Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64400
Latest: Pedroagips
New This Month: 269
New This Week: 30
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 75807
Total Topics: 21610
Most Online Today: 1139
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1023
Total: 1035

Author Topic: Village blueprint  (Read 5058 times)

Offline adithya

Village blueprint
« on: December 03, 2016, 16:55:23 »
So I was watching the stream uploaded a few days ago, and I was thinking about how if the blueprints of the village was known to all of the players, some of the rouge might find their plan of attack quite easily, AND in contrast, how if the Kage did not have the blueprint of their respective villages, they'd be pretty weak in planning a defensive strategy during times of attack.

Hence, I propose that (apart from the superficial buildings and the general maps) if the villages have some sort of hidden, non-publicized areas or entrances/exits, only the Kage should be made aware of these secrets (and whomever else they wish to share this information with) so as to retain that need to collect all information (in this case the secret pathways) before drawing up a plan of attack.

Thoughts?

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Village blueprint
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 18:02:22 »
Ehhh -- personally, while I think this is a good idea, I don't see how it'll help in the long run.

The best way for an attack to be planned is to either get a spy in or buy-out an insider, both of which --I might add-- could *easily* allow for an agent to search the entire village anyway, find said entrances/exits, and then you'd be back to square one. If anything, there should be entrances/exits that can only be opened by members of the Kage's body-guard --or the Kage themself-- in order to prevent such extended infiltration efforts....though of course, there's always the possibility that a body-guard might end up becoming an agent of the enemy, but it's significantly reduced since those members are usually hand-picked by the Kage for their trust and loyalty.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 00:30:00 »
I think the best way to go about this is for each player to have a map and whatever places they explore it will also be shown on his/her map. Also I think the idea of having players being able to add/remove markers & text on maps would be a nice feature
  • Character Name: Matt

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 03:05:20 »
I think the best way to go about this is for each player to have a map and whatever places they explore it will also be shown on his/her map. Also I think the idea of having players being able to add/remove markers & text on maps would be a nice feature
Strongly agreeing to this suggestion. It will make the game more realistic.
Along with that, I also agree that a village blueprint should be in possession of the officials. Because of the simple fact, They run the whole town!
I mean irl, the cities and towns we have, and the municipalities that govern them, address the inhabitants grievances, build new stuff, etc. They all require a blue print of the city to make their job easy.
Although yeah, if it falls in evil hands, it could lead to quite undesirable events for the village, but then its the duty of the officials to prevent such misplacement. (After all its kinda a govt. classified document)

Offline Manuster

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 10:58:39 »
Along with that, I also agree that a village blueprint should be in possession of the officials. Because of the simple fact, They run the whole town!
I mean irl, the cities and towns we have, and the municipalities that govern them, address the inhabitants grievances, build new stuff, etc. They all require a blue print of the city to make their job easy.
Although yeah, if it falls in evil hands, it could lead to quite undesirable events for the village, but then its the duty of the officials to prevent such misplacement. (After all its kinda a govt. classified document)

Great ideas, however if it's possible to add information to your map....maybe it will be possible to remove/confuse someone elses? via jutsu ofc. A jutsu that could blur certain parts of someones map, flip it along the x/y axis and maybe even delete it so they have to start all over again. (Ofc this jutsu would only correspond to the map of a certain area like a village, not the whole SLO map. (And maybe this jutsu could be able to hit multiple targets at higher levels? idk just speculating))
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:25:38 »

Great ideas, however if it's possible to add information to your map....maybe it will be possible to remove/confuse someone elses? via jutsu ofc. A jutsu that could blur certain parts of someones map, flip it along the x/y axis and maybe even delete it so they have to start all over again. (Ofc this jutsu would only correspond to the map of a certain area like a village, not the whole SLO map. (And maybe this jutsu could be able to hit multiple targets at higher levels? idk just speculating))
Thays called Hax bruh :3
Hax no Jutsu!
XP

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 08:28:44 »

Maybe maps can be a semi-physical item-
That way, if it's destroyed or lost,
the minimap is basically wiped and the player has to start over.
Otherwise, it corresponds with my earlier ideas of genjutsus
having interface-screw potential.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 08:37:21 »
Perhaps the map could also be an item that is interactable and can be drawn upon by squad leader (like in payday/BnS).

This promotes strategy planning and greatly improves communication.
Kinda like manu/mamita's idea but more simply put; no jutsu needed. Just ink and quill.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:39:50 by DarthTyrael »

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline HavvicGames

• Chunin Poster
  • HavvicGames has no influence.
  • Got no quotes
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kamakiri
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 19:33:36 »
Maybe the village has the map as a document guarded by anbu and a powerful sealing jutsu? Perhaps a copying jutsu that can create a copy of the document so the kage isn't aware any one has information on the village.
  • Character Name: Kamakiri Mikachi

Offline takami

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • takami has no influence.
  • ↑↑↑
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 19:49:29 »
if they add secret passages and hidden roads leading to areas of interest in the village (of course officially written only in blueprints) would make sense, so who has the blueprint has a valuable information...information that must be protected to prevent invasions etc.