Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64342
Latest: Kevinvaw
New This Month: 211
New This Week: 47
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 75550
Total Topics: 21479
Most Online Today: 1116
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1031
Total: 1045
EdithSoure
Evamhe
Eldarmur
Kevinvaw
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (8)

Author Topic: Matt's Hotbox  (Read 13429 times)

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
Re: Matt's Hotbox
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 12:50:58 »
Smexy pics xD
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 15:42:14 »
I love that knife, looks like something I would use in-game.

Amazing work guys.

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 16:05:20 »
I love that there's two bins.. is one for recycling? :P

But it does look amazing!

Offline Lumen

• Genin Poster
  • Lumen has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 13:33:16 »
looks sick af! nice work, keep it up  :P

Better explanation. Every polygon in the police academy w/e looks angular, as if someone didn't use smoothing groups. I think it's visible in the hilt of the katana also. It's off putting.
  • Character Name: KilaJoule

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 14:56:18 »

Better explanation. Every polygon in the police academy w/e looks angular, as if someone didn't use smoothing groups. I think it's visible in the hilt of the katana also. It's off putting.

I think that the police station was meant to be like that. You can see that there was applied some smoothing on the sides of the building (where the shurikens are). But, yeah some of them don't have it like the bench or the barrels.

Offline Lumen

• Genin Poster
  • Lumen has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 02:13:38 »

I think that the police station was meant to be like that. You can see that there was applied some smoothing on the sides of the building (where the shurikens are). But, yeah some of them don't have it like the bench or the barrels.

[Cleared the first statement. Understood what you were saying there] 
I don't believe that the building was meant to be so unnaturally sharpened unless they just decided to half-ass it and not use a high poly to create the proper
normal map for the building. Quite literally everything that is a rounded surface is sharp which is quite the eye-sore. It evenshows in the textures. It's as if someone went into
Substance Designer, created and SBSAR and slapped it on. If every other building example where similar, I'd of not poked at it, but it's just entirely too inconsistent and contrast
riddled.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:33:06 by Lumen »
  • Character Name: KilaJoule

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 12:28:31 »

I don't believe that the building was meant to be so unnaturally sharpened unless they just decided to half-ass it and not use a high poly to create the proper
normal map for the building. Quite literally everything that is a rounded surface is sharp which is quite the eye-sore. It evenshows in the textures. It's as if someone went into
Substance Designer, created and SBSAR and slapped it on. If every other building example where similar, I'd of not poked at it, but it's just entirely too inconsistent and contrast
riddled.

Forgot to tell you to never mind what I've said there, sorry. I haven't seen the first photo of the police (where it can obviously be seen the faces of the polygon and its edges).

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 14:37:05 »

riddled.

Forgot to tell you to never mind what I've said there, sorry. I haven't seen the first photo of the police (where it can obviously be seen the faces of the polygon and its edges).

Smoothing groups is on, sometimes the SSAO in quixel shows the edges on the model (noticed it when i was working on the barrels so i turned it off) and we are trying to keep the poly count to a minimum. Also some of light angles i have it set to when I take the pic has an effect on how you see the normal map
  • Character Name: Matt