Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 25
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 738
Total: 746
Google (8)

Author Topic: The Battle of Yoake Hill - Chapter 2  (Read 8330 times)

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

The Battle of Yoake Hill - Chapter 2
« on: December 05, 2016, 03:46:06 »
Yoooooo everyone! Before you dive in, just wanna say welcome back, and two things:
I might have said there would be a battle in this chapter, but the plot events that happened in it took more words to write than I thought so the first fight will probably be next time. Also, remember to look at the time and location indicators I put, to be able to understand the story.
Let's-a go!

LAST TIME:
https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2843.15
A man blows a hole into a hill. The Thunder Kage sends a team to investigate, the man goes in.

The battle at Yoake hill chapter 2

27 October, year 1567 of the new calendar.
Near Yoake Hill
1557 Hours

Diamond Himitsu Lee zipped from tree to tree on his way back from a mission to the Hidden Shockwave. He was hoping to make it back to the Ash before sunset, but it didn't seem like he was going to make it. "Maybe if my name was Justin Time, I would make it" chuckled Diamond to himself. Making horribly corny jokes on purpose had become such a habit that he made them even to himself now...

As he finished giggling at his own joke, something caught his eye to the right. Lee hopped onto the ground, peering at the horizon. In the distance, on the side of a hill, he could see a steady plume of smoke rising. "Huh, I wonder what that is... According to the map, there aren't any villages there..." Then, Diamond heard a muffled explosion, which to his trained shinobi ear, sounded like that of a paper bomb. "What? Paper bombs?  Is there fighting? I should investigate... Oh well, screw getting to the village in time."

As Diamond Lee approached to the location from which the smoke was coming from and from where he assumed the explosion had taken place, he noticed that the smoke was coming from a hole created in the hill, probably by an explosion or jutsu. Also, at the mouth of this hole, were two shinobi in Hidden Thunder attire. They were in bad shape. One looked like he was in his thirties, and both of his legs had been blown off. He was breathing, but unconscious. The other seemed like a teenager-young adult. One of his legs was lightly injured, but he was obviously going to make it. He wore a Hidden Thunder ANBU uniform. He was somewhat chubby, with long, grey spiky hair.  Lee ran up the side of the hill, rubble crunching under his boots. He came within close range of the injured shinobi, and said: "Hey! What happened, did your sensei not sense it?" and then immediately scolded himself for it. This was serious, not a time to make garbage jokes. He put his serious face on.

The grey haired young man turned his head to face him, a look of relief  to see a shinobi from an allied nation on his face. Diamond kneeled at his side, and was about to ask him a question, but the grey-haired spoke first: " My name is J -- " However, Lee interrupted: "Sorry to be so harsh buddy, but I don't care what your name is. However, do you have any info on what caused this explosion that injured you and that man over there?"
The young man answered quickly: "No, but my name is Juke and tell my mom that --"
But from the moment he had heard the "No", Lee was already off, running towards the more gravely injured man. He knew the chubby boy would make it, so he had no inclinations to listen to his message to his mother or whatever he was rambling about.

The second Thunder shinobi was in very bad shape. He was probably not going to make it, as he had lost both legs and had already bled profusely, enough to create a puddle around the stumps that were his legs. Lee knew basic medical ninjutsu, so he started healing the man immediately.

After a few minutes of healing, the man started to wake up. He looked around him through half-closed eyes, groaned, and looked up at Diamond. "Hey... Do you have any intel on what caused this explosion, sir?" Lee asked quietly. "Gloves...  had paper bombs in them.... left on the floor..." whispered the man, speaking with difficulty, croaking. "Who did this? Did someone set a trap? Do you know?" Asked Lee, as he desperately tried to stop the man's bleeding and close his wound. "We... think he's in... the hill" said the shinobi, before mumbling a few more unintelligible words, and passing out again. "Mister! Hey! Hang on! I can heal you!" Shouted Lee uselessly. The man's chest rose and fell one last time, and then it stopped, forever. "Damn it!" Lee exclaimed, as he realized the shinobi was dead. He gently closed the mans' eyes, and got up to decide what to do next.
                     •••••••••••••
Inside Yoake Hill
1620 Hours

The dark-skinned man walked at a brisk pace down the passage. He had heard the first of his booby traps go off a few minutes ago, and he was getting nervous.

Hopefully, whoever had stepped on the gloves had been taken out, but he couldn't count on it. Also, perhaps they had been accompanied, and their comrade might try and investigate if they were shinobi.
Whoever it was, and whether they had set the trap off because they were investigating the explosion or not, it was not good someone or something was lurking around the explosion site so soon. He tried to pick up his pace even more, but could not manage a trot; his chakra was still almost fully spent from the two jutsu he had used to force his way into the hill. All of a sudden, something flew out towards the man from behind him to the left. In the near darkness of the dimly lit stairs, he could not make out what it was, but he still managed to dodged it, barely. However, two more objects came flying towards him from ahead. They looked like kunai, but they seemed to have come from the walls themselves! Was this passage laid with traps to whoever would enter? Why? The dark-skinned man narrowly dodged the first projectile with a desperate jerk of his body, but the second object hit him squarely in the shoulder, burying itself into his flesh with a crunch. "Aaah!" He screamed, grunting as he felt pain irradiate from his shoulder. He reached to the wound, breathed in, grabbed the kunai, and pulled it out. "Ah!" Strangely, no blood seemed to flow from this wound. The projectile that had pierced his skin seemed to be made of rock, like the one that the walls were made out of. The previously cloaked man stayed kneeling, expecting more rock kunai to come his way. None came. He looked up, incredulous. On one side, he was lucky that no more were coming as he could not dodge in his current state, but on the other he was unlucky; he had gotten hit by the last trap of the batch. He just had to hope there were just these traps.       
Shakily, the dark skinned man got up, his vision swimming in the dimly lit staircase, and resumed walking towards  downwards. "Huh, that barely even hurt." He remarked to himself as he walked down the stairs, feeling better and better as he got closer to his goal.
                 ••••••••••••
Yoake Hill
1636 Hours

"I have to investigate", muttered Diamond Lee to himself, as he looked at the hole in the hill. The fact that traps had been set around the mouth of the hole seemed suspicious, and so his hypothesis was that someone had blown a hole into the hill, laid traps around it to stop anyone from following them, and then gone inside. But why? Were they being chased by police or shinobi? Would that mean those Thunder Shinobi were his pursuit team then?
Or were they here to look for something in the hill?

There were many possibilities.

"Perhaps that shitty ANBU that let himself be caught in such an elementary trap over there will know... ANBU tend to know stuff, right?" Lee mused. He trotted over to the side of the young adult, and asked him if he knew why he was sent on his mission and if there was anyone in the hole in the hill. "No! I don't know anything..." exclaimed the ANBU calling himself Juke. "I just became an ANBU trainee, nobody told me anything, I was just supposed to follow that other guy and investigate something, I can't remember what.... But anyways, I'm a pretty chill guy, Il like to sleep in trees, and -- " Diamond Lee tuned out at this point, and pretended to listen so as to not aggravate the slightly chubby ANBU trainee.

It was decided: He had to investigate. According to the now dead shinobi, someone was in there, and it made sense to him, since traps had been set around the mouth of the hole... He had to do this, even if it wasn't his mission: more people's lives might get in danger somehow if nothing was investigated. Innocent people's lives....

Lee got up, walked over to Juke, gave him some food pills, told him he would be back, and then took out of one of his pouches an Iryo Buntai flare. He ignited it and threw it into the air as far as he could. Hopefully, a medic would see the green glow of the flare in the waning light of the afternoon, and would come and help Juke, and send the other shinobi's body to his village to rest. "Hey you, write a report to your village. Tell them everything you know. Also say that a shinobi of the Ash called Diamond Lee is going into the hole to investigate. Got it?" Juke answered, looking confused: "Who's the Ash shinobi?" Diamond Lee looked at him with a deadpan look, totally unimpressed by the ANBU quality of the Hidden Thunder. He then sprinted into the cave, just as behind him, Juke realized who the Ash shinobi was, emitting a loud "Ooooooh I get it..." as the answer crawled into his brain.
••••••••••••••
Inside Yoake Hill
1645 Hours

The dark-skinned man walked down the stairs, pain throbbing through his shoulder. Then, a sudden pang of pain made him collapse to his knees again, and he recovered with slow, deep breaths, his body shaking. "No, not now, not so close to my goal..." After a little while, he got up. He felt better. The pain had disapeared, as if he had never been hit with the rock kunai. "It didn't even hurt at all actually, why did I fall?" Wondered the man as he trotted down the stairs, towards a red glow that was becoming stronger and stronger.

THE END OF CHAPTER TWO

I hope everyone liked it, I have a lot of stuff going on atm ( overused line I know), but I am writing every evening, so the chapters will keep coming. Due to the sheer amount of characters, it's hard to write a coherent plot that includes everyone and is not boring, and so that's why this is long and hard for me.

Anyways hope you like it, see you chapter 3!

Diamond Lee out!

Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
Re: The Battle of Yoake Hill - Chapter 2
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 05:21:56 »
yep the writing improved a lot.
I like it. :)

And thats a bad impression on Thunder Anbus :(
I mean technically, be it an anbu or a regular soldier/shinobi. If a squad has been assigned an official mission, every member should at least be given a briefing as to what they are up to rather than just follow their superior.
just a thought :)
It was a pretty good read anyways thumbs up

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:49 »
You made Juke such a nub. lol

It could be mamoudou
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 10:35:19 »

LAST TIME:
https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2843.15
A man blows a hole into a hill. The Thunder Kage sends a team to investigate, the man goes in.

I like this, I'm stealing it.

Diamond Lee looked at him with a deadpan look, totally unimpressed by the ANBU quality of the Hidden Thunder.

^^^^^^^ You're telling me man ;)
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline taigakun

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 11:55:15 »
Gj man, it keeps getting better and better.
Looking forward to the next chapter!

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 12:06:07 »
Good thing I'm not an ANBU.
Anyways well written, and I'm looking forward to the next one.
-Actually one of the few stories I actually read, haven't even started with Plebsters story.

Offline JukeBlook

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • JukeBlook has no influence.
  • Whats Up?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 13:13:40 »
  • Character Name: 1:Juke Yazamaki  2:Yasu Kottatsuki
Try not slow me down! *Poof*

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 14:11:06 »
aye don't let this post go waste juke boii. Use it to express the feelings you are trying to supress! C'mon let it all out!

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 14:36:55 »
Say how you feel, Juke.

But Juke is supposedly strong when he has his anbu mask on, but if not, he's a little noob.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline JukeBlook

• Academy Student Poster
  • JukeBlook has no influence.
  • Whats Up?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 16:04:53 »
aye don't let this post go waste juke boii. Use it to express the feelings you are trying to supress! C'mon let it all out!

nah its ok im good
  • Character Name: 1:Juke Yazamaki  2:Yasu Kottatsuki
Try not slow me down! *Poof*

Offline Hooke

• Academy Student Poster
  • Hooke has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 16:29:54 »
Nice work Lee i am really liking it. Keep up the good work buds.
  • Character Name: Hooke Himitsu

Offline Hiruko

• Chunin Poster
  • Hiruko has no influence.
  • Follow the wind!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaze
  • Organization: Katakiuchi
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 18:23:28 »
Rest in pepperonis Juke R.I.P. Nice work Lee, hope the fighting thing there will be good :)

Offline DrSuhi

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 19:01:19 »
"Hey! What happened, did your sensei not sense it?"
That's comedy gold right here. I actually spat out some coca cola when I read that line.
The story is great too, can't wait for the next chapter :D
  • Character Name: Satoru Nii

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 19:11:33 »
Very nice. Hopefully we get to see the plot unfold more next chapter.  Tyt though ;)

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 22:54:49 »
Well done lee, the plot is unfolding nicely. Keep up the good work, lol
  • Character Name: Ikiryo