Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64462
Latest: leoidd
New This Month: 331
New This Week: 13
New Today: 13
Stats
Total Posts: 76663
Total Topics: 22207
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 838
Total: 851
Victorvvk
Bogdannbw
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (8)

Author Topic: What do ya think?  (Read 9245 times)

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
What do ya think?
« on: November 21, 2013, 01:50:03 »
I know we all have a common goal here and thats to see this game get off the ground.
There are so many dead projects out there and a wealth of potential and I think it'd be a good idea to tap into some of it, so I'll be to-the-point.
THIS

is a video I found a couple weeks ago of another project (dead), but they made a lot of progress as far as the village and what not. Now granted, theres is a GTA San Andreas mod, and I'm far from a game producer, so I dont know what it'd be worth, but if its usable, I think it's worth trying to contact them.

I did some digging around and I found the information of all of the modelers that had their hand in that old project. Even though this project ended a while ago (roughly about a year), I ran into a model one of them made just recently (about 2-3 months ago)

titled "I'm back"

before I do it, I wanted to know should I reach out to them and try to bring them to this project, and also if what they have done would be of any use to Shinobi Life Online.

BTW, i think they might speak like... Portuguese or something. So there may be a bit of a language barrier

What do you guys think? Vreg and Ritsuko more specifically, but I kinda want to know what everyone thinks... is this Shinobi Life Online standards?

Offline Imperfect

• Academy Student Poster
  • Imperfect has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Re: What do ya think?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:40:05 »
I'm going to try that mod out.

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 07:14:12 »
Usually these gta moders rig the skin mods from other games.
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 15:19:16 »
When i came across the video i started looking around at other people who had done Naruto mods too, but all i saw were Naruto characters running around San Andreas. My takeaway from this would be that they already have this full village made and some actions (ie: flips, running up the side of building, and some type of fire style jutsu.) No telling what else is completed. I just dont know if its compatible to our project.

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 16:28:55 »
I was working on a naruto rp samp server. I doubt if you can use them. We can't even make it work for everybody on a samp server.These mods work only in GTA SA because of the CLEO.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 16:31:57 by misi4444 »

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 16:53:04 »
gotcha. I figured regardless of where it was used, all of that stuff had to be modeled and the models could be used here... boo :(

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 16:57:44 »
The models can be used, if you rig them. But this is a mmorpg game, so we will make our characters. So I doubt if we will need those skins.

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 17:48:02 »
I didnt mean the characters.... I meant the village.
The village dude. The village.

As far as the skins are concerned for characters that not what Im referring to either. Think bigger picture. they MADE these. which means they have potential to make other skins/models too. Im thinking about trying to onboard them as modelers. Not bring the existing Naruto character models. Create new ones.

The reason Im choosing this team specifically is because they already have an affinity for the Naruto univer---never mind.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 18:28:26 »
As far as new members are concerned, why not try to check the unity forum: http:/.unity3d.coms/17-Collaboration

and the blender forum:  http://blenderartists.orgdisplay.php?53-Volunteer-Work  ????

These two have a really big community, I'm sure that some of the members are naruto fans so who knows some people might be interesed
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 18:44:55 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 20:09:23 »
Thanks for the digging halika, I appreciate it when people try to help out.

Anyway, let's get to the point. Those characters are obviously useless to us. The only thing that could have been of use is the village but we kind off have our own.

I'm referring to:

Our village only needs texturing which shouldn't be too big of a deal for Ritsuko when he has the time for it. I also don't like using other projects' works. If we starting ripping things we might as well rip models from the official games.

Ritsuko's lack of time isn't too big of a problem right now anyway, the longer it takes for him to finish the village the more I can add to Shinobi Life Online on my end before the community test takes place.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Indigo

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Indigo has no influence.
  • IHYPFLMOOSMFT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 21:01:15 »
God, that looks awesome already