years, but this farce you pulled today was the last piece of evidence I needed. You're working for the Kirishima in some twisted plot with Katakiuchi. You've been lying to the people and the elders about Roguhanta and now you've told the world that all of the Yugure are dead. And by your hand nonetheless."

Aoi attempted to gather his chakra, but his chakra too was beyond his control. He couldn't even move his fingers to cast hand-signs and the pressure on his back was overbearing.

"You think you're smart. And in some ways, you are. A perfect opportunity had arisen and by claiming their deaths, you not only ended the search for the Yugure but painted yourself as a hero and cleared all suspicions in one well thought out swoop. But although you may fool those petulant, arrogant elders. You cannot fool me."

Aoi had long ago learnt the beginnings of gathering Nature chakra, he thought back to those lessons and for a brief moment regained control over his right hand. But it was already too late. He had gone too long without breathing and dark spots were beginning to appear at the edges of his vision.

"I only wished I could've done it sooner, I'll blame myself for the eradication of the Toratsume clan for as long as I live."

As Aoi's eyes rolled to the back of his head and his body began to throb, his Head of Anbu bent over and kissed him on his bloody lips.

"And yes, I am a lesbian."

Star-Shizen almost collapsed as she entered her 4 story home. She gratefully accepted assistance from her servant, clambered up to her room and sank into her bed with a huge sigh.

"Where's Hanna?" asked Star.

"A messenger informed me she'd be working till late, some sort of personal task she must oversee to completion." Star released a pained groan as she let out the frustrations of the past few days..

Although she was the Head of the Morigakure ANBU, it wasn't often that her lover worked till late, snd for it to happen on the day where Star had finally returned was most frustrating.

"Whatever she's doing she better hurry up...she wouldn't believe what I've been up to.

On the far west of Morigakure, several kilometres away from Hidden Dust territory, a rickety supplies wagon bumped along an old, unpaved road. It's 3 living passengers sat in the very back, bundled uncomfortably against bags of pig feed and compost. 3 Hidden Thunder shinobi, each from the Himitsu clan, evacuated as they were unfit for battle. 1 of them because they were too young, and 2 recovering from scars both mental and physical. Diamond Lee, Taiga and Satomi sat in silence, except for Lee's awkward, yet persistent attempts at conversation.

"Say, Satomi...whatever were you doing out of village territory on your own anyways?"

"I came to the Hidden Hill to help rescue my younger, older brother. "

"Younger... older brother? So you have more than one older brother?"

"Yes"

"Cooool... Still it's pretty impressive you were sent on a rescue missi-"

"I wasn't. I followed my older brother, but I wasn't authorised. He told me to retreat because once he realised how ill prepared he was." There was as short pause as the young girls eyes filled with tears.

"He's probably dead..."

"Errr, no...no you don't know that! Your older brother could've saved your...younger older brother." A weird noise escaped Satomi's lips as she gently shook her head.

"Not a chance, Kenshi wouldn't stand a chance against Ken. Before...maybe, but Kenshi left it too long. Ken is too strong from him to take down on his own." The weird noise happened again and Lee realised it was a sad, crying laugh.

"K..Kenshi? and Ken?" Lee paled as he realised just who she was talking about. He whispered, as though Ken was listening.
nn
"K..Ken the Kannibal?" Satomi looked annoyed at the nickname but her expression was more than an answer in itself.

"Yes, the Krazy Kannibal or Kinky Kannibal or whatever name he's been given. He's still my brother. And he needs saving." She clenched her fists in a sudden spurt of determination. A strong contrast to her crying just moments ago.

Lee nodded meekly, he had no doubt that Ken was in some serious need of saving, he just doubted whether anyone would be able to do it...let alone...her.

"I know what you're thinking. I will do it."

"Ah...well yes of course...I mean maybe not physically...but you could...convince him...to turn...himself....in" Lee's sentence drifted off as he avoided the looks from both Satomi and Taiga who had been listening in the entire time. He deemed the conversation had gone on long enough though and stepped in before the conversation got any more...personal.

"Seriously Lee, sleep or be silent. Or I'll knock you out again."

A tense nod from Lee was followed by a good few minutes of silence.

"Sooo Taiga...I heard your organisation was slaughtered" There was a loud knock and bump and the wagon descended into silence once more.

On the far west of Morigakure, a rickety supplies wagon bumped along an old, unpaved road. It's 3 living passengers sat in a comfortable silence. 2 conscious shinobi and 1 unconscious shinobi. A long, long way from home.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:49:36 by Manuster »

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
Re: Manuster *******-Tsukegami (Chapter 18-A)
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2017, 08:28:43 »
YAAAAAAAS

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2017, 09:25:24 »
NICE MANUSTER LOL
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2017, 07:38:23 »
You FINALLY fucking did it. Proud of you. Now get to writing more, this wasn't half bad. e.e

xD
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Manuster

Re: Manuster *******-Tsukegami (Chapter 19)
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2017, 03:57:26 »
happy bday to me - 24th

murry krismuz to me - 25th

hapi readng to u - 26th

A Hamlet: a small settlement, generally one smaller than a village.

Last Time
Spoiler: show
Hayame and Vizier continue their journeys. Mars meets the plaque left at the site of Jyuunshin. Hanna gets her revenge for the Toratsume clan. Diamond Lee annoys both Satomi and Taiga.

Part 19 - A

"The Great Wood Sage", "The strongest woman in all the world.", "The Sage of the Forest" were a few of the nicknames granted to her by the public.

Of course, if one were to ask Shishida Amigake why she was a shinobi, she would pridefully mention that she was just humbly passionate about fighting and that the hero worship that came along with it was nothing but an minor benefit. She would of course, never refuse to indulge the public and it is commonly noted that she coincidentally strides through the centre of Morigakure whenever she returns from a mission. In fact she was doing so right now, only with a distinct lack of hero worship. Not that she was bothered. She fought only for the thrill of a good fight. Only.

That being said, she barged into the Kage building mumbling under her breath about the ungratefulness of the common public.

She slung the 2 unconscious shinobi from her back unto the ground and looked around, confused about the relative quiet around the building. The Kage building was usually a hub of activity 24 hours a day; yet she stood in its common room and it was unerringly quiet.

"Good evening Shishida. We've been expecting your return." Shishida jumped at the sudden voice by her side. It was disconcertning how Hanna could get so close to her without a single disturbance of noise or chakra. Although she WAS the Head of ANBU...She decided to brush it off as another peculiarity of the woman and turned to her clan-mate with a question.

"Which tailed beast was it? The earth one? Please tell me it was the earth one, I hear it -"

"There was no tailed beast attack. The villagers are staying indoors on their own volition...I have declared a week of mourning."

"Wait. What? What happened? Did Aoi die? Did he die defending the village??? That doesn't make sense, he would never do that... Urgh. And I wanted to fight him as well."

"He is dead, but that is not the reason for mourning."

Shishida's eyes narrowed.

"Does this have anything to do with the distinct smell of death that I smell from the south?"

As a member of Jyuunshin, Shishida was completely aware of the location of the hidden base. And upon noticing the strong smell coming from the direction she knew she had to investigate its cause.

"Please. I know what you're thinking -"

"I have to go." Shishida turned to leave but Hanna was already standing in front of her, blocking her path.

"Please, just listen. There is nothing you can do. It is too late." However Hanna's attempts at calming Shishida down only served to do the opposite. She was grabbed by the taller, stronger woman and lifted up to Shishida's height.

"What do you know?" Shishida snarled the words.

"I...I'll explain it if you come, if..if you come but the secret is out...Jyuunshin's base is not

"Wait. Those 2 unconscious shinobi I bought in, they're brother assassins from one of the Fire nations...Inferno or Volcano. I bought them in for questioning, however I may have wounded the younger one quite seriously..."

"It is no matter. They'll be treated and held in the prison cells till a later date."

Hanna had led Shishida to the War Room. The Morgakure War Room was a brightly-lit, expansive room with an ancient, oval table made of an unknown and indestructible wood that spurted from a hole in the ground. She stood outside the large, imposing doors and looked at Shishida seriously.

"Everything will make sense soon, I promise you. But Shishida, please know that you..."

Hanna unceremoniously opened the doors and Shishida saw that each and every seat around the table was filled, all but one. Far across the room, with a chair slightly bigger, slighty higher and slighter cleaner than the others; this seat had a blue and green hat placed on on the table in front of it. A hat with 4 points and the symbol of Morigakure on each of its 4 sides. The hat of the Morikage, and the white cloak to match.

"...are all we have." finished Hanna.

Taiga Himitsu had always been good at sensing chakra. It was a skill he practiced often, and was exceedingly skilled at. All living things gave off a chakra signature, even more so shinobi, whose chakra was for more plentiful and refined than civilians.

So he sat, eyes closed, legs crossed and hands in a Tiger Sign, using his skill to judge the distance to their destination.

He could quite clearly feel the chakra of both a civilian and a shinobi. The shinobi's chakra signature was far larger than that of the civilian, however it might be possible that the civilian was considerably weak, or just very young. However as he drew nearer, both the strength of the civilian and shinobi's grew. In itself, this was expected, the closer to an individual one goes, the more intense one can sense their chakra.

The difference in chakra signatures, however was what was concerning Taiga. The weakest of shinobi had 30,40 times the chakra intensity of an average civilian of the same age, a lucky bastard with a large chakra pool may have 7/800  times the chakra intensity. Those with over 1000 were either currently using Sage Mode or a downright freak of nature.

A high chakra intensity didn't necessarily mean a bigger chakra pool. It meant a purer, rawer, more powerful chakra. A tailed beast, beings of raw chakra would permanently blind any fool who tried to use chakra sensing in their prescence.

Taiga thought of Vuregu's chakra signature. He had made the mistake of attempting to practise his chakra sensing when in the same room as Vuregu. He shuddered at the memory, he had passed out and lost the ability to sense any chakra for several days.

The chakra signature he was sensing was nowhere near as potent, however it was scarily beginning to approach such levels. It was several hundred times stronger than the civilian's next to it and that difference would only increase the closer Taiga got to the farm. He assumed it was a farm, there was nothing but farmland in all directions and the one building that could be located was... Taiga's jaw dropped. He had canceled his sensing to look out the wagon and get a feel for his surroundings, only to see that they were indeed approaching a farm. His surprise came from the fact that said farm was still kilometres away. Taiga sat down, his mind racing, if he could sense the chakra so strongly from here...

"What kind of monster are we going to?"

Her first instinct was to say no. She had said no every other time they had asked her. Saying no this time would be no different. But...but she couldn't bring herself to do it. There was something in Hanna's voice that worried Shishida. Something in her voice as she made her last statement, her last plea;

"...you are all we have." And thus Shishida had caved. She had listened to Hanna's recital of the events of the past week. The destruction of Jyuunshin, the sacrifice of Takashi, the slaughter of the Toratsume clan. She listened to the news of Taiga's singlehanded destruction of the fat and lazy Haikage, of how Kamiko Himitsu, the estranged Head of ANBU, had a change of heart that ultimately led her to sacrificing herself for a cause she had spent her life fighting. She listened as the list of dead was recited to her, Onimaro, Mika, the organisation she had founded with them just 12 years ago. She listened and she cried. She cried out in anger and despair and in sorrow for her friends.

Her blood boiled in rage at the thought that no one would ever know of Kamiko's sacrifice, that the Toratsume line was down to 3 or 4 farming settlements, that the Yugure were not dead. She wished for nothing more than to storm to Aoi's room and...and..and kill him. And kill the already killed man. Shishida took a deep, deep breath. He was already dead, poisoned by his own Head of ANBU. She calmed herself.

"The damage is done and the message is clear by this point. Katakiuchi...the Kirishima, whatever their alliance was, were no more attempting to take over peacefully. Onimaro's crusade against the Snow may have ended in failure, but we know that the Yugure must've suffered a huge blow. Of all the times to strike, it would be now. The country is reeling, our largest clan has been eradicated and the Kage is dead. The people think that Aoi is some sort of hero. He lied to them that the Yugure were wiped out in an effort to buy them time and win over the public's hearts. He paints Roguhanta as a corrupt organisation and the fools buy his words. They only saw a tradegy when they were told their Kage is dead. And yet they care not about the Toratsume. The Toratsume are rotting like anim-"

Hanna Amigake, calm at the beginning of her speech was starting to lose her cool. Shishida put a hand on her shoulder and nodded, thanking her silently.

"The Yugure are not all dead. But I will make Aoi's lies a reality."

She turned to her head of ANBU, who was staring at her with an intense experssion. Filled with anguish, anger and a little bit of anticipation, Shishida put on the Kage hat and spoke.

"I'm guessing there's some sort of fancy ceremony we are supposed to do. Fuck that. Alert all 10 Kages. There will be a Kage Summit in the Hidden Forest 24 hours from now. The 27th Morikage would like to make a statement."

The heavy atmosphere slowly dissipated as the people in the room began to disperse, dozens of clan heads, civil servants, elders and many shinobi left to spread the word. Not of the summit, there was an individual assigned to that. But of the new Kage, "The Great Wood Sage", "The strongest woman in all the world.", "The Sage of the Forest" was finally the Morikage. And behind her, Morigakure would rise above their peers.

"And for the love of God. Can we please begin to take down the corpses. The least the Toratsume deserve is a proper burial."

Taiga had long ago concluded that Vuregu must've been waiting for them at their destination...his chakra pool was smaller and felt a lot less controlled but the quality was something he had only ever seen in Vuregu. Maybe he had gone through some sort of battle and had his chakra affected in it? It was a very wild and unlikely scenario but the only solution Taiga had at the moment. Unless of course...Taiga shook his head. That was even less likely.

The wagon rolled to a stop after almost a day of non-stop travelling and the three shinobi were out in a flash. Apparently Diamond Lee had learned his lesson and spent the better part of the last hour pretending to be asleep than actually attempting to start any conversations. The unlikely trio set found themselves in front of a 3 story high house made up of thick, carved bark. The house was surrounded by dozens of smaller stables and outhouses that made up a hamlet. Outside of that were a plethora of different crops that spread out in all directions. The wagon had traversed on a road cut straight through a field of waist-high wheat plants. It was mid summer and harvest season was at its peak. Of the 8 barns that the shinobi could see, 6 were practically overflowing with goods, and the wagon drove on to park between 2 of them, presumably to load the cargo and take it for selling. 

"Well. This is my...erm, home village...or hamlet to be more accurate." The guard from the Jyuunshin base and their guide gestured feebly to the wooden buildings.

"Not much, but...it's something."

"It will do." Taiga had decided to ignore the growing silence by taking control of the situation.

"We thank you for your hospitality. However I will need to follow you out of this...place when next you go. It may be suitable for us to lay low and..." Taiga glanced at his two compatriots. "...recover our strength but ultimately we cannot stay here forever." The bearded guard nodded furiously, eager to agree.

"Erm, well...then..let me show you to your rooms. And I'd like to introduce my wife...and 3 cousins. And their wives....my parents live here too. And 2 of my aunts..."

Taiga sighed. It was going to be one of those nights.

"What the fuck?"

He knows he just died. Again. At least he was sure of it. But then why the fuck was he alive? Nibui Kirishima looked down at his naked body. He was literally unscarred. All the scars he had gotten throughout his life were gone, leaving his white skin unusually clean. The burn on left arm, the cut down his side. Even the bent middle finger on his right hand were all fixed. And yet, his body was in the best physical shape it had ever been. A stupid grin spread across his face as he looked down between his legs.

"Heh. And here I thought you couldn't get any bigger." He climbed to his feet, shakily but confidently. He remembered guarding Vuregu and a very short burst of pain spread through his body before he woke up laying down in the middle of some big ass wooden building. He thought about the scenario he woke up in. The Yugure were clearly dealing with the aftermath of some battle. He remembered seeing Mika Himitsu leaning over someones body...

"But why her of all people...?" He shook his head, not bothering to worry himself with the hypotheticals. He couldn't possibly think of an explanation as to how he had come back from the dead. Twice. Nibui was an opportunist. And immortality was an ability he was sure to abuse.

"Now...Where the fuck am I?"  He was standing in a mess of rubble and human remains. An explosion had quite clearly obliterated most of the building, the shallow crater and pulverised wood and metal quite clearly marked the epicentre. He could see the sea several kilometres to his left and beyond that, in every other direction, dozens and dozens of trees. Quite frankly, apart from the sea to his left and the clearing where this building had once stood, there were nothing else of note. Apart from the road of course. The road started at what was probably the front of this building and ran straight into the surrounding forest. It would have been an ordinary road if not for the corpses that were hung on both sides of its entire length.

"Fucking hell. Someone must have had a grudge." With nothing else to do and the realisation that he probably hadn't eaten since a past life. Nibui picked up a bent metal pole, cleared the rubble off his buttcheeks and strode down the road.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:08:33 by Manuster »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2017, 03:57:54 »
Part 19 - B

After a tiresome evening of introductions and storytelling to the fascinated farming family, the 3 Himitsu clansmen had been led to their rooms. Despite the overwhelming feeling of inadequacy amongst them, they were still treated as heroes to the unexposed farm workers. Many of who had never come across an actual shinobi before. The awe was such that they were even readily prepared to evacuate their rooms for the shinobi, despite the protests that it wouldn't be necessary.

Several hours later, deep into the middle of the night and the house had finally settled into silence. 2 of the shinobi were asleep, however one of them sat on his bed, fully dressed for combat and more awake than ever. Taiga Himitsu took a deep breath, closed his eyes and flipped the mental switch to activate his chakra sensing. Bright lights of chakra exploded into view around him. He shut off the skill immediately, physically reeling from the intensity of chakra around him. The large body of chakra he had sensed earlier was literally placed right on top of him, nearly blocking out every other chakra signature in the vicinity and causing a terrible backlash. He spent several minutes in a daze, nearly knocked out by the sheer intensity he had sensed.

At this proximity it was also easy to tell that the chakra signature was not Vuregu's. It also became clear to Taiga why he had sensed only one other chakra signature at the settlement, despite the presence of several other humans. In the half second Taiga had had his chakra sensing on, the sheer magnitude of intensity had managed to block out every other chakra signature around him. Even those of the shinobi in the adjacent rooms.

Once he had recovered, Taiga climbed out of bed and snuck out down the corridor in a flash. He climbed out of the window at the end of the hall and dashed up the side of the house, knocking the wall lightly every few metres with his kunai. He reached the roof and climbed onto it, continuing to tap his kunai against the tiles. He had almost reached on top of where his room was when he heard a hollow echo bounce back to him. Normally, Taiga would've been the last one to potentially agitate such a naturally gifted being. However the retreat of the previous day was still weighing heavily on his mind. Particularly with the lack of information available it. Brimming with curiosity and an urge to do something, Taiga cast a Lightning Fist jutsu and punched through the roof.

A shocked, confused and terrified face woke up in a panic. A lanky boy with extraordinarily pale skin, big brown eyes and moppy, black hair stared at Taiga. The two stared at each other for several seconds before the whites of the boys eyes turned a dark, brown, matching the brown of his eyes and wood exploded - no other word would describe the effect - exploded from the boys hands, shoving Taiga metres into the air. Taiga landed towards the edge of the roof, and clambered to his feet to find the boy jumping off the opposite edge of the roof.

Taiga cast 2 jutsu, he jumped off the roof in chase with Feet of Lightning as a Lightning clone went to warn the inhabitants of the house.

The boy was a slow runner, awfully unfit, however he made up for that with repeated obstacles. Walls, ledges, spikes and pillars rose out of the ground to impede, trip and impale Taiga. However it wasn't the first time Taiga was chasing a retreating foe and it wouldn't be the last. Taiga steadily caught up and when he was just an arms width away, the teen turned around a look and upon seeing how close Taiga was, a look of utter panic crossed his face. This was when Taiga truly witnessed the kids power. The boy pushed the air in front at Taiga's chest and another pillar of wood rose out of the ground, heading straight for his chest. He managed to dodge it, the blow hitting him mostly in his arm. However, despite the glancing blow, there was still enough force to knock Taiga back. Another pillar of wood rose from the ground beneath him and knocked him dozens of feet into the air. Taiga flailed wildly and began casting Wind Style: Calm Descent but he landed before the jutsu was complete. However Taiga didn't land on the ground; he landed on a smooth, wooden, circular surface, sliding down till he landed on the ground in a heap.

He climbed to his feet and took several steps back, his mouth agape. Before him was a simple, but huge wood dome jutsu. If he hadn't seen it before he wouldn't have believed it but the timid kid he had just met bore Eyes of the Wood God, the ability to manipulate the Wood-Style at an inhuman ease and scale.

Taiga kept walking back, trying to see around the dome. It was over a kilometre wide, cutting straight through several of the buildings and 3 of the barns. Half the settlement had disappeared under it while it reached so high it blocked out the moon when one stood right beside it. The amount of chakra required would've been immense...and the ease....Taiga hadn't seen the kid use a single hand sign throughout the altercation. A completely untrained, probably fugitive kid with the eyes of a literal god. Taiga practically licked his lips at the potential.

"Erm...crap. I was going to introduce you tomorrow but....urgh...well..... I see you've met my nephew... Tatsuo....Tatsuo Toratsume."

Taiga turned around in surprise to see the guard who had brought him here in his pajamas, standing awkwardly in the cold. A dozen questions ran through his head at once but his mouth could only say one thing.

"Wait. What?"
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:09:12 by Manuster »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2017, 01:10:46 »
where the fuck are my adoring fans

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2017, 05:38:22 »
Bitch. We're right here.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2017, 12:40:59 »
It's good. But I don't see any mention of poor old Kazuki, and the fucking being inside him ;(.

But progress is progress. Good job :)
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2017, 23:56:48 »
I was under the impression that was another person he was stitched together with.
He's been frankensteined hasn't he.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2018, 20:10:56 »
Very good reading. Thank you, Manuster!

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun