Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64359
Latest: wholesale pharmacy
New This Month: 228
New This Week: 64
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 75634
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1090
Total: 1103

Author Topic: Customization  (Read 11853 times)

Offline Beedle

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Beedle has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Customization
« on: November 28, 2014, 16:31:04 »
For the longest times video games only let you customize to the extent of maybe what class u played, what weapon you used etc. Recently though with games like destiny you can literally customize every piece of armor/weapon to upgrade its stats and chose perks for the equipment.

Now since the game is skill based i doubt armor and weps will have stat increases /perks in most cases BUT Do you guys think its possible to allow players to customize armor and weapons in terms of looks? for example perhaps choosing the hilt of the sword you get or choosing if you want to wrap the handles of your kunai like some characters in the naruto universe do.  this would also let a bunch of ppl for example who are jonin rank & receive the jonin vest(if thats even in the game) to diversify they way they look by opening thir vest/ rolling up their sleeves etc.

Just wondering if this is even a possibility & what you guys think of it.  Let me know

• Character Name: Etski

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
Re: Customization
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 16:47:23 »
Reading this made me think of something job wise. There will be people in the game like medical ninja who will heal you for a price, and seeing as though you can't just go balls deep and fight some random nerd, almost die, disconnect and come back an hour later to a 100% restored ninja, these medical ninja will be needed.

The whole customization of armor and weapon thing should be unique to someone who does the job, and not something that can be done so easily. This will help stimulate the economy and add alternative purpose to the game other than the "PWN NOOBZ". Obviously looking further down the road-- Let people with these skill-sets to buy shops/buildings in order to set up their business, making SLO a true realistic, simulation.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 16:50:47 by Xendrus... »
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 23:29:52 »
Yeah, just having a little bit of politics (kage choosing system) won't be sufficient to call the game realistic. What Xendrus said is great, for exendrusample (see what I did there) you'll need to go to a blacksmith or something similar to customize your weapons. And since it will cost resources you'd have to pay of course and those resources should also be gathered by sending a group of regular people (hireable npc's that do your dirty work) into the mines etc. You'd have to wait for the resources to arrive and there is no way of speeding it up(unlike some strategy games where you build your own village). It makes perfect sense to me, some random guy pays you to customize their weapons and armor and with that money you can either just go and buy resources or pay npc's to gather loads of resources for you. And to get a working space, there could be buildings with a sign in front of it that would say something like: For Sale and some mail adress(some post-bird ID or something). This would allow basic economy related stuff/events to take place and take the reality in SLO to a whole new level imo.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 20:34:24 »
Yeah, just having a little bit of politics (kage choosing system) won't be sufficient to call the game realistic. What Xendrus said is great, for exendrusample (see what I did there) you'll need to go to a blacksmith or something similar to customize your weapons. And since it will cost resources you'd have to pay of course and those resources should also be gathered by sending a group of regular people (hireable npc's that do your dirty work) into the mines etc. You'd have to wait for the resources to arrive and there is no way of speeding it up(unlike some strategy games where you build your own village). It makes perfect sense to me, some random guy pays you to customize their weapons and armor and with that money you can either just go and buy resources or pay npc's to gather loads of resources for you. And to get a working space, there could be buildings with a sign in front of it that would say something like: For Sale and some mail adress(some post-bird ID or something). This would allow basic economy related stuff/events to take place and take the reality in SLO to a whole new level imo.

I can't express how excited I got when I read this and imaginedbthat this could really be ig. But still, don't you think that those ideas went too far. I mean i don't remember, in Naruto univere a shinobi that owned a bussiness...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 20:36:17 by Konohuro »

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 06:31:21 »

I can't express how excited I got when I read this and imaginedbthat this could really be ig. But still, don't you think that those ideas went too far. I mean i don't remember, in Naruto univere a shinobi that owned a bussiness...
Not Everybody will be a shinobi (MAYBE) some people might make a second account and become a merchant.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 11:27:24 »
Teuchi ramen is a business
He be making millions
Bank with six figures
hand at the trigger
dollars in this bitch
his life is pitch
perfect
Not what you expect
But last time I checked
all he does is affect
the market with that ramen
like tutan fucking khamun
doesn't even rhyme
but he got all the dimes
to make the fucking climb
to the top of the bank
so @Konohuro while you're being a hoe
Teuchi be making dough
*Teuchi drops mic*
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:32:50 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 11:32:55 »
Ichiraku ramen is a business
He be making millions
Bank with six figures
hand at the trigger
dollars in this bitch
his life is pitch
perfect
Not what you expect
But last time I checked
all he does is affect
the market with that ramen
like tutan fucking khamun
doesn't even rhyme
but he got all the dimes
to make the fucking climb
to the top of the bank
so @Konohuro while you're being a hoe
Ichiraku be making dough
*Ichiraku drops mic*

*CLAP CLAP CLAP*  kinda wish that eminem wrote and sang that but ah well XD

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 11:38:43 »
@Mars  you made my day with that xD
Still:
i don't remember, in Naruto univere a shinobi that owned a bussiness...
And the game is called Shinobi Life Online.

However this would clarify things:

Not Everybody will be a shinobi (MAYBE) some people might make a second account and become a merchant.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 11:43:57 »
Still:

He's one of the most powerful shinobi in the world of Naruto tho?

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 12:10:25 »
Still:

ALL HAIL ICHIRAKU!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 12:12:53 »
Still:

Lord Ichiraku will kill everyone.

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 15:09:30 »
ICHIRAKU WILL DESTROY KONOHA. IT IS HIS SECRET MISSION
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Shirihata

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Shirihata has no influence.
  • Shirihata is my name ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 01:48:52 »
Maybe there will be a hunger and hydration thing where you can die from starvation and hunger, causing a need for shops?
  • Character Name: Shirihata
So I guess this is my signature so I'd better make it nice.

Wow. I have pretty neat handwriting.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 02:17:46 »
Maybe there will be a hunger and hydration thing where you can die from starvation and hunger, causing a need for shops?
Don't quote me on this but I think that's already planned. If not I'd like to see that ingame!

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 03:42:17 »
Don't quote me on this but I think that's already planned. If not I'd like to see that ingame!
Already planned.

About item customization, apart from logos on items, it's undecided whether item stats will be customizable.
  • Character Name: Vuregu