Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73882
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 822
Total: 829
Seo-Ul-nor
Google (6)

Author Topic: Let there be growth!  (Read 26056 times)

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Let there be growth!
« on: December 22, 2016, 09:18:04 »
Hello Shinobi life online Yama here with another great suggestion which will only be answered by 4 people jk jk jk jk but yes either was here I go

I know we all wanna see a growth in shinobis from tiny children into old finished elders but with SLO's budget and resources and time this is near impossible but then I Yamasukage had an epitome.

Rather then have the shinobi age why not have this feature become associated with activity....(Wtf are you saying) okay here is a scenario, Manuster creates a character, Manuster is an average sized kid then after Manuster's character's online activity reaches 2 months and he is a high ranked genin or further the next time Manuster logs in he'll be taken to the character creation screen to customise his height and minor features, this is Manuster's change from kid to adult.

Later on if Manuster's character manages to get an online activity of 1 year 6 months he will be given the chance to edit his character's features on last time but will be given grey hair by default which signifies his change from adult to old man

And now that the scenarios are complete let me summarise it: when in-game characters reach certain milestones both in actvity and rank why not reward them with minor customisations which will signify the their growth e.g

Character starts as a kid
1 months activity- goes from kid to teen

6 month activity- teen to adult

18 months activity- adult to old person

Whether these things will add buffs and de-buffs to stats is up to you cause c'mon who wouldn't wanna look like Onoki or Mifune

@Vreg

Oh and does anyone else see that ad (sugarbaby jobs? Imma apply right now!)

• Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
Re: Let there be growth!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:25:15 »
Ok. Honestly, not a bad idea. 'Twould be interesting to change up your character's looks and reminisce about the old days when you were young and good-looking.
But not sure people would like debuffs. But then again, that would be actually very interesting and unique, because who the fuck wants to get old anyways? Being old would inspire others to actually recognize your experience and skill!
I really like this idea! There is so much roleplaying and realism value inherent in this!
Plus, it would make seppuku and looking for an awesome death in some battle a very important thing.

EDIT:
@Vreg
I feel that we should do this since it will give your character a feeling of mortality,
and remind us that nothing good will ever last forever.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:31:03 by mamita »

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline HavvicGames

• Chunin Poster
  • HavvicGames has no influence.
  • Got no quotes
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kamakiri
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:44:58 »
The idea seems really cool and roleplaying wise it adds more depth.However, I don't wanna end up like the tsuchikage with every time I try to do a cool move my back breaks. As long as that doesn't happen it could work very well.
  • Character Name: Kamakiri Mikachi

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:50:08 »
Well to be honest, you forgot that it's only after he leaves "Badass mode"
that he starts complaining again xD
This will make players revere and respect those
who managed to make it all the way to old age
without dying from some random kunai,
and remember and honor those heroes who died young.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

Offline taigakun

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 11:13:39 »
I think sticking to the traditional set age is the best idea. You either decide if you want your character to look like a kid or not. I mean i get where you guys are coming from, but no one really cares which characters are old or not in a game, and even if they even paid the slightest attention, that doesn't mean they will show respect lol(itz a game).

And the 'feeling of morality' isnt needed in a game lol, just look at life instead. I mean, some play games to escape reality at times, then if you are someone who does that, are you telling me you are willing to log into a game everyday to play an old character?

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 11:52:46 »
Not a bad idea, I like it a lot. It sure spices things up in the realm of roleplaying.
However, I've heard from Vreg that there will be no visual changes upon aging, so you could be a 10-year-old that looks like an adult.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I think it'll be a good idea to have an age indicator in the 'character' tab where you can view your stats. Logging in every day counts as a day of living after you set your birthday on the character creation menu. If you set your character to be 20 years old, you will have to log in for 365 days before your character can become 21.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline taigakun

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 13:14:39 »
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I think it'll be a good idea to have an age indicator in the 'character' tab where you can view your stats. Logging in every day counts as a day of living after you set your birthday on the character creation menu. If you set your character to be 20 years old, you will have to log in for 365 days before your character can become 21.
This idea i can agree with. Would be nice to see that function

Offline takami

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • takami has no influence.
  • ↑↑↑
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 13:51:09 »
but with every passing year you should see a screen to change the character and make it more believable for the age he has, otherwise if I create a character with 16 years, when he got  20 years will look the same

Offline taigakun

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 14:25:40 »
but with every passing year you should see a screen to change the character and make it more believable for the age he has, otherwise if I create a character with 16 years, when he got  20 years will look the same
But i do belive that i speak for myself and many others when i say i dont want my online fictional character to visually age in the game. It just feels like it takes something away from the game in a way.

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 15:16:22 »
I don't want to sink 18 months of activity into a character only to have it get old and wither away. I think Takami's idea is quite good, every year from the creation of their character players can recustomize it (within reason). Meaning you can't go from a 200 cm hulking beast to a 160 cm scrawny kid
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 18:13:06 »
Not a bad idea, I like it a lot. It sure spices things up in the realm of roleplaying.
However, I've heard from Vreg that there will be no visual changes upon aging, so you could be a 10-year-old that looks like an adult.
I don't like this tbh. I also don't agree with putting in hours of effort in developing a character and avoiding death only for him to eventually grow old and still die. However, the character customization is how I think this can be fixed. Lets go with something like a mix between DCUO's customization and PES' own. With dcuo customization you can choose physique ranging from brutox to small like a 12 year old. It also helps you choose posture, gait and even personality based on appearance(agressive, easy-going, serious and what not). With pes' customization we can easily and with great detail make changes to the faces/facial expressions of characters. So detailed to the point of giving a lot of choices ranging from hairstyles, eyes,noses ears and such. I believe that this combined with takumi's and America's idea of counting years based on actual days and granting reasonable re-customization access every 12 months of activity, will help the characters be as detailed and as in-depth as possible as well as adding a lot of RP magic. You can be 12 or 30 and look your age if that is what and you want (and ofc you can't change drastically from your previous appearance after only 365 days)
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 18:52:26 »
I don't like this tbh. I also don't agree with putting in hours of effort in developing a character and avoiding death only for him to eventually grow old and still die. However, the character customization is how I think this can be fixed. Lets go with something like a mix between DCUO's customization and PES' own. With dcuo customization you can choose physique ranging from brutox to small like a 12 year old. It also helps you choose posture, gait and even personality based on appearance(agressive, easy-going, serious and what not). With pes' customization we can easily and with great detail make changes to the faces/facial expressions of characters. So detailed to the point of giving a lot of choices ranging from hairstyles, eyes,noses ears and such. I believe that this combined with takumi's and America's idea of counting years based on actual days and granting reasonable re-customization access every 12 months of activity, will help the characters be as detailed and as in-depth as possible as well as adding a lot of RP magic. You can be 12 or 30 and look your age if that is what and you want (and ofc you can't change drastically from your previous appearance after only 365 days)

--was about was I had intended to say, only longer; There's no reason to add in an actual *aging system* if the customization is good enough, and players are given the option to customize their character whenever they want or, for the sake of...something, not really sure -- you could just stay with the system of giving everyone the ability to change up their character at....the start of every new month? Actually, that last bit sounds confusing -- I'd say it makes more sense to just allow players to change their character looks up through some sort of in-game function (just don't make it Asian-MMO flashy and it won't break the immersive experience too much, guys) that allows you to change your character around a bit --or perhaps even drastically-- for certain amounts of in-game currency. Enough to make it a worthy reward to achieve with time (or actual cash -- but that's a topic for another day), but not so much that it becomes ridiculous.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 01:44:05 »

--was about was I had intended to say, only longer; There's no reason to add in an actual *aging system* if the customization is good enough, and players are given the option to customize their character whenever they want or, for the sake of...something, not really sure -- you could just stay with the system of giving everyone the ability to change up their character at....the start of every new month? Actually, that last bit sounds confusing -- I'd say it makes more sense to just allow players to change their character looks up through some sort of in-game function (just don't make it Asian-MMO flashy and it won't break the immersive experience too much, guys) that allows you to change your character around a bit --or perhaps even drastically-- for certain amounts of in-game currency. Enough to make it a worthy reward to achieve with time (or actual cash -- but that's a topic for another day), but not so much that it becomes ridiculous.
I admit that the whole aging thing was going a bit too far,
but being able to change your character's preference's and looks like this is actually pretty good.
The more serious roleplayers can go ahead and age their character,
or like mars can remain an eternal child.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

Offline Manuster

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 02:35:25 »
I do personally love the idea of aging and death. Not only would it be a challenge to see who can take their character so far, but to discourage people too much, we could include buffs for any individuals who eventually do make it to the endgame. (These buffs would apply to the next character they create).

As an added feature, the deceased character would remain on the leaderboards, their name would probably be in italics to signify their deceased but it does add another element of realism that I think would take this game somewhere else. Furthermore, no character is going to die until about 24 months or 17520 hours.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline el polako

• Academy Student Poster
  • el polako has no influence.
  • E L # P O L A K O
    • View Profile
    • Check My Song's on Soundcloud !
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 08:29:19 »
Lads lads lads please chillout and listen to that one please. What yous will think if the ages will be depends only on missions that we did and hours plaid online . Thats will be like a level up . Who ever reach say from the kid 10 years old to adult 17 -18 he would need to do from 200 to 300 hours online on the server and around 40 -60 missions done . Easy for the stuff to do because that's not really a hard script because is based on "level up" only fiew more graphics of our shinobis but I don't think that our graphic will let us down and they will do the great job like always . Nd we .. players will have that's what we wanted 😀 .. easy way for both of the sides

😉 happy Christmas for everyone if I won't be able to be on the forum I'm saying already haha 😂😂
  • Character Name: el polako