Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64359
Latest: wholesale pharmacy
New This Month: 228
New This Week: 64
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 75634
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 1086
Total: 1104

Author Topic: Disguise Mechanics  (Read 9916 times)

Offline Sewshut

Re: Disguise Mechanics
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 03:03:00 »
While it might be difficult to work this into the game so it isn't abused or something, there are so many more possibilities with hiding your identity... and as ninja are usually stealth based it makes perfect sense to have something like this.
  • Character Name: Nuu Tsukegami
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)   
                                (ó ì_í)=ó  ︵ /(.□. )
                                                               ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 09:58:43 »
My suggestion is quite simple, i'd like to know what y'all think. If this game is truly aiming for realism then why not simply do this like it would be in real life? If you meet someone irl you do not know who they are or what their name is until this information has been exchanged, right? So in-game, rather than having this issue about masks hiding names or not, there should simply be no names.
If you meet someone, they can choose to disclose this info with you or not, once a name is given, it is then saved and will from that moment on be displayed above the player. Hence, the number of people you know or are acquainted with equals the number of names you see on your screen. If you do not know someone or have seen them but never been told their name, you cannot know it. Of course, as is the case irl, if someone you know puts on a mask or a disguise, their name will automatically disappear from above them on your and all their acquaintances' screens until said disguise is removed.
This would also work pretty well with NPCs such that being from a village doesn't guarantee you know everyone (NPCs included) in that village. It would also give a realistic feel to the game because foreigners will know next to no one in a village which is new to them while local players would have gotten to know most NPCs and player characters by their names.
This solves quite a few problems in my opinion but will definitely have its downside so, like I said, it's just a suggestion and is open to critiques and improvement.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:28:05 by StriderOtaku »
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 11:00:19 »
yesterday i was thinking about something like this: there should be an option that when you wear a mask no one can see your name/clan name (of course you could disable it so you can wear a cool mask and show your name)and only after you kill them or capture, you could take off their mask and see who you killed (if you kill that person).

i would like everyone to say why you like or why you don't like this idea and if you have something to add

This was discussed and planned like a year ago lol

-when the forum runs out of things to talk about they just talk about things ppl forgot
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline adithya

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 13:29:16 »
You guys do realize that the mask idea as wasn't the original one here, right? :P

Offline adithya

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 13:31:17 »
My suggestion is quite simple, i'd like to know what y'all think. If this game is truly aiming for realism then why not simply do this like it would be in real life? If you meet someone irl you do not know who they are or what their name is until this information has been exchanged, right? So in-game, rather than having this issue about masks hiding names or not, there should simply be no names.
If you meet someone, they can choose to disclose this info with you or not, once a name is given, it is then saved and will from that moment on be displayed above the player. Hence, the number of people you know or are acquainted with equals the number of names you see on your screen. If you do not know someone or have seen them but never been told their name, you cannot know it. Of course, as is the case irl, if someone you know puts on a mask or a disguise, their name will automatically disappear from above them on your and all their acquaintances' screens until said disguise is removed.
This would also work pretty well with NPCs such that being from a village doesn't guarantee you know everyone (NPCs included) in that village. It would also give a realistic feel to the game because foreigners will know next to no one in a village which is new to them while local players would have gotten to know most NPCs and player characters by their names.
This solves quite a few problems in my opinion but will definitely have its downside so, like I said, it's just a suggestion and is open to critiques and improvement.

This seems neat, but when it's for anonymity a player will stick out like a sore thumb in the midst of npcs. Hence the requirement for civilian disguise. At the click of a button.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 19:45:25 »

This is a really friggin good idea

@Vreg

I'd pay for this to be in the game
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 00:04:16 »
I think it's safe to say that any two people from the same village should be known or at least partially know of one another, especially given that those two are shinobi -- however, I *doubt* you would automatically know someone from another village; Therefore, why not just have the names of characters from *your* village be displayed above their heads, and those of others *not* be displayed until you hover over them?

This *could* work, I believe, if the spy from Village B meeting up with the spy from Village A (within Village A) dresses in similar fashion to an NPC from Village A, especially if *not all NPCs are automatically named*. This could mean shinobi within a village could walk right on by a spy without ever knowing that they're a player from another village.

But anyway, that's just my two cents, and I'm not sure whether or not anything like this will be implemented in the first place -- I just thought it was a decent idea to expand upon. Best of luck!
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 21:44:45 »

This for sure!!!

As for sticking out like a sore thumb. @adithya
This is were your skill at gathering information
And transformation jutsu comes in to play.

I would rather have a transformation jutsu that
Let's you assume the name of someone so you could go unnoticed by people that know that persons name.

However it is all depending on if you manage to
Get there name. It also makes a little thing like a name potentially dangerous information!!! I love this idea!!! No names displayed for everyone!!! Except my trusted friend of course!!!

Offline DrSuhi

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 09:25:35 »

To add to this brilliant idea, why not introduce identity sharing in the form of ninja info cards or something similar. Give the ability for anyone to share the identity of anyone they know, with anyone. A kage or a leader of your org would be able to share the info they have on the target, and you would have an easier time finding him or her. It would also give spies extra profit for selling peoples names and stuff.
We could also add false identities, so you could lie to people who you are investigating. Would make spying missions more interesting. Plus people would be suspicious of anyone they don't know, so they would do extensive background checks (if they are smart). Like if I infiltrated a village, and claimed to be from a certain clan, they would check with the clan if there is a person by that name in the clan. This is all assuming that the clan would know all of their members, which is also something that I think would fit with the realism factor since you usually know everybody in your family (clan) and not everybody in the city (village).
  • Character Name: Satoru Nii

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:46 »
No one thought about henge-ing into a prop, like a box, light pole, garbage can etc.?

Or, aside from using a jutsu, one could easily hide in something large enough by means of interacting, then changing the model to the prop.

Edit: okay it would not be a disguise but still a different kind of "hiding your presence by changing your appearance".
A valid stealth mechanic.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:44:34 by DarthTyrael »

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 12:03:45 »
Stealth is a key battle strategy!!! You could say it's the default battle strategy. So  anonymity should be default as well. Although maybe you could put on loud mouth mode!! And make your name visable to everyone all the time... even if you look like a rock!!! Lol

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 16:31:34 »
Strider's idea was already plannedee
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 17:22:51 »
Quote from: NinjaMirage
Let's you assume the name of someone so you could go unnoticed by people that know that persons name.
This would be really nice, i'd love to see it in-game.
To add to this brilliant idea, why not introduce identity sharing in the form of ninja info cards or something similar. Give the ability for anyone to share the identity of anyone they know, with anyone. A kage or a leader of your org would be able to share the info they have on the target, and you would have an easier time finding him or her. It would also give spies extra profit for selling peoples names and stuff.
We could also add false identities, so you could lie to people who you are investigating. Would make spying missions more interesting. Plus people would be suspicious of anyone they don't know, so they would do extensive background checks (if they are smart). Like if I infiltrated a village, and claimed to be from a certain clan, they would check with the clan if there is a person by that name in the clan. This is all assuming that the clan would know all of their members, which is also something that I think would fit with the realism factor since you usually know everybody in your family (clan) and not everybody in the city (village).
Nice. Information sharing as well would only help to increase the level of realism in the game.
I didn't know. I'm glad it is part of the dev's plans already.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 19:06:44 »

This for sure!!!

As for sticking out like a sore thumb. @adithya
This is were your skill at gathering information
And transformation jutsu comes in to play.

However it is all depending on if you manage to
Get there name. It also makes a little thing like a name potentially dangerous information!!! I love this idea!!! No names displayed for everyone!!! Except my trusted friend of course!!!

Exactly, the insane amount of realism aside, this puts a massive price on information gathering that brings the ninja back into shinobi.

I really friggin hope so

*nerdboner*

Aaaaaaand here ya go

https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2719.msg47040#msg47040
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me