Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64081
Latest: Irintqw
New This Month: 4174
New This Week: 140
New Today: 24
Stats
Total Posts: 73945
Total Topics: 20793
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1080
Total: 1084
Irintqw
Google (3)

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 516895 times)

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Re: General disscusion
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2016, 21:52:21 »
7/10 Don't know who that is XD

@json243 It's a character from Kingdom hearts series, member of the Organisation XIII.
He was also a boss in the Kindom hearts Final mix / HD 2.5 ReMix
https://youtu.be/6utD60IuTi4?t=56s ^.^
Ahh @Nova I didn't know that thanks for the info ;)
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2016, 14:21:55 »
I Never even implied that seeing everything is  or should be possible!
sensory information... there is a mini map in the current build for a reason
being able to sense chakra, smell players, communicate with insects, and hear longer distances. these are canon abilities and fyi the byakugan comes dame close to seeing everything. all i want from this mechanic is to know if someone is close a blip in the mini map. that's all you need to avoid an ambush.

being on your toes is what battle in this game is all about. it should not be easy for a noob to kill you after your resistance training and with the amount of PE you trained.(if you play alone a lot this will be critical training) but if they succeed in a good ambush meaning you have no defense up and only are relying on your damage reduction then yes there going to F- you up maybe not kill you but you will definitely feel it and have to withdraw from the fight to heal IF YOU ARE ALONE!(there are medical ninja and first aid kits) i suppose you could stay and fight and risk them getting the finale hits they need in but why risk it for a noob? you'll notice i use IF a lot because there are so many ways to survive this. i have no sympathy for someone that gets killed like this now, all you need to do is play smart and you will survive. that is the game i want to play the one were the smart player wins over a powerful player.

i say no sympathy now because of resistance.you can actualy train this to take more damage then your curant life points can handle.
lets just say 500 life points but your physical energy is above 10000
likely for jonin. bass resistance i suggested was 1%
that's 100 a noob launches a balloon attack like you say.
if 5 kunie are in there and 3 (unguided) hit you each doing 100 damage
this would be a strong jutsu for a noob) you would only take 200 damage.
and that is not training resistance at all past level 1 at level 3 you would take the same damage if all 5 hit.
so in short if you are really worried about this you can now train to insure you will survive.

Please remember that this game is multiplayer, it's not aimed at one player, thus, not everyone will HAVE a byakugan type dojutsu. I'm pretty sure the first thing students learn is to hide their presence, plus, you don't wanna make ambushes easy to spot, it's supposed to be realistic, yes, but only to the point where it doesn't ruin everyone's experience with the game. The whole argument started from being able to kill a person in one hit using a kunai bro... resistance training won't help that, will it? -.- TBH, you can't do jackshit with your defense if let's say, 3-5 noobs ambushed you using Kunais to hit your vital spots, again, running from ambushes isn't that easy. (especially when there is more than one person ambushing) Just saying that if you can slip and die in the real life doesn't mean you implement that into the game (just an example).

About the resistance argument, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN YOUR OWN GODDAMN ARGUMENT?!?! Sorry, but your argument was that one kunai should be able to kill anyone, if it hits a vital spot, unless they heal themselves up. If you change your argument, atleast acknowledge it.

Back to the topic. The running away and healing tactic won't work if it kills you by hitting your heart. The saying Brains over Brawns is indeed true, but there is only so much you can catch up with intelligence alone.

Conclusion: No need to carry this, all of us have our own opinions on how the game should be made, but in the end, only the staff will determine how it really is made. I still think that if kunai do just a set amount of damage no matter where they hit, it would be better. (maybe a slight difference in the damage, but only so much so that you can still run if a noob hit your heart and jugular vein)
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2016, 19:42:39 »
well as has been brought to my attention there is a level of reality that needs to be abandoned  for fun game play. the compromise i think works best it that life points stay the same while resistance to damage ie endurance would make this game unique and fun to play!! this would obviously eliminate the ability to one hit kill someone with any kind of attack with a high level of endurance and Physical energy which i recommended to be the stat it is based off of ... in short yes one hit kuni while i still think is realistic, does not make fun game play make.

with that out of the way being able to sense chakra i think every ninja in slo should be trained in. but very short range and not very accurate to start.
if someone wants to train this ability further you can get longer range and more accurate.

since this is not specific and the wide area for a beginner level would hide whether there were multiple ninja in a close proximity it would still be balanced.

another idea is a arrow on the edge of map telling what direction its coming from but not a exact position on the map.this could change the more you train it. and again not active till your within range.

maybe some Kekke genki could grant better sensory abilities- but i don't think anyone should be excluded from learning the ability to sense chakra in the mini map.

and as far as a set amount of damage for a kunai- i have always bin on board with that- i just thought it should be an effective attack to add balance for medical ninja and genjutsu users. this would mean that its an effective option for everyone. however it is a weapon and if you throw it you don't have it anymore and it is blockable, while jutsu can be used over and over and will likely be harder to block completly .
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 21:52:12 by cmsurfer »

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2016, 21:35:29 »
well as has been brought to my attention there is a level of reality that needs to be abandoned  for fun game play. the compromise i think works best it that life points stay the same while resistance to damage ie endurance would make this game unique and fun to play!! this would obviously eliminate the ability to one hit kill someone with any kind of attack with a high level of endurance and Physical energy which i recommended to be the stat it is based off of ... in short yes one hit kuni while i still think is realistic is does not make fun game play.

with that out of the way being able to sense chakra i think every ninja in slo should be trained in. but very short range and not very accurate to start.
if someone wants to train this ability further you can get longer range and more accurate.

since this is not specific and the wide area of a beginner level would hide whether there were multiple ninja in a close proximity it would still be balanced.

maybe some Kekke genki could grant better sensory abilities- but i don't think anyone should be excluded from learning the ability to sense chakra in the mini map.

and as far as a set amount of damage for a kunai- i have always bin on board with that- i just thought it should be an effective attack to add balance for medical ninja and genjutsu users.
So you are suggesting that we would all be able to sense chakra?
Like sensory crap?
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2016, 22:25:34 »
well as has been brought to my attention there is a level of reality that needs to be abandoned  for fun game play. the compromise i think works best it that life points stay the same while resistance to damage ie endurance would make this game unique and fun to play!! this would obviously eliminate the ability to one hit kill someone with any kind of attack with a high level of endurance and Physical energy which i recommended to be the stat it is based off of ... in short yes one hit kuni while i still think is realistic is does not make fun game play.

since this is not specific and the wide area of a beginner level would hide whether there were multiple ninja in a close proximity it would still be balanced.

and as far as a set amount of damage for a kunai- i have always bin on board with that- i just thought it should be an effective attack to add balance for medical ninja and genjutsu users.
Like sensory crap?
Yes Remi, I believe he means the Sensory Crap, the master of all Sensory, the one who will bring balance of the world. I have only know the Sensory Crap for a little while, but I believe that he will save the world.
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2016, 22:51:50 »

Like sensory crap?
Yes Remi, I believe he means the Sensory Crap, the master of all Sensory, the one who will bring balance of the world. I have only know the Sensory Crap for a little while, but I believe that he will save the world.

+rep :3 You the best Sensory crap!

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2016, 23:11:07 »
i cant tell if you agree or are just moking lol but thank you i think?

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2016, 23:25:06 »
i cant tell if you agree or are just moking lol but thank you i think?
No for once i do agree with you.

However there are going to be people that will only be Sensory type Ninja.
Doesn't that make them feel unspecial in a way?
If it does get supported and implemented.
This could become a problem, Meaning that less people will choose being a Sensory Shinobi.

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2016, 23:31:59 »
Depending on what you like to do, and everyone is different, added on that you have to spend time practicing if you want to get good at something ingame ( which is more or less depending on the person and activity ) most ppl would just take it to the point where they get blips enough most of the time. Personally I dont like the idea of everyone having ppl show up, because it makes ambushes, or sneaking something behind someone, not to mention hiding from a zerg or such impossible. Its not like you are learning to notice when other shinobi are around, because the dots automatically appear. maybe if it circled an area around the shinobi at first.

The blip thing should be something one with intermidiate training in sensory ninjutsu can see.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2016, 23:38:39 »
Depending on what you like to do, and everyone is different, added on that you have to spend time practicing if you want to get good at something ingame ( which is more or less depending on the person and activity ) most ppl would just take it to the point where they get blips enough most of the time. Personally I dont like the idea of everyone having ppl show up, because it makes ambushes, or sneaking something behind someone, not to mention hiding from a zerg or such impossible. Its not like you are learning to notice when other shinobi are around, because the dots automatically appear. maybe if it circled an area around the shinobi at first.

The blip thing should be something one with intermidiate training in sensory ninjutsu can see.
you make good points... I guess it depends on the type of senses.
 the best type could be sensing chakra that could pinpoint someone on a map.
smell may only be able to be trained to a direction and at the highest level distance.
sound my work like your saying kinda raidar.

the chakra would not be that effective until you train it higher sense with the amount of players especially near a village would all blend together at early levels. and even at high levels were they can pin point your exact location... if you are invisible with a cloke jutsu or something they could fire in that position but unless its a wide area attack it still may not hit you.

i have also proposed a way to turn the flow of chakra in your body off.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:59:45 by cmsurfer »

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2016, 17:57:09 »
I suggest this sensory skill be very hard to train, and for the first stage of this sensory jutsu everyone is required to train, I suggest you see a general direction, like, the minimap shows the general direction the chakra is being sensed from something like I sense a bit of chakra from my left, the minimap gives all of the left part of my minimap a slight hue of red, if you get my point.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2016, 20:07:42 »
YEAH!!! thats what im talking about... it may even be that you need to travel to the 4 corners of the world to master it... but to start a general direction is all you need.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2016, 18:47:47 »
So its bin mentioned on several threads that i have a tendency to revive dead threads i to avoid perpetuating this i wanted to address this tendency here.

I have missed a lot and am really psyched about the game. as i look throw older topics to get a better idea of what people are thinking i find myself getting ideas i want to share on the topic.

IF this happens Is it better to comment on a thread that already exists or to use the one that's still open? I am unsure of Forum protocol sense this is the only one i have ever bin passionate enough about to join.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2016, 20:59:33 »
Suggestion: If you just want to find member's opinions, quote/link the thread and pos it here, it would be better in my opinion.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2016, 21:02:42 »
sweet!! thank's. the last thing i want to do is piss off people i may have to play with later!!!

i have found another one that i wanted to chime i on so i'm posting it here

My friend wanted to suggest adding tailed beasts into the game later on in the future to battle as boss battles or boss missions.

THis was from february last year about Tailed beasts. I think the tailed beast should be world bosses maybe one per continent. Not as the boss of an instance just a romming npc. They will attack anything they come across and this includes villages. there default should be living things, but buildings are fair game too. there directional based so once on a path they continue on that path until they encounter a living thing, npcs too. At that point you must direct it away form the village or destroy the tailed beast. this would serve 3 purposes

the villages would need gardes at all times, this gives players incentive to long on as often as possible to insure that there villages stays standing.

and gives players something else to train for such as kitting npcs or possibly even high level genjutsu to direct them in a different direction, Invisibility so they loose track  of there target.

If you want to destroy a village you can kite a tailed beast in the direction of a village and let it do the work for you. this could also be a A rank mission or higher to reach jonin level.

If the tailed beast is destroyed it respawns in a area walking in a circle.
because of this if it ends up near your village you know it was sent by another village, triggering a war  or battle or some kind of clash.
This would drive a hole other sears of mission finding out who sent it, planning a battle strategy and  so many missions and battles could come from this.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 21:41:13 by cmsurfer »