Forum > Shinobi Life Online Suggestions

Pro Perma-Death Suggestions

(1/1)

Beedle:
Hey guys, used to follow other naruto mmos but most have died off and i finally came across this one & have to say i have more hopes for this than i have had for any other naruto mmo in development.
Perma-death is the way to go, we don't want someone who has achieved madara lvl and ambitions to be constantly reviving and causing chaos.

Now i know Vreg has been saying he wants this game to be as realistic as possible so perhaps a bleed-out system could be implemented into the death programming.

Idea 1: Bleed-out
For those who don't follow, bleed-out systems are like being in final stand in CoD or being downed in GoW etc.  pretty much your HP has reached 0, but instead of instantly dying or if i am correct the current idea is letting the victor hold the losers life in there hands, you are on the ground, immobile, waiting for someone to come save you.  This seems realistic to me since you rarely see a character die instantly, they always have some final words.

HOWEVER before bleed-out occurs i do believe the victor should have the choice.

Now if the character bleeding out is in midst battle with his/her squad and enemies are around, the squad may try to save their fallen comrade but would have to fend off the attackers also.

I have not tested this game(a question ill post at the end of this thread) so idk how fast gamepace/fighting goes but perhaps a 30sec - 1 min bleed-out period since it is perma-death seems reasonable to me.  It would give enough time to cast a distraction or perhaps beat the enemy. 

Idea 2: High lvl Player killers

This may not be favored by people but realistically if we follow Naruto those who are strong and fight the weak do not seem to finish them off.  It hurts their pride to take the life of someone who couldn't put up a fight.

I personally would prefer if someone who surpasses you greatly would only have the option to let you live, no way a genin is beating a jounin if this games realistic.

Yet i would also like to suggest if that option isn't liked, perhaps a penalization system for those who pick on the weak and perhaps a compensation towards the victim.

Idea 3: To kill or not to kill

This is somewhat a question but would it not benefit every payer to perma- kill their opponents?  this is a video-game after all, i do not have a problem being a cold-hearted shinobi for my benefit especially since i know tmmrw i could be remaking my character. Would there be an incentive not to kill?

Anyway 2nd part to this.  Giving the victor the option to end the losers life would be a pop up such as being resurrected in other mmos i assume.  This would be problematic for any situation that isn't a 1v1 duel, the reason is obvious.

MY QUESTION ABOUT TESTING

is there a reason i cant access the web browser game?  i press test ( once again just joined & have not donated yet, would like to get more familiar first) and was wondering if that was why i couldn't access it?  I assumed there were 2 separate tabs & the free one would be an older less updated version but i'm still sort of upset i cant get it to work.  Anyone have this problem?  i use google chrome

m4r1us:
There'll be a perma death server and there'll be RP servers where perma death is disabled. However, those RP servers have strict rules like no metagaming for example.

Beedle:
oh man maybe i shouldve spent more time checking the forums, didnt catch that lol, thanks.

m4r1us:

--- Quote from: Beedle on July 04, 2014, 16:23:21 ---oh man maybe i shouldve spent more time checking the forums, didnt catch that lol, thanks.

--- End quote ---
Oh no problem, and dw I don't think Vreg has said it on the forum yet. Only few people who were online in the chatbox a few days ago and team members know about those. ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version