Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64344
Latest: ppu-pro_tync
New This Month: 213
New This Week: 49
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 75561
Total Topics: 21489
Most Online Today: 1116
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 916
Total: 926
EdithSoure
Google (9)

Author Topic: To make evolving  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Ayiro

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ayiro has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
To make evolving
« on: January 15, 2017, 20:31:38 »
Hey guys, i'm french so i would like to say sorry if I don't use the words properly^^.
So to be short, i'm going to enunciate my ideas:

- As u did with houses why don't you let ppl (the community) assisting into the project, I read the forum (FAQ, and posts), and I exactly know that Vreg (even he doesn't know me xD) wishes to lead in order to respect the licence ya brought. Well I don't know how it works, yet I think you may create within unity a software which enable people to create:

- Not about jutsu because once again of the licence
- Maybe about equipment , NPC (throughout customization)

I'm kinda a bastard 'cause I bring some primitive ideas, but I don't know how to make it.
Nevermind, I hope that you have understood what I meant, and I hope it may change or help or whatever something

PS: I really love your job, I wish this project to be long.
PS2: France is really not good about language so i'm sorry again xd

Offline Sewshut

Re: To make evolving
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 22:26:19 »
I love your accent!  :D
  • Character Name: Nuu Tsukegami
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)   
                                (ó ì_í)=ó  ︵ /(.□. )
                                                               ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 00:18:22 »
@Ayiro "You have much to learn about English, young tadpole..."

I believe the developers tried something along these lines just recently, by allowing members of the community --for a short while, and only for a select few "first come, first serve"-- to make use of their modular buildings system by piecing together buildings of their own designs for the upcoming Hidden Hill...if that's still what we're calling it.

The trouble with this is that reaching out to the community in that way doesn't always guarantee the same levels of quality as that of what you'd expect out of your development team --this is why potential developers are always given a test to complete first, relative to the particular field(s) they're interested in helping out in-- and additionally, you might not even get many people signing up to help. In my own personal opinion, it's a bit of a sloppy way to do things -- about as much of a coin-toss as trying to assemble a game through a Garry's Mod community (in fairness, I'm sure there've been some interesting results to come out of that...but who here can honestly say those moments out-weigh the mountains of failed attempts to create something similar out of the same means?).

Still, I'm intrigued -- what does the rest of the community have to say on this?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 00:20:59 by Dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Manuster

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 00:47:31 »
I love your accent!  :D

lmaaaaooooooooooo

@Ayiro "You have much to learn about English, young tadpole..."

I believe the developers tried something along these lines just recently, by allowing members of the community --for a short while, and only for a select few "first come, first serve"-- to make use of their modular buildings system by piecing together buildings of their own designs for the upcoming Hidden Hill...if that's still what we're calling it.

The trouble with this is that reaching out to the community in that way doesn't always guarantee the same levels of quality as that of what you'd expect out of your development team --this is why potential developers are always given a test to complete first, relative to the particular field(s) they're interested in helping out in-- and additionally, you might not even get many people signing up to help. In my own personal opinion, it's a bit of a sloppy way to do things -- about as much of a coin-toss as trying to assemble a game through a Garry's Mod community (in fairness, I'm sure there've been some interesting results to come out of that...but who here can honestly say those moments out-weigh the mountains of failed attempts to create something similar out of the same means?).

Still, I'm intrigued -- what does the rest of the community have to say on this?

I don't think quality is much of an issue, the devs will obviously improve on the quality that the commnuity lack. (So they'd edit and redo it basically)

tho me thinks it'd be beneficial as a way for the commnuity to give ideas to the devs as it must get frustrating (and pretty boring) to think up of dozens of NPC
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me