Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64061
Latest: Julidio
New This Month: 4154
New This Week: 120
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73876
Total Topics: 20754
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 814
Total: 825

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 516253 times)

Offline Konohuro

Re: General disscusion
« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2016, 15:03:30 »
I don't see how one can cast a fire breath jutsu, or wind bullet jutsu on himself... Even something like chidori is not really natural, but we can assume that this last one can be used against him.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2016, 17:52:06 »
I don't see how one can cast a fire breath jutsu, or wind bullet jutsu on himself... Even something like chidori is not really natural, but we can assume that this last one can be used against him.
The idea is that its an illusion... there not hitting you but themselfs wind bult gets shot in the foot fire breath backfires. chidori discharges on themselfs. by just changing the damage to them i accomplishes the illusion with out the need for any other effects.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 18:00:19 by cmsurfer »

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2016, 23:20:27 »
You cannot automatically deal damage tho unless its a dot. All other attacks must connect with the target, there is a large chance the genjutsu user will not be hit at all... I do like genjutsu tho and hope post some on the jutsu creation thread. I did some time ago *vainly hopes they will be looked at eventually*
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline f-meister

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • f-meister has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 15, 2016, 07:45:56 »
The idea is that its an illusion... there not hitting you but themselfs wind bult gets shot in the foot fire breath backfires. chidori discharges on themselfs. by just changing the damage to them i accomplishes the illusion with out the need for any other effects.
I like the idea, It could maybe be more like you create the illusion that disrupts a players memory and can make them fail their jutsu and do side effect damage from it

Nova explained it for me. First, understand the meaning of the word "forbidden".
Forbidden jutsus could be "banned" jutsus that are broke in the game and are being worked on. Only used by those testing it or like 1 person etc server?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:55:27 by Nova »
  • Character Name: Garo

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #349 on: March 15, 2016, 08:23:30 »
Nova explained it for me. First, understand the meaning of the word "forbidden".
Forbidden jutsus could be "banned" jutsus that are broke in the game and are being worked on. Only used by those testing it or like 1 person etc server?
no, Forbidden Jutsu are jutsu that are illegal, because they're too dangerous. The ones being tested don't need a category unless they're gonna be in game.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #350 on: March 15, 2016, 16:26:34 »
Please view this topic for more information on Forbidden techniques and how they will work in-game.
http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2170.0

First page pretty much explains things, and on the last page you'll notice Vreg clearing things out.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #351 on: March 19, 2016, 15:33:11 »
Has anyone Played this Horrible game for PSP

Kingdom of paradise  was a action rpg for the PSP
there was a crap chi arts system similar to chakra in naruto in this game.
It was little better then a GO RIGHT game but
one thing it did pretty good for what it had was
a attack combo (san'yuan) editor called  Bugei scrolls
here is a wiki page if you're interested in more.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Paradise#Story
I think Taijutsu and kenjutsu should work on a similar system
In the game attack damage was dealt based on the number of attacks that
connected in the combo. the combos can be edited as new moves are gathered
in scrolls. creating your own unique fighting style. the animations of attacks
limited the kind of attack that could fallow in Kingdom... IE if you
nock our opponent to the ground you cant kick them in to the air,
or if you are in the air you cant do a linear attack strike moving forward.
each animation is a button press and each button needed to be pressed at
the right time in the combo. because the attack animations took different amount
of times to execute it was not a simply button mashing game it took some skill to
to get the complete combo in. because you were fighting stupid AI in kingdom there 
was no need for a counter, throw or break-through animations. But with SLO you will
be playing with REAL people. so working in a throw,counter,brake-throw or block after a long animation
attack would likely increse the chances of getting more hits in or at least avoiding damage from a
counter attack This would take a long time as the animations alone would likely take years to make
not to mention coding each move with Physical energy ( stamina ) usage, and damage per hit.
VERY long term but wanted to get others idea on the subject.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 15:36:30 by cmsurfer »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2016, 21:14:34 »
On "SLO Arena Tournement Brackets" topic:

@cmsurfer I don't think you have to introduce your chakra through one of the target's senses to activate the genjutsu. Kabuto doesn't interact in any way with the viewers of Chuunin Exam when he inflicts the sleeping genjutsu on them. And don't tell me that he inflicted chakra through the feathers that the audience saw.
Also some genjutsus do require hand signs. Don't mix it with the sharingan genjutsus.
I think Kabuto is performing the "tiger" sign when he falls asleep the audiance.
Kurenai uses tiger hand sign as well in her fight against Itachi.

@SirTroll that video only strengthen my argument. Key word: "affects"
He says: "Genjutsu works by affecting one of the five senses."
This is not equivalent to saying "genjutsu is delivered to the target through the mean of the five senses."

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2016, 21:38:29 »
On "SLO Arena Tournement Brackets" topic:

@cmsurfer I don't think you have to introduce your chakra through one of the target's senses to activate the genjutsu. Kabuto doesn't interact in any way with the viewers of Chuunin Exam when he inflicts the sleeping genjutsu on them. And don't tell me that he inflicted chakra through the feathers that the audience saw.
Also some genjutsus do require hand signs. Don't mix it with the sharingan genjutsus.
I think Kabuto is performing the "tiger" sign when he falls asleep the audiance.
Kurenai uses tiger hand sign as well in her fight against Itachi.

This is not equivalent to saying "genjutsu is delivered to the target through the mean of the five senses."
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Genjutsu
all genjutsu is a yin release.. that  yin chakra must effect the targets chakra in there body-this means it must enter the targets body in some way and that is through one of the 5 senses. once in the body the genjutsu effects all the senses creating the effect the caster wants. but this is not achieved simply by thinking of what you want the targets chakra to do... your yin chakra influences the flow.

this is why you need someone else chakra to interrupt the flow of a high level genjutsu.
the casters yin chakra over takes your your own chakra control, you need someone else to interrupt the flow the caster is creating.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 21:51:13 by cmsurfer »

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2016, 21:46:37 »
Welp, I watched the video again and searched around the topic, all I could find was some non-canon stuff. What you said is true, but back to my original point, if you block all 5 of your senses, it cant 'effect' any of them, so the genjutsu does nothing. make sense?

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #355 on: March 21, 2016, 22:41:50 »
Welp, I watched the video again and searched around the topic, all I could find was some non-canon stuff. What you said is true, but back to my original point, if you block all 5 of your senses, it cant 'effect' any of them, so the genjutsu does nothing. make sense?
yes sir trolls is right... if there is no way for the chakra to enter your body...there is no way genjutsu will effect your senses. that is why jutsu like the hidden mist worked against kakashi's hypnotic eye, and why ear plugs worked against Tayuya's flute.

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2016, 08:35:15 »
If you disable all of your 5 senses, you might as well be dead.
If you disable all of them, how are you ever going to fight back?

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2016, 12:37:39 »
If you disable all of your 5 senses, you might as well be dead.
If you disable all of them, how are you ever going to fight back?
Chakra detection with senjutsu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2016, 12:41:45 »
Well, what cmsurfer said makes sense. But I am still in an impasse as of how Kabuto activated that jutsu.

What SirTroll said is however, not true from my point of view. For a better understanding, some basic biology is required:

The five senses are called so because they are simply sensations. Hearing, sight, taste are just sensations. For this sensations to occur there are some components that play there role for everything to be fine:

Sense receiver (eyes, ears, skin, taste buds etc.) that captures the external stimulus (light, sound, food etc.), turn them into a nerve impulse and sent it further through sensory pathways (like the visual nerve- the nasty thing that you see hanging out of a removed eye that looks like a vein). The nerve impulse reaches the brain that turns the information received into a sensation (pain, hearing etc.) and if it's the case will send another nerve impulse to an action muscle in case the stimulus is harmful (e.g.: when you touch a hot surface, the receiver=the skin sends the information to the brain, the brain turns it into a sensation=pain and sends back another impulse that will tell some muscles to act, resulting in your movement of getting your hand away from the surface).

Now that we clarified this out, in my opinion, if you block, let's say, your vision by blindfolding, it doesn't mean you will be protected by a genjutsu that makes you see things.
Why? Because the genjutsu may be activated through a sound, you hear the sound, and once your chakra flow is controlled by the caster, it may create a pseudo impulse sent to your brain that would cause your brain to generate images, therefore you would start seeing things.

@Nova, this is a hypothetical discussion. Nothing practically.

Also, the senjutsu thing is bullshit, it won't replace all your senses. Not to say that pressure feeling is still a sense so it would be enough a finger touch to trap you inside the genjutsu. How would you protect from being touched?

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #359 on: March 22, 2016, 12:55:59 »
Lol really this trying to block your five senses thing is impractical. You just have to be smart and be aware of your enemy or surroundings.
There are measures you can take for things like this.
Par example : Staying a good distance away.
Try to not to make eye contact . Etc.

Like there's limits to genjustu too.

• Character Name: Isei