Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76983
Total Topics: 22498
Most Online Today: 1099
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1051
Total: 1058
Google (7)

Author Topic: Beginning.  (Read 6998 times)

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
Beginning.
« on: June 18, 2016, 21:37:42 »
I think that Clans are very essential in this game so.

At the beginning, we'd need to be prompted to join a clan, a clan can only have a selected few attributes.
So if I may ask, how will clans actually get inside this game?

A clan probably will have a few traits they have, maybe this one tattoo you have to have somewhere in your body, or the hair color you'll have.

Also, if a person starts out without a clan than joins a clan where everybody has Red eyes, how will he join? Or are we able to change our appearance when joining a clan?

• Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Scrumpeh

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Scrumpeh has no influence.
  • Spaghetti Aficionado
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Beginning.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 22:21:04 »
I'd imagine many, if not all clans will have some sort of mark/sign/appearance that signifies that they are part of that clan.

Also, if a person starts out without a clan than joins a clan where everybody has Red eyes, how will he join? Or are we able to change our appearance when joining a clan?

I'm not entirely sure how much we would be able to change appearance wise. This is the only thing I can think of on the top of my head: (this is pure speculation)

When joining a clan that has an appearance trait or any other sort of trait associated with it, you will automatically be given said appearance trait upon joining. So in your example, you would get red eyes if you joined the clan.
  • Character Name: Rokuro Akagi

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 22:29:37 »
If my memory serves me right, you pick/set a clan when you create your character.
As for traits, you'll most likely adjust to those yourselves (idk if it'll be restricted.)

Offline Manuster

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 00:09:37 »

When joining a clan that has an appearance trait or any other sort of trait associated with it, you will automatically be given said appearance trait upon joining. So in your example, you would get red eyes if you joined the clan.

This seems the best decision.

However this also raises another question, will the individual have to join the clan via the forums first?     
Or could they join ingame without applying through the forums.

And will the character choose their last name? Or could anyone add "Kirishima" to their last name without belonging to the clan.

RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Scrumpeh

• Academy Student Poster
  • Scrumpeh has no influence.
  • Spaghetti Aficionado
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 00:28:28 »
However this also raises another question, will the individual have to join the clan via the forums first?     
Or could they join ingame without applying through the forums.

And will the character choose their last name? Or could anyone add "Kirishima" to their last name without belonging to the clan.

I'm curious about that, myself.
  • Character Name: Rokuro Akagi

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 09:38:10 »
Then again, someone that's named Kirishima in the end without even being in the clan is disgraceful towards the clan, so what that will happen right here would be nice to know.

I'm guessing the clan will have bases in all the cities, though some people won't get accepted and stuff.

The names will be a lot in this game, the last name is our pride, our honor.

How will they confront this? lel

Offline Manuster

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 13:55:28 »
@Vreg will people be able to choose their last names or will it be automatically attached to their clan?

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 13:56:29 »
@Vreg will people be able to choose their last names or will it be automatically attached to their clan?
Last name is your clan's name.

EDIT: Also joining a clan on the forum will no longer exist once a proper clan system has been implemented, the forum will rather reflect whichever clan your character is part of in the game.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 13:59:22 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 13:57:17 »

Why wouldn't it be though?

Clans is one important manner in this world, your clan may determine your death even.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 14:24:17 »
Last name is your clan's name.

EDIT: Also joining a clan on the forum will no longer exist once a proper clan system has been implemented, the forum will rather reflect whichever clan your character is part of in the game.

nice, but how will leaders be able to choose who joins their clan or not? Is it going to be a free for all?  Or will there still be some sort of application system?

Offline Crono

• Genin Poster
  • Crono has no influence.
  • despacito
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 14:31:53 »
Probably where you click join and you have to await to be accepted after the clan leader looks at a fact file of yours or whatever.
  • Character Name: Crono Hinode

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 15:31:11 »
Well, I was thinking that they also had to make a application, though since it's a clan, I think they'll just have to choose in the character creation, the clan leader can't check applications of a million players or so.

Offline Isis

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 13:19:18 »

There could simply be a tag under a player's name that indicates if he is any clan or organization. So that if someone manually enters his last name as Kirishima without going through the proper way of being accepted in the clan, their clan tag would be empty.
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 15:41:37 »
Well, I was thinking that they also had to make a application, though since it's a clan, I think they'll just have to choose in the character creation, the clan leader can't check applications of a million players or so.
i dont think there'll be restriction when it comes to clans as even if we were to take real life into it your parents don't choose what type of child they want the just end up with one, therefore i believe all clans will/should be available and the only limit should be the amount of players in a clan to try and ensure all clans have a close ratio in terms of members and to ensure players aren't overwhelmed by the number of clans available the can be a narrow search option to ensure players can end up in their ideal clan.

There could simply be a tag under a player's name that indicates if he is any clan or organization. So that if someone manually enters his last name as Kirishima without going through the proper way of being accepted in the clan, their clan tag would be empty.
i disagree with this as in all fairness as it wouldn't be fitting having your clan name appear as a tag but rather it be best if it appeared next to your name and if the player chooses not to end up in a clan then the space will remain empty til' they join a clan , besides there may be a player out there who'll be a dumbAss and call himself 'Madara Uzumaki' then discovers he can choose a clan and he'll feel stupid and be forced to restart or go on with that dumb name whilst on the other hand he could just 'Please insert name' 'please choose clan'
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Manuster

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 16:41:43 »
Meeh Yama does have a good point.

And if someone joins a clan and they're not wanted, they can be banished?

I've thought about the character creation page and although it's far from being implemented, I think it should go like this.

• First Name
  • Village (while choosing a village, all clans available within each village should be shown)
  • Clan (this should be after choosing village imo as not all clans are available in every village, for example a Nobleblood Kirishima has to have fire primary so cannot start in 6 villages)
  • Primary Chakra Nature (May be restricted due to clan, for example a Nobleblood Kirishima has to be Fire)
  • Physical Characteristics (Once again, the user should have no choice for the clan specific features, all Tsukegami's must have white hair)

The clan name is added to the character's first name and cannot be changed unless the person leaves is banished from the clan.

To prevent any confusion, all clan specific info should be shown before any choice is made