Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64452
Latest: Wendellrix
New This Month: 321
New This Week: 82
New Today: 11
Stats
Total Posts: 76540
Total Topics: 22109
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 940
Total: 955

Poll

Who would win?

Kazuki Akagi
12 (80%)
Yoru Satori
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: September 28, 2016, 21:50:53

Author Topic: Shinobi Duels #3  (Read 7744 times)

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Shinobi Duels #3
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 13:59:07 »
I've come to the decision the Phoenix will remain fire only because if I allow a beast to be a specific element then anyone could make an animal/element to be OP with their element. In Naruto, the summonings were not nature users but just giant ass animals with either taijutsu/kenjutsu to help them fight. For example, the toads were kenjutsu users and the snakes used poison (as a snake would) and the slugs were... Well... Fking weird to say the least. But yeah, the animal, if mythological like a phoenix, will be as the mythology states.

Not saying you can't have an attack of an animal form though, such as water dragon, but you cannot ride it around for extended periods of time.. Maybe not at all really. However, such a thing can't be specified for these duels as people will make OP jutsu.
Alright, but that would give me Phoenix Sage mode, yeah?

It'd give me the advantage of the sage mode (I don't think it would give me fire jutsu?), plus toad wouldn't be able to use wind against lightning, since my phoenix (if I summon it)would stop his wind, that means it's either Fire against Fire or Fire against Lightning in ninjutsu, and taijutsu against kenjutsu in melee, the sword gives toad more range, but perhaps I could use lightning chakra to enhance my strikes somehow (A primitive form of nin-taijutsu, as I said in my first reply to this thread), plus agility, which gives me a sharper edge over his range, he could use his wind chakra to coat the sword, although, I don't think he could hit me if I'm already agile + the sage mode.

That all depends on if I get the sage mode though

Also, is the vote changeable after voting? In case Toad makes a good point.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 14:12:21 »
I've come to the decision the Phoenix will remain fire only because if I allow a beast to be a specific element then anyone could make an animal/element to be OP with their element. In Naruto, the summonings were not nature users but just giant ass animals with either taijutsu/kenjutsu to help them fight. For example, the toads were kenjutsu users and the snakes used poison (as a snake would) and the slugs were... Well... Fking weird to say the least. But yeah, the animal, if mythological like a phoenix, will be as the mythology states.

Not saying you can't have an attack of an animal form though, such as water dragon, but you cannot ride it around for extended periods of time.. Maybe not at all really. However, such a thing can't be specified for these duels as people will make OP jutsu.

It'd give me the advantage of the sage mode (I don't think it would give me fire jutsu?), plus toad wouldn't be able to use wind against lightning, since my phoenix (if I summon it)would stop his wind, that means it's either Fire against Fire or Fire against Lightning in ninjutsu, and taijutsu against kenjutsu in melee, the sword gives toad more range, but perhaps I could use lightning chakra to enhance my strikes somehow (A primitive form of nin-taijutsu, as I said in my first reply to this thread), plus agility, which gives me a sharper edge over his range, he could use his wind chakra to coat the sword, although, I don't think he could hit me if I'm already agile + the sage mode.

Votes are unchangeable and therefore you must choose wisely. The sage mode abilities are very vague to be honest. I don't know what to allow for it to make sure it isn't OP enough for everyone to suddenly want it on their profile. I think sage of an animal will only give the summoning ability in these duels and no boost in anything else.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 14:55:08 »

Votes are unchangeable and therefore you must choose wisely. The sage mode abilities are very vague to be honest. I don't know what to allow for it to make sure it isn't OP enough for everyone to suddenly want it on their profile. I think sage of an animal will only give the summoning ability in these duels and no boost in anything else.
True, that would make people have summonings that make them OP af, hmm, alright then.

@Manuster how would a fire summon be used against me? He's not a fire bender, he can only make fire, plus the summon would save me from his wind attacks, which gives me a Fire to Fire (my summon) or Fire to Lightning thing, as I stated in my previous post

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 15:49:31 »

True, that would make people have summonings that make them OP af, hmm, alright then.

@Manuster how would a fire summon be used against me? He's not a fire bender, he can only make fire, plus the summon would save me from his wind attacks, which gives me a Fire to Fire (my summon) or Fire to Lightning thing, as I stated in my previous post
Well, by myth, the phoenix is a bird made of fire so if he hit it with a wind attack, at the right angle, it would throw the flames at you as wind/fire work well together. That's what I meant how he can use your summon against you.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 16:41:26 »

Well, by myth, the phoenix is a bird made of fire so if he hit it with a wind attack, at the right angle, it would throw the flames at you as wind/fire work well together. That's what I meant how he can use your summon against you.

Basically what Leebz said, that and any attacks directly aimed at him.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 05:28:31 »
Hmm, but Fire is strong against wind, and the phoenix won't be between me and Toad, it'd be higher than that, plus, the chakra ratio needs to be matched for it to work

"Because the wind to flame ratio is perfectly balanced, the flames are greatly enhanced"

"Referring to the original use of this technique, Tobirama Senju noted that he had never seen such a Kagutsuchi before, and that this technique had the same chakra ratio from both its parent techniques, which he noted was something tough to achieve, even for an experienced duo. This was later attributed to Sasuke's use of the Sharingan to perfectly match his chakra ratio to Naruto's."

Now, this could just be to make it "strong" but I don't think an element that's stronger than another element would mix into that element and cause the attack to get stronger, it would negate the attack of the other element,  like earth against water, water against fire, wind against lightning, and lightning against earth

Now, I get that the wind could be used as a force to propel the flames towards me, and then the wind gets eaten by the fire, but as I said, the phoenix wouldn't be on ground level, but yeah, discounting the phoenix seems like a better option, if he could use it against me.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 13:52:03 »
Hmm, but Fire is strong against wind, and the phoenix won't be between me and Toad, it'd be higher than that, plus, the chakra ratio needs to be matched for it to work

"Because the wind to flame ratio is perfectly balanced, the flames are greatly enhanced"

"Referring to the original use of this technique, Tobirama Senju noted that he had never seen such a Kagutsuchi before, and that this technique had the same chakra ratio from both its parent techniques, which he noted was something tough to achieve, even for an experienced duo. This was later attributed to Sasuke's use of the Sharingan to perfectly match his chakra ratio to Naruto's."

Now, this could just be to make it "strong" but I don't think an element that's stronger than another element would mix into that element and cause the attack to get stronger, it would negate the attack of the other element,  like earth against water, water against fire, wind against lightning, and lightning against earth

Now, I get that the wind could be used as a force to propel the flames towards me, and then the wind gets eaten by the fire, but as I said, the phoenix wouldn't be on ground level, but yeah, discounting the phoenix seems like a better option, if he could use it against me.
We're not talking about fire jutsu and wind jutsu here bud. We're talking about the very real factor that a fire gets enhanced by wind. There is a saying and it goes "Fanning the flames" and it's based on logic that flames get bigger by wind and if a gust of wind can blow at a strong source of fire such as a phoenix, the flames would turn into a firey tornado in whatever direction the wind blew(Especially by a controlled jutsu). The phoenix doesn't have to be between you and Toad, he could angle himself to make it happen.

There is no arguing the point that your summon would hinder you in this battle. There is that risk factor and that's how it is bud. It doesn't mean you instantly lose, my point is it is still a close fight and just because you have all these skills doesn't mean it can't be countered or used against you.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent