Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64061
Latest: Julidio
New This Month: 4154
New This Week: 120
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73874
Total Topics: 20753
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 842
Total: 855

Author Topic: SLO Voice Command  (Read 6918 times)

Offline Quadruped

• Web Developer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Quadruped has no influence.
  • I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • Github
  • Clan: BR
  • Organization: BR
SLO Voice Command
« on: June 06, 2016, 00:29:46 »
English

Hi, I make some voice control to make jutsu in SLO. Simple program written in Python.
I will send a VIDEO later, but you can try.

Portuguese

Ola! Criei um comando de voz em Python, para fazer JUTSU no SLO.
Mais tarde vou atualizar o topico com um VIDEO, mas voces podem baixar e tentar.

Github: https://github.com/Iazzetta/slo-voice-command

• Character Name: Quadruped
br hu3

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: SLO Voice Command
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 17:21:27 »
So you're saying I can scream chidori and it will cast for me?
fuck yeah.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 19:06:18 »
So you're saying I can scream chidori and it will cast for me?
fuck yeah.
I seriously want this
like now

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 22:11:46 »
This sounds really damned cool tbh ^_^).

I am wondering though, will this be:
~You state the name (Ex: "Chidori!") into the mic
~Mic states it into the game
~Jutsu sequence begins

--Or will the mic-statement be silent/soft? If it's silent/soft, you 'could' potentially have players gaining a significant advantage in combat by not having to focus on key-sequences, thereby leading to significant jutsu-casting speed advantages for players able/willing to utilize a mic. If, on the other hand, the mic-statement is *clearly* stated into the game, other players might still have a good chance of recognizing it and preparing a counter for said jutsu.

P.S. Just an after-thought, but would speaking it in --say, German-- be viable? If it isn't English-Locked, could you potentially have players overwhelming others ignorant of certain languages with foreign speech? ((No offence intended to speakers of other languages, the fact that you guys can speak and type two languages is awesome in my mind -- I just prefer balance in game-mechanics)).
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Quadruped

• Web Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 22:42:00 »
In this post, I'm just showing how I made a voice command to execute the jutsu. It really works and is already executing the jutsu. But it needs to be improved. I do not know if it will be integrated with the game, but it would be a good idea. I did it only for studies or for interested users use. Soon I make a .exe to be easy to use. Perhaps @Vreg can think of the voice command feature to the jutsu. It would not be a bad idea, but needs to be well defined.

Thanks!
br hu3

Online Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 22:51:44 »
Actually if I'm not mistaken, seals and voice are performed simultaneously in Naruto, one does not replace the other.

The only way I see this work is if you have to shout the jutsu name AFTER you complete the hand seals.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 23:57:31 »
I recently lost my hand in a sexual mishap. I would appreciate it if I was allowed to simply say my jutsu rather than do the actual jutsu combination.

Offline vipto

• The Lost Sennin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • vipto has no influence.
  • don't underestimate anyone, you might lose...
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 00:05:10 »
Actually if I'm not mistaken, seals and voice are performed simultaneously in Naruto, one does not replace the other.

The only way I see this work is if you have to shout the jutsu name AFTER you complete the hand seals.
so those hidden jutsus you have to scream all the words you know until you find the right one lol

*mom hears you screaming random names and goes to your room*
mom-wtf are you doing?
you- mom! help me scream every word you know so i can find the jutsu!

or it will have the name idk xD
  • Character Name: hishiro Nakai

Offline Quadruped

• Web Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 02:07:05 »
Could have the option to perform the jutsu through the combinations (quick way) and the option to perform the jutsu using the voice (could be a delay of 1 second or 2 to activate the jutsu).. I don't know
br hu3

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 04:42:11 »
Tbh, the reason they shout the names of jutsu is because otherwise we would have no idea they are supposed to be ninja techniques instead of magic. Also for cinematics in the anime. Many times techniques are done without being announced, but only in situations that will allow for a flashback to tell you how smart they were. If naruto had to shout henge every time he transformed his enemies would have seen through his plan. Also in fights such as sasuke vs someone integral to his backstory and motvation, They mostly thought the technique names. When ppl spit stuff in jutsu, they only think the name too. Exposing your move verbally should only be a option, not a requirement lol!

would suggest tying voice command and activation together only when ppl actually make seals with VR if at all
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Online Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 11:39:20 »
Tbh, the reason they shout the names of jutsu is because otherwise we would have no idea they are supposed to be ninja techniques instead of magic. Also for cinematics in the anime. Many times techniques are done without being announced, but only in situations that will allow for a flashback to tell you how smart they were. If naruto had to shout henge every time he transformed his enemies would have seen through his plan. Also in fights such as sasuke vs someone integral to his backstory and motvation, They mostly thought the technique names. When ppl spit stuff in jutsu, they only think the name too. Exposing your move verbally should only be a option, not a requirement lol!

would suggest tying voice command and activation together only when ppl actually make seals with VR if at all
I guess what they are suggesting is basically to allow you to shout the jutsu name and automatically perform hand seals based on that, your shout would then also get transmitted through SLO (positional) voice chat. This is something that could end up being controversial because it does not make sense in terms of the Narutoverse.

We would have to poll the community and find out if they truly support the idea.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 13:57:08 »
Just my 2 cents but if it's allowed it should be somthing you can't use right away. Ones your able to do a hand sing at a certain speed say as long as it takes to say the word. Then it should be allowed. So I. Short as a traind abuility yes but as a default no. But from what I understand this is a  separate program that dose this right. Not somthing that can be built in to the  Controls of the game?? If that's the case it will be hard to prevent people from using it anyway.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 14:52:20 »
Just my 2 cents but if it's allowed it should be somthing you can't use right away. Ones your able to do a hand sing at a certain speed say as long as it takes to say the word. Then it should be allowed. So I. Short as a traind abuility yes but as a default no. But from what I understand this is a  separate program that dose this right. Not somthing that can be built in to the  Controls of the game?? If that's the case it will be hard to prevent people from using it anyway.
Agreed, basically have the ability to do it once you master the jutsu.