Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64344
Latest: ppu-pro_tync
New This Month: 213
New This Week: 49
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 75558
Total Topics: 21486
Most Online Today: 1116
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 834
Total: 849
titlesuitsai
Eldardic
EdithSoure
tramanh3004123
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (9)

Author Topic: More ranks  (Read 25349 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: More ranks
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 20:32:49 »
If you lose a battle, there's a chance you will be dead and have to restart
Dying a casual death is just fucking stupid. I understand if its a world/country war where you can permanently die, but I think it's just ridiculous to lose your account just because you were defeated in combat.

When you die you should just lose some elo and damage your gear (which means you'll have to spend money to get it repaired to full health).
ONLY IN KILL ZONES PEOPLE>>> EVERY OTHER TIME YOU WILL BE BROUGHT BACK TO THE HOSPITLE.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2016, 20:34:53 »
If you lose a battle, there's a chance you will be dead and have to restart
Dying a casual death is just fucking stupid. I understand if its a world/country war where you can permanently die, but I think it's just ridiculous to lose your account just because you were defeated in combat.

When you die you should just lose some elo and damage your gear (which means you'll have to spend money to get it repaired to full health).
ONLY IN KILL ZONES PEOPLE>>> EVERY OTHER TIME YOU WILL BE BROUGHT BACK TO THE HOSPITLE.
Sounds good. Chill out with the capitalization.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2016, 20:36:14 »
There is no difference between a high ELO and a low ELO beside the played time in game, probably.
They can compete against each other anytime, there is no disadvantage or advantage for any of them.

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Doylo Bushida has no influence.
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hachimitsu
  • Organization: Kuroiakuma
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2016, 20:43:18 »
There is no difference between a high ELO and a low ELO beside the played time in game, probably.
They can compete against each other anytime, there is no disadvantage or advantage for any of them.
i think i have to read every discussion in here...cause i dont know about lot of things yet
  • Character Name: Jeikobu Hachimitsu
ill do everything for SLO!

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2016, 21:17:25 »
Confused by what you're trying to say here.
Let's assume elo is obtained through missions and killing shinobi in the free-zone (danger zone or w/e you want to call it), yes you're right that players with any elo can fight, but a ninja with a higher elo would obviously have better equipment and jutsus.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2016, 21:25:19 »
Let's assume elo is obtained through missions and killing shinobi in the free-zone (danger zone or w/e you want to call it), yes you're right that players with any elo can fight, but a ninja with a higher elo would obviously have better equipment and jutsus.
i think they wanted to say, that theres difference between elo and players rank :P like in LOL for example, people which are diamond are just good players, but theyre playing with same champs and same items :P so its only about skill of players...

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2016, 21:36:56 »
i think they wanted to say, that theres difference between elo and players rank :P like in LOL for example, people which are diamond are just good players, but theyre playing with same champs and same items :P so its only about skill of players...
I'm not sure about what you mean by:
but theyre playing with same champs and same items :P so its only about skill of players...
And yes, there is a difference between rank and player elo. Your elo should essentially reflect on your shinobi skills, but at the same time touch upon your rank. It'll be stupid to be a chunin shinobi with a low elo. It would only show that you've been carried through missions and your squad leader who is jonin+ has done most of the work for you. That's why I'm trying to enforce a system when you have to take a ninja rank promotion exam once you've reached the necessary elo.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 21:40:05 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2016, 21:43:13 »
but theyre playing with same champs and same items :P so its only about skill of players...
And yes, there is a difference between rank and player elo. Your elo should essentially reflect on your shinobi skills, but at the same time touch upon your rank. It'll be stupid to be a chunin shinobi with a low elo. It would only show that you've been carried through missions and your squad leader who is jonin+ has done most of the work for you. That's why I'm trying to enforce a system when you have to take a ninja rank promotion exam once you've reached the necessary elo.
by this sentence i meant, that in LOL (League of Legends), players from high elo (diamond league) and low elo (bronze league) has no difference, cause they play with same items and same champs, so its only about theirs skill...and this thing is with SLO too, so in SLO high ELO players are different from low ELO players just with skills, not with gear and weapons :P there could be genin with high elo and genin with low elo, so same rank but different elo you know :P

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2016, 21:50:16 »
by this sentence i meant, that in LOL (League of Legends), players from high elo (diamond league) and low elo (bronze league) has no difference, cause they play with same items and same champs, so its only about theirs skill...and this thing is with SLO too, so in SLO high ELO players are different from low ELO players just with skills, not with gear and weapons :P there could be genin with high elo and genin with low elo, so same rank but different elo you know :P

I understand what you're talking about. But I'm sure SLO will have gear of different quality. So it won't just be a standard set of gear that you use forever, but you can actually obtain new and better gear of higher quality through dungeons and looting ninja during wars.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2016, 22:04:52 »
It'll be stupid to be a chunin shinobi with a low elo. It would only show that you've been carried through missions and your squad leader who is jonin+ has done most of the work for you.
This is not necessarily the case- if your part of a squad with a specific battle strategy or formation. A genjutsu user that CC's the opponent or a medical ninja my not Have very High ELO's because there not combat units. there ELO's will mostly come from missions and Training. Hopefuly The ELO system will account for this for These support ninja.

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2016, 22:08:26 »

I understand what you're talking about. But I'm sure SLO will have gear of different quality. So it won't just be a standard set of gear that you use forever, but you can actually obtain new and better gear of higher quality through dungeons and looting ninja during wars.
I think its big difference between ELO and RANKING. ELO depends on player´s skills, on their game, etc. and RANKING depends on his leveling. What im trying to say is, that also low level players could have bigger ELO than high level players = High ELO player - but only genin with low gear and weak jutsus, cause hes just a genin and Low ELO player - but jonin with much better gear and jutsu...so its not depends on ELO but on level/rank

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2016, 22:09:33 »
This is not necessarily the case- if your part of a squad with a specific battle strategy or formation. A genjutsu user that CC's the opponent or a medical ninja my not Have very High ELO's because there not combat units. there ELO's will mostly come from missions and Training. Hopefuly The ELO system will account for this for These support ninja.
I'm assuming that the developers will make some sort of party system for squads to use that will share all elo evenly between squad members, because obviously they would have accepted the mission from their Kage, so it makes no sense as to why 1 person would be hogging all of the elo for themselves.

I think its big difference between ELO and RANKING. ELO depends on player´s skills, on their game, etc. and RANKING depends on his leveling. What im trying to say is, that also low level players could have bigger ELO than high level players = High ELO player - but only genin with low gear and weak jutsus, cause hes just a genin and Low ELO player - but jonin with much better gear and jutsu...so its not depends on ELO but on level/rank
I've already told you that there is a difference between elo and rank. The higher rank you are (jonin, anbu etc.) the stronger your techniques would be, it would also make sense that users who are Jonin have the option to tutor 3 genins and progress together - like in the anime.

Elo would be added when you complete a mission and/or defeat another ninja, same goes for if you lose a battle.
You need to gain a sufficient amount of elo in order to have the option to take an exam that progresses you to the next ninja rank.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 22:18:01 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2016, 04:18:37 »
Do you think your ELO should affect how good you are with chakra and jutsu or no?

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2016, 05:04:13 »

ELO is obtained only by defeating other players. (Who also have ELO). Theoretically, Vreg says that there won't be equipment stats, which I don't think is an idea that will last to the end of the project.
Also, the ELO has nothing to do with the jutsus. One may start fighting with others from the beginning of the game, this would allow him to increase his ELO while improving his jutsu while another may not fight at all, just train, do missions, thus improving his jutsu this way. Result: The one who has a lower ELO has a real chance to be better than the other one.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2016, 05:39:52 »

Also, the ELO has nothing to do with the jutsus. One may start fighting with others from the beginning of the game, this would allow him to increase his ELO while improving his jutsu while another may not fight at all, just train, do missions, thus improving his jutsu this way. Result: The one who has a lower ELO has a real chance to be better than the other one.
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the ELO system... I mean its designed to be numerical representation of the likely outcome of a match. this is why when someone wins over a higher ranked player its called an upset.IF  you can get stronger and learn jutsu with out gaining ELO then It becomes less acurate and upsets will be more common.
this will eventually lead to a chaotic system the is no longer acurate.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:07:04 by cmsurfer »