Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64430
Latest: SheLovesGee
New This Month: 299
New This Week: 60
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 76268
Total Topics: 21973
Most Online Today: 1562
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1011
Total: 1023

Author Topic: Pointessly Random Suggestion(s)!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Kotatsu

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kotatsu has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Pointessly Random Suggestion(s)!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« on: February 27, 2017, 05:35:41 »
For you see long, long ago. Yeah, let's skip that part.

Warning: The following is from a user whose read through every single thread in the suggestion box. If any repeats are formed it is likely they forgot or likely didn't see it on the post.

So, I got done watching a bit of old school Naruto. You know, before the whole grown up, people taking two meteor equivalents in the face, getting up, and dusting off. Then, dying just cause someone poked them with a kunai.

It got me thinking about the whole concept. Ignoring that stealth wasn't a thing, and people stood out in the opening spamming jutsu at each other.

This brings me to start a few of my suggestions! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Pointlessly Random Edition:

The first being about Chakra. A tale old as time. We know it is not a specific thing with Naruto. Many other forms came into this. Anyway, first one is related on Chakra and Jutsu. Now, I suppose this would follow under a 'form' of customization for each character.  Now, I bring this up again someone suggested Jutsu coloration. Such as having a Blue/Black/Purple/Red Chidori or Fireball technique. I thought it was a decent good idea. But, this idea is about Chakra as well.

In Naruto, Naruto states it's like having two Chakra's Blue and Red. This got me thinking, why not let people have different 'Chakra' Colors. Undoubtedly, there will be situations where chakra will be visible (this is an opinion, not a fact. It may very well not be.) Such as when gathering it, or releasing it in some way. An example of 'releasing' would be somewhat between Neji's rotation'. Granted, I know this game is something 'inspired' by the verse, not an actual copy. So, you can completely ignore this one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Why it's called Random.

Second: This one is a bit iffy, as it is both a Suggestion and question. How is health going to work? Is it simply going to be a health 'pool' you get, as you level up skills? (Because, let's face it, you can level up stamina by running a lot. But, you can't 'exactly' train health.) It comes down to a ridiculous notion (I haven't seen any explicit posts, so it's just another one to the pile.)

I don't know exactly how into the combat system is going to go. Personally, I don't even know if everyone will be running around with unlimited kunai to chuck, or if they buy 5. You get 5 until you waste them, buy more, or collect them off the battlefield. Onto health, some people take more than others, but you can't exactly 'balance' that all that. Now, I know that people are saying the combat is 'unforgiving' in some aspects. Where a mistake can cost you. I was thinking (as I watched some videos of people running around using Chidori and such attacking each other, over and over.) There should be a health bar of sorts, two types. Systematic and Overall.

Systematic, how exactly? This game relies on you aiming your attacks, carefully striking, right? Depending on how 'deadly' you want combat I imagine this can be adjusted. But, for my example I'll use 'Super Deadly' as an example. Each Limb, the two arms, two legs, the torso, the head. Would have it's own 'Hp' bars, eventually they would reach a 'ruined state' where using them would be impossible. If not that route, than it could simply come down to 'taking' more damage if they finally reach 'ruined' and you keep taking hits.

What do I mean about the Limb health? Chidori. Let's use that. If I hit you in the chest full blast with one, assuming you have no chakra armor protection, etc. Do you expect to survive it, and be dashing around unharmed? Probably not, obviously overdoing it such as having working 'organs' so if they get you in a critical area is too much work. 

The overall would be your overall 'life'. Again, they may have a better system, and this post is indeed pointless ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). But, it deserves saying anyway. The 'overall' would be the maximum total of Health a character has, maybe it's tied to endurance and stamina in a way (Such as constantly running, or getting beaten up. So, maybe you can train it.) But, the overall would take damage as your limbs would as well. Eventually leading into the K.O status they have set up it seems, which in turn would become a 'Hospital' teleport (In my opinion, I'd much rather see A.I NPC come pick you up and carry you back, but hey.. xD) or the 'Death' status people can choose to inflict. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) You probably read this and thought 'Why is this even a suggestion? I fully trust the team to make a capable combat system. They might even already have this planned, but know this.. Pointlessly Random Suggestions, I can dream too dang it!

Third, it would be 'flight'. Oh, boy have I  seen a lot of comments about this. 'I wanna fly, I wanna summon a bird and fly' etc. To my knowledge, there is going to be ground mounts. Personally, I don't know how much work is going into the A.I. They might decide in the future, they want A.I rogue shinobi for players to do missions, against alongside their animals. For now, though. Flight, probably shouldn't be added into the game. Why? Why would I suggest against it? Especially, how I so much love flying over the landscapes and seeing what is what. Quite simple really.

In all the games that have added flight (No, matter how good the aerial combat, or overall flight is.) It not only messes up the community in ways, it messes up ground related things. (Why walk and be ambushed, when I can fly far overhead. Why bother with ground related things, it'll be easier to fly over them. Eventually, it'll turn into a 'Can we just fly our goods over to villages instead of going through the dangerous routes?' Try removing it afterwards, the backlash would be borderline insanity. For a game like this, it just doesn't work that great. Besides, what good are village walls if you can just fly over them? *thinks* Get me my anti-air kunai launcher..

Speaking of Villages, this brings me to my Fourth suggestion! The last one, and I just remembered this just a second ago ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

In terms of village defense, to aid the whoever is the leader of the 'village' or 'information/anbu/shadow men of a thousand shadows' Whichever you call the 'police/ underground police' Each major village (not including small ones or towns, etc.) Should have a sort of detection barrier around them. How would this work? I can't say. Would it detect only rogue/foreigners merchants/ninjas? Would it notify of 'members' of the village entering and leaving?

The 'Code' to get past 'undetected' could be 'Hokage, or Head of Police' type knowledge. (If everyone had it, 'Hi friend, here's the code, let's go stealthily betray my village' Funny, but a bit hectic.) Also, 'who' would be notified? The Hokage, and special forces/police force could be. But, I suppose this would even have to be considered before working out the details. Since I'm unsure if players would want to 'run' a intelligence HQ. It could be that members of that have to go 'notify' people in person that a breach happened.

Anyway, sorry for all this pointless drivel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Personally, I just put this here cause it came to mind. Not of it need be considered, nor is anything guaranteed to enter the game. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Though, maybe it might?

Let me know what you guys think, or if there's anything you disagree with and such.

Disclaimer: These are merely suggestions, they do not represent the game as a whole, none of these suggestions of subject to implementation. Warranty void where prohibited.  There is no Tl;dr, nor do I have any idea how long this is. So, apologies.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:40:30 by Kotatsu »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Pointessly Random Suggestion(s)!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 14:02:37 »
So I would like to weigh in on some of these ideas.

1:chakra color.
If you had read anything about the rasangon( a chakra Chang in form only jutsu and would in your suggestion have different colors) jutsu like this won't be in game. So the only thing change in color might effect is the chakra animation on the feet as you walk on water or up walls. Still a descent idea and true to naruto.

2:health
Most of what is suggested here was already talked about. I'm with you - health should not be trainable. Endurance was a suggestion much like your idea for systematic health. But again I'm on board with most of this.

3: Flight
There has bin a lot of speculation on summoning and I Agee with your reasons for limited flight or no flight. However i believe summons can balanced and while flying over an area is a good way to find and scout out opponents an infiltrate areas, other summons might be more useful in other ways.

4: village barriers
Any player with a Fuinjutsu skill in Barriers
Can put up a barrier anywhere. Also different kinds of barriers.

Offline DinkersMcgooch

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • DinkersMcgooch has no influence.
  • Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 14:07:21 »
I like it, have my babies.
  • Character Name: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So many long signatures.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 17:45:13 »

There should be a health bar of sorts, two types. Systematic and Overall.

Systematic, how exactly? This game relies on you aiming your attacks, carefully striking, right? Depending on how 'deadly' you want combat I imagine this can be adjusted. But, for my example I'll use 'Super Deadly' as an example. Each Limb, the two arms, two legs, the torso, the head. Would have it's own 'Hp' bars, eventually they would reach a 'ruined state' where using them would be impossible. If not that route, than it could simply come down to 'taking' more damage if they finally reach 'ruined' and you keep taking hits.

What do I mean about the Limb health? Chidori. Let's use that. If I hit you in the chest full blast with one, assuming you have no chakra armor protection, etc. Do you expect to survive it, and be dashing around unharmed? Probably not, obviously overdoing it such as having working 'organs' so if they get you in a critical area is too much work. 

Originally, I thought you insane. However when I got to your second suggestion I becan to see a glimpse of clarity.

Something similar has indeed been suggested before, however I do like the way you phrased it.

The idea of systematic health bars is brilliant, health bars for each limb, head and torso. However I don't think they should be completey separate.

Damage taken to each limb should reflect as 25% of your Overall Health. (As well as the systematic damage to the limb)
Damage to the torso should reflect as 50% of your Overall Health. (As well as the systematic damage to the torso)
And damage to the head should reflect as 100% of Overall Health. (As well as the systematic damage to the head)

To kill someone would require
1. destroying their head
2. destroying their torso and 2 limbs
3. destroying all 4 limbs

Vuregu already has plans to prevent a flying kunai from OHKOing

Spoiler: show
I tried to go through the entire suggestion thread but yelp NinjaMiraje had some lengthy ass maths posts...
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent