Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64359
Latest: wholesale pharmacy
New This Month: 228
New This Week: 64
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 75634
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 1092
Total: 1110

Author Topic: SLO Interview - #2  (Read 5607 times)

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TheStylee has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Blackbox
SLO Interview - #2
« on: May 14, 2017, 21:06:45 »
Hi everyone to another SLO Interview with Style!(literally). Today we get a big fish,Vreg himself.We wanted to know how things is going on back there,so we asked the admin himself.Now let's enjoy it together!

P.S:I'd love to hear all the questions you have guys.Im sure Vreg will try to answer to the most of them here so leave them on comm section!Enjoy:

Me:First of all,Hi Vreg and thank you and welcome on SLO-Interview #2 ^^
Vreg - Hi
Me - Im Alex,20 years old guy from Romania,huge fan of your project.I summed few questions of our mates from this discord and ill try to ask you these.In my imagination,this wll calm down things and will help a lot the ' communication thing ' between staff and community
First of all i'd like to ask you who you are :smiley: . Share with us al the infos u are confortable with.A name,an age, where from ? ^^

Vreg - Nice to meet you Alex :smiley: Vreg, about to turn 23, living in Belgium but ethnically Armenian
fulltime software engineer at Cronos
Me - What is Shinobi life online? I mean,we all readed the main page text,but where does this come from?There are a lot of people with dev skills but nobody got the balls to actually create a game like this.Where did you get this motivation from ?
Vreg - Started to marathon Naruto, reached the end of the anime as far as it had gotten at that time, and was a little disappointed with real life not being so awesome
so I decided to create a virtual world where we can all be shinobi

Me - How your experience as dev was influenced by this decision?Did you caught experience during this journey?
Vreg - yes, I learned the ins and outs of game development, which is a very different type of software development compared to traditional software development
Me - What is your relationship with the other people that help your dream comming to reality( the devs ) ? :smile:
Vreg - Some of them are people that I've met and have been friends with since the start of the project, others are more recent, but everyone is great
Me - I gotta be honest, Vreg.People talk.People talk a lot.Even Matt said in an old interview that some devs are lazy.Some of them innactive.What's the story behind this?Is there any missunderstantings between you guys?
Vreg - This is a hobby project, so we don't always have time to work on it, hence sometimes devs are inactive
There's no revenue that funds the project, donations are barely enough to keep things running
Me - I understand.This drive me to the next question.How's your relationship with Matt?He's known as the most devotated dev  on the project
Vreg - Matt is indeed the most active developer on our team, partly due to his dedication and also due to his circumstances that allow him to spend more time on the project
Me - The number of devs on actual team are enough to keep things running ?
Vreg - We are planning to do a huge step-up in development in the next 2 months
and yes we have enough contributers

Me - Do you have any special conssideration for a member of the team?Do you dislike any of SLO member staff in a express way?
Vreg - Nope, we are all good friends
Me - What's the future of the project?Something spicy and important going on this year?
Vreg - We just hope to reach alpha as early as we can, both so that the game can be enjoyed by a broader audience but also so that we can start a crowfunding campaing and really kickstart the project into much more active development
Me - How's the trailer going on,btw?Does it beginning to catch contour?
Vreg - The trailer has finished but unfortunately it was rendered out on a laptop with Fastest graphics, so it has to be rerendered completely before we can publically release it.
Me - Oh,what a shame.
How's your relationship with the community?Be as honest as you can.Does it motivate you?Does it annoy you sometime?

Vreg - The community is great, I try to interact with them as much as I can, I appreciate them for their continued support to SLO in better and worse times
Me - I'd like you listen your answer to the people that say the next sentence: " Why does SLO develop so hard?It's been 4 years and too little things happened"
Vreg - Lack of time
However we're currently in the process of changing the way we do things to be more productive, and hopefully that will show soon with new updates

Me - So you got some big goals for this year.Do you have any surprise for us this summer, guys?
Vreg - Wouldn't be a surprise if we told you about it
Me - Well played,heh.
After the game release,how we will see Vreg?Some kage,elder,or maybe even a simple player?
Vreg - Information about that is spread around the forum, if you do some digging I'm sure you'll find something
Me - I understand.That's all Vreg.For now.Don't relax,all of us are watching you.And support you aswell,don't forget that.
Thank you a lot,it was a pleasure ^^

Vreg - My pleasure
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 22:17:41 by TheStylee »

• Character Name: TheStylee

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
Re: SLO Interview - #2
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 21:21:28 »
@TheStylee I wouldn't mind decorating things up a bit for your next interview (thread wise)
And as always it's fun to read these :)
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline sirpaul

• Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • sirpaul has no influence.
  • Previosly known as Fampo
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsunagami
  • Organization: Roguhanta and Blackbox
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 21:34:25 »
Vreg - Hi
Me - Im Alex,20 years old guy from Romania,huge fan of your project.I summed few questions of our mates from this discord and ill try to ask you these.In my imagination,this wll calm down things and will help a lot the ' communication thing ' between staff and community
First of all i'd like to ask you who you are :smiley: . Share with us al the infos u are confortable with.A name,an age, where from ? ^^

Vreg - Nice to meet you Alex :smiley: Vreg, about to turn 23, living in Belgium but ethnically Armenian
Me - What is Shinobi life online? I mean,we all readed the main page text,but where does this come from?There are a lot of people with dev skills but nobody got the balls to actually create a game like this.Where did you get this motivation from ?
Vreg - Started to marathon Naruto, reached the end of the anime as far as it had gotten at that time, and was a little disappointed with real life not being so awesome

Me - How your experience as dev was influenced by this decision?Did you caught experience during this journey?
Vreg - yes, I learned the ins and outs of game development, which is a very different type of software development compared to traditional software development
Me - What is your relationship with the other people that help your dream comming to reality( the devs ) ? :smile:
Vreg - Some of them are people that I've met and have been friends with since the start of the project, others are more recent, but everyone is great
Me - I gotta be honest, Vreg.People talk.People talk a lot.Even Matt said in an old interview that some devs are lazy.Some of them innactive.What's the story behind this?Is there any missunderstantings between you guys?
Vreg - This is a hobby project, so we don't always have time to work on it, hence sometimes devs are inactive
There's no revenue that funds the project, donations are barely enough to keep things running
Me - I understand.This drive me to the next question.How's your relationship with Matt?He's known as the most devotated dev  on the project
Vreg - Matt is indeed the most active developer on our team, partly due to his dedication and also due to his circumstances that allow him to spend more time on the project

Me - Do you have any special conssideration for a member of the team?Do you dislike any of SLO member staff in a express way?
Me - What's the future of the project?Something spicy and important going on this year?
Vreg - We just hope to reach alpha as early as we can, both so that the game can be enjoyed by a broader audience but also so that we can start a crowfunding campaing and really kickstart the project into much more active development
Vreg - The trailer has finished but unfortunately it was rendered out on a laptop with Fastest graphics, so it has to be rerendered completely before we can publically release it.
Me - Oh,what a shame.
How's your relationship with the community?Be as honest as you can.Does it motivate you?Does it annoy you sometime?

Vreg - The community is great, I try to interact with them as much as I can, I appreciate them for their continued support to SLO in better and worse times
Me - I'd like you listen your answer to the people that say the next sentence: " Why does SLO develop so hard?It's been 4 years and too little things happened"
Vreg - Lack of time
However we're currently in the process of changing the way we do things to be more productive, and hopefully that will show soon with new updates

Me - So you got some big goals for this year.Do you have any surprise for us this summer, guys?
Me - Well played,heh.
After the game release,how we will see Vreg?Some kage,elder,or maybe even a simple player?
Vreg - Information about that is spread around the forum, if you do some digging I'm sure you'll find something
Me - I understand.That's all Vreg.For now.Don't relax,all of us are watching you.And support you aswell,don't forget that.

Vreg - My pleasure

for those who dont want to read such small text
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:40:03 by Nova »
  • Character Name: Sirpaul

Offline IbrahimRafi

• Genin Poster
  • IbrahimRafi has no influence.
  • It’s hard to explain
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 21:36:37 »
Very Interesting to read. As much as I hope the things Vreg says is true, I will have to wait and see what happens in the future.
Nonetheless nice post. Also try ask someone to polish things up for you before you post :).
  • Character Name: Raiden

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 21:38:40 »
That was a fun read :D

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 04:13:47 »
well done again my man.
Wasnt expecting you'd catch vreg so early :P , but anyways, summer's gonna have surprises :D yayy!

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • TheStylee has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 05:54:49 »
@Remi : Usually @Shivraj  save my ass on these things,but ill count on you.thank u <3
@Fampo : Open ur damn eyes fatty.
@IbrahimRafi : Thank u justin. <3
@Uzumaki Hari : Thank you a lot ! ^^
@Toratsume Nyshn :It wasn't a damn easy thing to catch him xD
  • Character Name: TheStylee

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 06:28:44 »
Nice Read. Could have been better in terms of layout,
Good job nonetheless.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 10:29:17 »
Vreg - Hi

Me - Oh,what a shame.

Vreg - Lack of time

Me - Well played,heh.

Vreg - My pleasure

pfft you just wanted to make the text big

noice interview again, wonder how u got greg to talk to ya
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:38:49 by Nova »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline sirpaul

• Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • sirpaul has no influence.
  • Previosly known as Fampo
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsunagami
  • Organization: Roguhanta and Blackbox
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 12:14:04 »
Vreg - Hi

Me - Oh,what a shame.

Vreg - Lack of time

Me - Well played,heh.

Vreg - My pleasure

pfft you just wanted to make the text big

noice interview again, wonder how u got greg to talk to ya
no, i actually had pained eyes when reading the small text, so i made it big and read it. then i thought i'd share it with others..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 16:41:21 by Fampo »
  • Character Name: Sirpaul

Offline IbrahimRafi

• Genin Poster
  • IbrahimRafi has no influence.
  • It’s hard to explain
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 12:37:52 »